(2011.01.13) AFC Asian Cup: Syria x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by shuvy87, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyhawk

Skyhawk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: (01.13.11) AFC Asian Cup: Syria vs. Japan [R]

Sorry for the super lateness, but that was such an epic match!

Matusi played well, and now I'm convinced Maeda should GTFO! Now ready for Saudi!

Here's to Hosogai, Fujimoto, and Lee!

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

Proof it was the Syrian player who touched the ball last :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDqIPi8pjWE&feature=sub"]YouTube - ????????????????????[/ame]

Almost impossible to see live but at last, we know the truth.
    And the more I see our PK, the more I think it was legit. I would have had not problem if the referee hadn't call it. But there was a foul.

3. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

It came off an obvious white boot on the other angles. But because it's so clear now, I'm even more pissed off.
    Props to that show for the footage. I knew my eyes didn't deceive me.

4. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

I bet those syrians wont be able to say anything now. I know Konno didnt touch the ball... cause there is not even a slight change of direction with the ball... and also from any other comments, it make sense only in gulf country football that a defender would be able to do such a back pass

5. byunboy2

byunboy2 New Member

Jul 26, 2010

Does this mean anything though? I mean Kawashima is still banned.

6. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

Red card is still a red card...

Kawashima will be lucky to only get 1 suspension... right AKITOD? :)

7. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006

Matsu, you understand that all this confederation rejiggering would require FIFA approval right, not just AFC? The same FIFA that Japan could not even manage to force to allow Japan host a world cup it had ALREADY WON THE RIGHT TO HOST?!? Japan got politically pimp-slapped in FIFA dealings by a smaller, poorer bitchy little country IN OUR OWN WORTHLESS CONFEDERATION. And yet you think we have four aces to play against real powerbrokers like the Qataris? Jack Warner would eat the JFA for breakfast and pick his teeth with their bones without even having to adjust his usual morning bribe-collecting rounds.

8. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001

WTF are you talking about?
    If you mean the 2002 World Cup, that was awarded jointly to Japan and Korea. It was NEVER awarded to Japan alone.

Prior to the final decision Japan was the favourite, but there were strong forces (mainly Europeans) that opposed letting a country that never qualified for the WC before to host. Korea did do a good job of playing those objections and boosting its own chances. But at the end of the day, if anyone is to blame for the fact that Korea got half of the 2002 WC it is the guys who allowed a late goal to Iraq, in 1993, so that at the time the awarding decision was made, Japan had never qualified for a World Cup on its own merits.

Even your own comments make it clear that you think money talks. Well, go look up the budget for the AFC and see who pays the biggest share. If even 5% of that contribution found its way into Sepp Blatter's pocket, Japan could have anything it asked for. If you dont concede that as a cast-iron fact, then youre just contradicting your own points.

9. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
  10. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006

Yes, but there is no way the JFA has the nous to get that money into Blatter's pocket (which really is a constellation of pockets for his whole coalition of third-world votes) and even if they could, to do the smoke-filled room stuff to make sure he "stays bought." Any transparent, modern country is at an insuperable disadvantage with their pesky free presses and money laundering regulations and such, compared to the Qatars and Russias of the world. Much less a profoundly incompetent federation from a country perceived as peripheral to global football.

11. JFA.mania

JFA.mania Member

Dec 19, 2010

I think the bottom line is most of us (Matsu and AmericanKaka) are all agree, saying that logically speaking, this AFC should be separated into two different confederation. It does not make any sense as it is waay faar too big.

someone started the thread today regarding to this issue
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1636445