(2011.01.25) AFC Asian Cup SF: Japan x S.Korea [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by AmericanKaka, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    congrats on the win...your lucky the koreans fukd up the pks. ref made horrible calls both ways, but you got to admit, the important calls like the non pk on park ji sung and the pk that was supposed to be a fk...ugh....

anyway, a draw would have been the fair result which it was and the pks at the end..well you clearly deserved that...

if australia make it to the finals please beat them.

if uzbekistan make it...a big IF....then go uzbek!!!!! :)

2. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    i'm jealous of your white coach...i wish we had one....

3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kawashima is the new Kawaguchi!

4. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Congrats guys. Cracker of a match.

5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I knew he was going to do something stupid, but I didn't think it could be that disastrous. It was like he was trying to show off during one of the most important matches.
    Its kind of ironic, when you think the Hasebe injury wasted time in favor of Japan, but it ends up working in Korea's favor. I would rather them keep with putting Lee on, which was the plan until the Hasebe went down.

6. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    it didn't work out for korea at all in extra time...korea was always the more likely to score in extra time. japan should have clearly won it in the first half, but not the rest of the match...

hasabe's time wasting killed off 2 mins the ref didn't count for at the end.

7. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    anyway, don't want to leave on a sour note, so congrats on playing football the way football should be played.

8. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Taking no.10 out is the Korean coach biggest mistake I suppose.
    If he wants to let this young striker in, at least sub for Lee chung young, not their target man who worked extremely well for them.
    After 20' dominating of 1st half I though Japan would destroy Korea in 2nd half. But Kagawa decided to waste some clear chance from 45-50' by holding the ball too long, and Korea came back when their no.10 gave them lots of possession and FKs.

And I can't understand the way Japan defended when they were 1 goal up. It was "standing in the box as many as possible", not defending.

And please don't f*ck up in the final.

9. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Congrats guys!! :)

And now please win the final!

10. ISUSucks

ISUSucks New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Japan
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Another bullshit calls from the ref... well, at least just like the Syria game they gave us back something that they should have not taken away from us...Overall I'm happy with Japan's performance today except for the last 15 minutes of killing time and not doing so properly but the ref.... For God's sake, AFC really need to do something with them. It looks like Aussies are all the way to the final and should be an interesting match. I predict 3-2 for Japan:D

11. splashadoodles

splashadoodles New Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Whats the status on Hasebe's injury?

12. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hey guys. Congratulations on the tough win. You deserved it. JNT was better in every way. We were slow putting pressure and japan's defense was rock solid. Officiating was a joke. And we were very happy just to make it penalties.**

JNT played inspired football and kawashima was rock on the penalties. All the kudos to you and to our national team as well. We played our hearts out there and there won't be any more complaining from me.

2007 we won on penalties and 2011 you win vice versa. **This one hurts more. But congratulations again to japan.

And in true Korean fashion, I hope you lose in the finals.

13. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    You guys were pretty good in the second half.
    Excrutiating game to watch though.
    And hahah at the last sentence.

14. Baek Doo San

Baek Doo San Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Congratulation to Japan, you guys played very well and Korea had few lucky moments during the period Japan dominated. Looking at it Japan seems to have bright future. From looking at this match the rivalry in next few years will be amazing.
    I would like to wish you guys good luck, but man I just can't bring myself to say it.

15. the_14th_redneck

the_14th_redneck New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Japan played very well and it was an exciting match. I am glad that we are both worthy adversaries and hope both teams continue to be THE force in football in Asia and eventually in the world.

Good luck in the final!

16. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The book soccernomics shows that coaches from Western Europe are the best in getting teams to play better, you guys should go get another one from Hiddink land.

17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Holy sh!t that was amazing...... just did the duel-semis, got a lift with a random qatari to Khalifa Stadium for Australia's game (got there at HT).

Great game to watch so much emotion. Pity we conceded that second goal I thought the defence did a good job til then and 2 goals against doesn't help that statement.

1st half Japan were very very good. 2nd half Korea started to pick it up but tbh in the 2nd no side really looked like scoring too much.

Shouldn't read too much into Australia's 6-0..... should be said Uzbekistan were truly terrible. After HT they were just an absolute disaster to watch. Like seeing someone falling down stairs. Australia's chances always seem like counter-attacks mainly (with a few exceptions ofcourse).

We will hold the majority of possession like usual against them. Their front-men are Cahill & Kewell. I REALLY hope Zac considers keeping with Iwamasa-Konno combo in the final.

I remember a while ago somebody said Nagatomo would make Cha Du Ri his bitch. Maybe not that but Nagatomo had the better of the left side by far.

SOOO glad the 'Haniljeon' I saw live was this one.

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Lol just noticed Ki Sung-young makes the "monkey" celebration at 3:31 :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0FR50-fJK8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]YouTube - ???????????????×??[/ame]

Ki Sung-young, respect -1000.

19. fiercejoy

fiercejoy Member

Jul 1, 2010
    well, we weren't happy about this either. (see bs korea forum.) ki's got some growing up to do.

congrats, bro. best wishes in the final.

20. Utd16

Utd16 Member

May 24, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hope you are being sarcastic...

21. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I apologize on Ki's behalf. One speculated reason on why he did that is because he was angry with the Japanese supporters putting up the Imperial Rising Sun flag (your current Navy flag) which is kind of a sensitive issue with us, but that definitely does not justify him for acting the way he did. Incredibly immature. I would have thought that he would have known a thing or two about not doing that after receiving all those racial profanities playing in Scotland. And trust me when I say that people in Korea weren't too pleased with that celebration either.

22. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Unbelievable. I've never been so glad to be wrong.

Redemption Watch:
    Kawashima: Yes!
    Maeda: Yes!
    Honda: Yes! Stop taking PKs though!

Needing Redemption:
    Yoshida: I sincerely hope Zac doesn't give him a chance at it in the final
    T. Honda: May he never wear our shirt again
    Zac: Disastrous subbing and managing of the tactical situation

Bitch Watch:
    I have to say, this match raised my opinion of Cha Duri. Nagatomo had him bamboozled completely for a long time, but Cha grew in influence later in the match. By the end it was like watching two sluggers trading haymakers.
    If Milan or Juve signed these two guys as their sidebacks, it would immensely improve their teams. Antonini, Traore, Motta and the other losers that they have been trotting out in these positions are about 1/10th the ability of Asia's two best sidebacks.
    Uchida also had his inspired moments, but a few bad ones too.

23. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Thanks alot Japan

I was depressed while taking my finals today. :(

*points gun on head*

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Man ... As usual you're overreacting. After the last games, Maeda and Kawashima should have been killed according to you. That was a moronic tackle but it happens.

Still, I agree with you statement about Zach. He's not trying to win games and that is frustrating.

25. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Congrats on your win guys. The match went back and forth from heaven to hell. It seems the iran match had taken its toll and some of our players were gassed out in extra time. A lot of controversial calls both way but in the end you guys deserved to win after our indecisive penalties. In the end, this match truly showed how much young talent both teams have. I hope we will bring each other to new heights (similar to Brazil and Argentina.)

I hope you guys beat the Aussies cause its ridiculous that some people think the Aussies are the favorites.

You guys said your goal keeper was bad lol. He did a good job.