2011 China National Olympics Team

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Mar 1, 2011.

1. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    if Qatar can get the world cup, then Olympic qualification is nothing for west Asian teams! But anyway, even if the ref was unfair or whatnot, still China put thmeselves in that position. If they had not lost the first leg, that last goal wouldn't even mattered. We all know refs mess up, even during the world cup. The best we can do is to not put ourselves in a situation where the ref can affect the outcome. Unfortunately, that happened today.

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, if it was Barcelona, he should have done the same. This behavior is uncalled for and unnecessary.

4. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    td, I surmise some of the stupid jokes or harsh comments are simply fans venting their anger, given the current sad state of Chinese soccer and NT performances. It might not have much to do with low IQ. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if the Japanese team is this bad the Japanese fans would be harsh as well.

There'll always be some people who will criticize harshly or sarcastically no matter what. I think most of the older and the more seasoned fans, at this point in time, are fairly aloof about the NT's. After being disappointed time and time again a lot of them thinks it's simply a waste of time and energy to even give a comment.

5. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

You're probably right. It's just that some of the stuff on the web from the Mainland fans is really hard the eyes.

6. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The stuff on the web written by JAPANESE footy fans about the Chinese NT are even worse. I still think it is hilarious how I could never imagine a Japanese person having the balls to express those opinions in person about another team (even if it is about the "hated Chinese"). I guess internet anonymity really bolsters the ego and reveals inner thoughts better than alcohol ;)

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    for those who care, the coach did not have his contract renewed.
    good bye miroslav blazevic.

8. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

You would expect fans of a competing team to say bad things about your team. But to hear craps said by fans of your own team is really aggravating.

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this faintly alludes some user named chinesefootballfa...

10. Zhou Botong

Zhou Botong Member

Oct 15, 2007

I am touched by the fact that you have jumped to the defence of Chinese soccer despite the dismal performance of the U-23 team. 难得,难得
    You have my admiration and therefore an apology from me for any offence caused is in order. Really really sorry.

But you need not worry about me. I have been solidly behind Chinese soccer for decades and that's not likely to change. Recently I might have slipped a bit but that is more out of frustration than any thing else. I am frustrated by some of the inexplicable decisions of the new soccer boss. For example why was a stand-in coach appointed to lead the Asian Games team last year. Home ground advantage provides the best opportunity for the team to shine and revitalise itself. A winning performance would have taken the team to a higher level of confidence, not to mention the benefits of an expanded fan base. Alas we missed the opportunity just as we did in Beijing 2008.

Even more puzzling was the engagement of a coach whose previous team did not even win the CSL title. So what's on the mind of Wei Di 先生? I dread to find out.

11. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Not "defence". Just thought a true fan should stand by his team through the thick and thin. When there's nothing to cheer about, a true fan still cheers for his team and cheers them on.

I've always thought of you as a staunch supporter of Chinese soccer and always appreciated your loyalty and insight. Even when you are raising questions the questions are very analytical and specific which I think is the behavior of a true fan.

As to Wei Di, if not him, in the state that Chinese soccer was in when he was appointed, I dare ask, then who?

12. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

CFF is alright. He is just too heart-broken. I still remember the days when he fought tooth and nail on behalf of Chinese soccer in these very forums.

13. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    TD is spot on...those fooking wankers who take delight in abusing their own nt can bloody well piss off for all i care. Cao ta ma de, fooking cunnts...

14. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2011-07-11/10155653232.shtml

Looks like CFA is going to turn the Olympic team into the China B team, with Blažević possible continuing as the coach. They want to keep developing the team and give them game experience so they can be used for 2018 WC...

15. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This sounds like a back door way for Blažević to be the new Senior national team coach.