2011/12 Home/Away Jersey

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by jolieandbecks, Mar 29, 2011.

1. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Nike is bored.

[​IMG]

2. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody looks good in horizontal stripes. Nobody. Not Morgan, not Rapinoe, not Dempsey. These are hideous uniforms and by comparison, make the nurse look appear classy.

Maybe they should let the fans vote next time.

3. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    who's the guy in the picture? i don't watch the mls.

if that's the olympic uniforms, i hope France destroys them. Nothing was wrong with the current uniforms.

4. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    who's the guy in the picture? i don't watch the mls.

if that's the olympic uniforms, i hope France destroys them. i had enough of michael phelps flag waving the last olympics. Nothing was wrong with the current uniforms.

5. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's Clint Dempsey. He doesn't play in MLS. He plays for Fulham in the English Premier League. He's had a great season and transfers to stronger EPL teams are rumored.

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I assumed the comment was another bad joke/attempt at trolling.

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Once when there was a fan vote for the WPS All Star team, Heather Mitts got top votes despite having a season that could easily be categorised as worse than poor. The popular vote can't be trusted, I venture to claim. I can't help but surmise that an open vote on kit design would suggest putting the women's team in something akin to beach volleyball uniforms.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  8. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must spread rep before giving any more to Smu. :(

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, ain't that the truth. If left to the general public, the uniform Alex Morgan wore for her SI shoot would be considered the height of aesthetics and sporting function for all women's sports :rolleyes:

The U.S. men fluke one result back when they had absolutely no identity of their own, lets say borrowing ;) the times iconic sash design feature for their own shirts, and people still believe this represents the best of U.S. soccer in 2012?

The USSF isn't like the FFF, the KNVB, or any other long established successful football association, so why should the U.S. national teams continue to look like somebody else, something stupid, or nobody at all?

Even with the men's nervous to hold on to history sash still hanging on for dear life, for the first time in a very long time, I personally feel this new kit actually say's USA well for both women's and men's programs.

10. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Absolutely Ghastly!

Who the He-- chose this monstrosity? Whoever it is, they certainly have no feel for international perceptions of the US.

This kit achieves the dual effect of insulting the rest of the soccer playing world by waiving the American flag under their noses while, at the same time, making US players look like escaped convicts in their prison uniforms.

Extremely unflattering! Horizontal stripes????

I hope that the players rebel!

11. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we have to have horizontal stripes maybe it should at least be horizontal stripes that are recognizably American in character.

[​IMG]

Nike misses again!

12. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    These jerseys remind me of rugby uniforms.

13. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm pretty sure that has been done.

14. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    actually, it wasn't. i don't watch the mls. outside of donovan, becks and henry, i can't name another player in the league, hope this helps.

sorry, i remember altidore since he couldn't finish anything in the last world cup. oh yes, freddie adu.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If the USSF really wanted to piss people off, the new uniform would look like military camouflage fatigues, but even without the help of any real specific identity, their already known for being Americans trying to play high level international soccer, and to many football loving people around the globe, that's far more insulting than any one uniform they choose to wear ;).

Seriously though, the women have been nothing more than a series of weak marketing exercises, while a single land that time forgot result still has the men forever looking desperate in out dated hand me downs.

The American flag is one of the few things both programs, and every American, can easily identify with, but people then complain when it's finally used again to represent and elevate the one team all American's can support, lol. Does anybody remember the home and away uniforms worn in '94?

And "recognizably American in character" would be the kind of stripes you can't see, combined with the all over one colour look of another more successful nation? Yeah, we should look like France, no we should look like Holland, hey why don't we just use the vertical blue stripes of Argentina or an exact clone of the clean white look of England :rolleyes:

Yeah, because the men's last kit had nothing to do with Polo or Rowing :rolleyes:. In many nations Rugby and Football come from the same tradition, so some crossover will always be there.

16. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    They could have always chosen to go with something more transparent.

[​IMG]

Or just have the team play in something that gives them more thigh room.
    [​IMG]

DeigoRedD repped this.
  17. soccersarah

soccersarah Member

Oct 23, 2002
    While I don't love the new uniforms, I think they are better than the gold uniforms from 2007.

18. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    As a friendly reminder, everyone has the ability to add users who are not mods to their ignore list.

19. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    I think you just made my day, sitruc. So does ignoring someone mean their posts won't appear on the threads when we view them? Not that I have anyone specific in mind...

20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    You will only see their posts if they are quoted.

21. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So apparently we can't order a women's "Waldo" shirt right now since I just checked the US soccer website and they only have the men's shirts available.

22. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    It will only be available in July.

23. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008

Man, I didn't know Fox Soccer Channel had their own off-site employee club football team.

[​IMG]

24. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Brilliant. Have the men's jersey ready for their down cycle, and delay the availability of the women's jersey's availability until too late for what will be the biggest event for them in the next three years.

25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I wonder how many women's jerseys are sold in a year compared to men's jerseys. I was surprised by how many new men's jerseys I've seen at the friendlies and qualifiers.