2011/12 Tadanari Lee @ Southampton F.C. (ENG) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

Tadanari Lee (李忠成)

D.O.B- 19 December 1985

History
    2004 F.C. Tokyo
    2005-2009 Kashiwa Reysol
    2009-2012 Sanfrecce Hiroshima
    2012- Southampton F.C.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JRWjXzzxXc"]Tadanari Lee J-League 2010 All Goals - YouTube[/ame]

2. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It might take a while for Lee to adjust to the nature of English football, but I'm sure he'll get his opportunities, the club seemed pretty determined to sign him.

Amazing how much he progressed at Sanfrecce, back when he signed for them from Kashiwa I thought he would never come close to playing in Europe, let alone scoring 15+ goals in the J League.

3. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  6. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sounds like he had a clause incorporated which allows him to go abroad for free.

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yeah and I hope he's the last one to sign this thing. A club died today and one of the best players of the J.league leaves for free. No wonder why ...

8. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    This means Sanfrecce Hiroshima hasn't received a single yen for this transfer? Unbelievable :eek::(

9. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    To top that, Makino signs for Urawa. Rough week for Sanfrecce.

10. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What kind of idiot creates such a contract I would have love to see the contract as well as the baka who wrote it.

Seriously no offense ment

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We've gone over this to death on the forum already. I'll look for the discussion, but there's a reason why it works this way and why J-League clubs aren't doing anything about it.

Almost every single player in the league is on a year contract with the exception of a few players like Haraguchi and Yuji Ono.

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And at least Haraguchi probably has some release clause. Otherwise there wouldn't be his signature on it.

13. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well perhaps the fact that more and more players are going to Europe for free will force clubs into rethinking on the habit

14. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    At the current rate, no.

I think that right now there's definitely an inflation of Japanese players moving abroad.

It will eventually reach a point where we'll see only about 1-2 players moving every window.

How many players have the capability of going abroad anyways? I think that most European scouts are looking for a player that fits a certain criteria.

1. Young
    2. Already a regular for the U23's or NT member
    3. 1-2 good seasons in a row.

How many players in the league fit that criteria? Off the top of my head only Kiyotake, Haraguchi, and H. Sakai are extremely likely candidates to leave.

Yes there are those like Maeda and Komano, but is losing them really a big loss? They've been in the league for so long that they've paid their dues.

Losing 1-2 players a window is definitely not something to worry about at all.

15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think that you guys are forgetting that it seems the clubs are testing new methods of combating this "problem".

The Sakai deal seemed really strange when I first heard about it, but it could be possibly a new method that clubs are testing in order to get compensation.

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He definitely doesn't have any "get out free" deal. I remember when he was interviewed about signing his new multi-year deal. That the reason he did it was because he wanted to give something back to Reds who raised him as a footballer. So he signed that contract with the intention of fetching Urawa some money if he leaves.

He has said he wants to do europe. But yeah, doesn't want to leave for nothing. Which I think is good of him.

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There still could be a release clause which determines a fixed fee for a transfer to Europe.

Anyway, let's say there's no clause whatsoever in Haraguchi's contract. The bottom line will be that no European club will buy him for a realistic sum, thus he will not generate any mio. for Reds. The only way this could happen is when 2 clubs launch a price war which won't happen as long as there's only one agent talking about him to European clubs.

18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    With more Japanese players making it in Europe and better JNT results clubs can easily raise the price tag bar.

Like I said Gamba is cool with getting 3,25 mils for Usami all together but it is hardly needed for the club to survive.

For instance. Here in my country when Ilicic went to Palermo and Maribor got those 3 mils it was like their entire year's budget

For Gamba it is not even close. So they DO NOT need to sell. That's why I think Gamba is playing a lot smarter than for instance Cerezo or Sanfrecce (but who are both smaller clubs that is true - however it is eaxctly these two who would NEED the money )

SamuraiBlue2002 what exactly do you mean about the way Sakai-s contract is written. How is it written?

19. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sakai is a loan with option to buy.

Instead of letting him go for a minimal fee, they can get some money if Stuttgart wants to buy him.

I'm interested in seeing how much, if Stuttgart decide to buy him, Sakai will go for.

20. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Isn't he on loan for 500k until his contract ends?

21. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ok, I checked and his contract at Albirex goes till 2014.

So Albirex got 500k as his loan fee, and might as well see some cash for a full transfer.

Is this a model deal? Maybe but Sakai is a youngster who not many thought of making the switch already, probably including himself. Lee on the other hand is a proven striker in Jleague, and I assume that he knew what kind of contract he wanted last time he signed one with Sanfrecce.

23. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Gamba made a similar deal with Bayern for Usami. 500.000€ for the loan now 2.75 mils for the release clause

24. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
  25. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    http://kr.sports.yahoo.com/news/golf/view?aid=20120118044434558e5

Now, link above is obviously in Korean and many probably wouldn't understand the article. I just posted a link to the source so this is not coming of my ass. Chong-Sung Lee (tadanari) made some comments during his farewell press conference that did not sit well with japanese football fans. From the article lee said, 'Park jisung is playing well in EPL but there's no Japanese striker who fared well in Europe ever. I'll play football not as Japanese, but rather as an Asian striker.'

And comments like that did not sit well Japanese netizens like in 2ch. Now, this can misinterpreted from our media so I just want to share the article I just read and see if it's true on any level or not.

Btw, I hope lee does awesome in europe