2011 Islanders Match Thread

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico FC' started by jcm28, Mar 22, 2011.

1. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Lets hope notm cause they were a breeze :D

2. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You were right. Metapan was not a breeze. But I am still encouraged. We have seen teams down 2-0 in the first half and still win the game. We are at half time in our match with Metapan. Of course, instead of changing ends, we change cities. Playing at home in front of their supporters, I believe the Islanders will put on a very aggressive attack. Hope is not lost. I still believe.

3. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Much credit to Metapan. They played much better than we did.

4. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Montreal beat us 1-0. Glad to see Alexis and Marco get some minutes. Now on to Wednesday's big game.

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well you guys won, but you allowed a visiting goal so your CCL is over :(

6. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    That happens when your team plays LIKE A BUNCH OF LITTLE SCHOOL BOYS IN THE AWAY MATCH!

7. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Intru, I agree the series was lost by our poor play in El Salavador.

However I take from this series a more serious concern. What has happened to Fana? I know he has done both club and international duty. But his teammates continued NASL play while he was gone. Fana, like many of our players, showed little in Metapan and was subbed off in the second half. He didn't make the trip to Montreal and did not seem to figure in the game last night.

I could not find the feed for the game last night and would up reading accounts through twitter (both the Islanders and Metapan's tweets). Fana was not mentioned in any of the comments. Is he ok? Has he hit the wall? Or is he doing things on the field to open up opportunities for others rather than himself?

8. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Fana is fine he was involved in both penalty calls, the problems is the lack of Adlerry has put oponets focus on him and basically closed him down.

9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PRI - Atlanta just started.

10. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    We beat FC Edmonton 3-2 last night. We're in quite the winning streak...

11. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    BTW Adlerry is injured again and Foley is injured to so we won't have them for the Montreal game either. Looks like it could be another L for us if the bench can't get in the game.

12. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, it has been awfully quiet on this site lately. Between injury and national call ups, it has been a tough two weeks. Now that we have everyone back (that are healthy), the Islanders finally get a chance to put their best team on the field. Will it be enough? I hope so. The last Striker goal was a killer. But with Fana and Foley in the attack, we should be able to put pressure on FL. I bet Clarke has set a starting line up for the first half while planning to go with three in the back if we still need goals in the second half. I'm excited. Vamos Islanders!

13. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure where to put this but Fabrice Noel in in camp with the Battery right now. He is was on the roster for our Carolina Challenge Cup match against the Columbus Crew

We play DC United Wednesday night so if he gets any minutes Ill keep you posted.

mikey

14. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mikey,

Thanks. I spoke with Fabrice in August or September at one of the Islanders' home games. He was rehabbing his knee. I hope he is able to play like in the past. He has deadly speed and is a great guy. Keep us posted.

On a side note, I saw Noel play for his national team in the Gold Cup a few years ago. The game was at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Texas (where the Dallas Cowboys play). It is a great venue for football (international or American). And it was great to see a former Islander playing before over 80,000.