2010 WCQ: Group C: CR-ES-Hai-Sur[r]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by MoRado, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Maybe you should learn to read before you post a response on behalf of someone else. :eek: Pace8 is full of crap and all he does is make excuses for Haiti's failures each and everytime. Now next time dont stick your nose in something that doesnt concern you.;)

2. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Haiti wasnt prepared? :confused: Then I can say the same thing about Jamaica because we had a TD that did more harm than good but I wont make an excuse although truth be told had Simoes select the best players Jamaica probably wouldnt be in the situation we're in today. The fact is that ja2ny is right. Always some excuses. The coach didnt call the best players, poor organisation in Haiti's Federation, not enough money. Give me a F**king break!!!You clowns had just as much time to prepare as any other team in Concacaf region. What it boils down to is that Haiti sucks just admit it and stop blaming everyone and everything else for your failures. Look in the mirror chump.;)

3. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Lol you think you own this forum? Hahaha how many times do I have to tell you that this is just the internet..its not that serious...its not real life. You seem to take things too personal...just chill a bit lol

4. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Question for you...what did you say when Jamaica lost badly in Asia not too long ago? When you were ''absent'' from the forum for months...when you came back what did you say. Do you remember? I remember excuses excuses excuses. Haiti wasn't prepared and other teams were and thats the end of that. You are reenforcing what I've been saying. Haiti had time to prepare, but didnt. Who's fault is that? Our fault of course lol How complicated is it to understand? Money of course was an issue again. Id like to see both T&T and Jamaica prepare a team with a budget of under 10 000$ a month.... ( obviously you wont adress that part).

Btw...what is Jamaica's annual budget?

5. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

Why dont you go back and read what I said then. That was almost 2 years ago that Jamaica sent an U-23 team yes it was an under 23 team on that tour to the far East? What is your point? If it was the Senior squad then I could give you some credibility but it wasnt. Again that's almost 2 yrs ago but we're talking present day football. Youre back to the excuses. That's exactly what the Canadians do each cycle they get eliminated in the semi-final round. :rolleyes: Dont give me that crap that Haiti didnt prepare. You had friendlies months before in buildup to the WCQ's. In 2008, you played T&T 2 times, El Salvador, Guatemala, Ecuador, Venezuela. Seems like pretty good preparation to me. :confused: Not to mention the fact that you've had Digicel as your sponsor since fall of 2006, so what are you talking about as far as money is concerned? Another bunch of bs by a Haitian who will point the finger elsewhere to validate losing.:D

6. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Lol...every time you make a post you lose credibility. 1st, Digicel has been sponsoring Haiti since 2006...theyg ive us 10 000$ a month. What other sources of revenue do we have? NONE. 10 000$ a month. Not only for the senior team. That is the money we have for the u15s, u17s, u-20s, u23s, female teams and the senior squad. Now again Haiti did not prepare well before WCQ. Yes we played friendlies....the reality is that the teams that we aligned for those friendlies are not the same teams that played the WCQ. The federation has no idea how to prepare a team and even if they knew how, they would not have the financial ressources to do so. Now you dodged the question ( like i said you would). What is the budget of the Jamaican national team? How about T&T?

7. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't lose something you never had...

8. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    So let me get this straight. What you're saying is that even if Haiti were to fully prepare, manage the team perfectly, and do everything right, they still wouldn't be able to accomplish anything?

9. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    You seem to like talking about present day football, yet when you (and most of the other Jamaicans) talk about El Salvador you always seem to mention our performances in the 1970 and 1982 World Cups. :confused:

Matches from 2 years ago have more significance than those from over two decades ago don't you think? In saying that though, i do agree that although those matches can't be forgotten (those from two years ago), it has little to do with how your team is performing right now.

El Salvador for example is currently playing differently then they were last November when we played Jamaica and lost 3-0. We've changed both tactically and player wise, as 4 starters from that game don't even play with us anymore, and neither do the 2 of the subs that we used. We also don't play with the same experimental formation that we played in that game either.

IMO, ever since the Anguilla game, we have begun to play a little better. Since then our only truely bad game was the 3-1 defeat to Trinidad in August, that was tied at 1-1 before we had our caption sent off (same caption that was sent off in the 3-0 loss to Jamaica to by the way). Playing a man down, we lost focus and played horribly and Trinidad won the game. Apart from that game, we haven't had any huge dissapointments. Of course we've played badly, like in the game WCQ away legs v Haiti and Suriname and the second half of our 2-2 game with China but overall we've gone ok.

Anyway, just thought i'd put that out there, even though it has little to do with the thread. :rolleyes:

Also any talk of Haiti's failure to qualify should probably go in the "Reasons why Haiti fail" thread rather than this one. Cause at the moment this is getting a little off topic.

10. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

So now you only get $10K per month from Digicel huh? Where exactly is it stated that you only receive that amount? Digicel and Haiti's federation signed a multimillion dollar sponsporship deal so your argument of only receiving $10,000US per month is a bunch of BS.;)

Here see for yourself

http://www.yardflex.com/archives/000350.html

March 15, 2006
    Digicel Announces Sponsorship of The Haitian Football Federation
    Partnership Marks Largest Ever Corporate Investment in Haitian Sport, Set to Grow Haitian Football to its True Potential

March 13, 2006 - Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Digicel, the fastest growing mobile telecommunications operator in the Caribbean set to transform wireless communication services in Haiti, has announced an unprecedented multi-million sponsorship agreement with the Haitian Football Federation (HFF) designed to grow Haitian football to its true potential.

Digicel's initial four-year partnership with the HFF comes in advance of the company's imminent launch in Haiti and represents the most significant single corporate investment ever made in Haitian sport. Digicel is the largest official sponsor of all time of the National League and one of the largest ever official sponsors of the Haitian National Football Team.

Speaking at the recent gala ceremony in Port Au Prince, Haiti, to mark the partnership between Digicel and the Haitian Football Federation; the Haitian Secretary of State for Youth, Sports and Civil Services, Paul Berne said: "Digicel's unprecedented investment in Haitian football marks a new era for the HFF and a very positive development for Haiti. The company's passion for delivering innovative technology and providing superior mobile phone services has earned Digicel phenomenal success over the past five years. We are confident that with this passion, Digicel are the right partners to help grow Haitian football to its true potential. We welcome Digicel's participation in the Haitian community and look forward to a long and rewarding relationship".

Thanks to the partnership with Digicel, 16 football teams from across the country will begin competing in Les Championnats de Digicel Division 1 involving over 550 football players, 40 referees, and naturally the many fans who will come out to support their local clubs. Digicel's investment will allow the nation’s top players to compete on a regular basis.

The announcement also ensures that football fans all over Haiti will again get the chance to see regular first-class football action at many of the top venues in the nation. Furthermore, Digicel is also supplying footballs and new playing kit to all league teams and referees as well as providing additional support and training equipment to the Haitian Football Federation for the National Senior Team.

According to Digicel Haiti CEO, Ghada Gebara, "Digicel takes enormous pride in becoming the official main sponsor of Haitian football. From the onset of being awarded a license in Haiti we expressed our commitment to make an important contribution to the growth and development of Haiti economically and socially. Football is the passion of the nation. We hope that our involvement in Haitian football will not only encourage more great performances and foster future football legends but also play a part in bringing about positive change and development."

Ms. Gebara pointed out that Digicel will be looking at ways to make football in Haiti more interactive "through our technology bringing fans closer to the game and to their football heroes. We are very excited about launching in Haiti and greatly enthused by the warm welcome we have been receiving from the people of this nation".

Digicel, which was awarded a GSM license to operate in Haiti in June 2005, is committed to rolling out services as soon as possible, offering innovative, reliable and accessible mobile services, set to transform the mobile telecommunications market and spur economic development.

With investments in the region at US$1 billion, Digicel operates in 15 countries across the Caribbean and employs over 1500 people, 92% of whom are Caribbean nationals.

About Digicel

Since its launch in 2001, Digicel has become the fastest growing wireless telecommunications operator in the Caribbean. In five years, Digicel has become renowned for competitive rates, unbeatable coverage, superior customer care, a wide variety of products and services, and state-of-the-art handsets. It is the largest GSM operator in the region.

By offering innovative wireless services and community support, Digicel has become a leading brand in the Caribbean and has placed the region at the cutting edge of wireless communications.

Digicel is incorporated in Bermuda and has operations in fifteen countries including Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Curaçao, The Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad & Tobago. Digicel intends to expand to Martinique, Guadeloupe and French Guiana with the acquisition of Bouygues Telecom Caraibe, subject to all the appropriate and necessary approvals.

The company is the lead sponsor of Caribbean sports teams including the West Indies Cricket Team, Special Olympics teams across the Caribbean and is title sponsor of the Digicel Caribbean Football Union Cup, which involves over 30 Caribbean countries and is an important qualifier towards the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more information on Digicel

Btw..The roster Haiti used in the friendly matches arent that much different to the ones Haiti used in WCQ.:eek:

11. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Spoken like a true chump.;)

12. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jimaica and tobago suck

13. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Go back and read my post. I said they had ample preparation in a buildup to the qualifiers and still failed because they werent good enough at this level. They even struggled before the semifinal round got started. The writing was on the wall.;)

It took a Netherland Antilles own goal for Haiti to advance to the semifinal round over two legs. What does that tell you?:eek:

14. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia
    Yet they better than your crap team that never won an UNCAF title. Go figure.:D

15. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uncaaf sucks

16. Jorgito

Jorgito Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Los angeles, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    por favor plise jimaica y tobago =double team?

17. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

18. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

how bout posting in english. Maybe i'll take you seriously after that.;)

19. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    It was a 1 million dollar deal for 4 years.....which is just a little over 20 000$ a month...and in that 20 000...10 000$ goes to the national team program and the rest goes to league play. Thats why all the teams from the national league wear jerseys with the Digicel name on it. Again...you failed to answer my question lol...for the 3rd time...what is Jamaica's budget? What about T&T?......If you dont know just say so...dont keep avoiding the question.....you keep losing credibility lol

20. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Actually, i think your the one that's got it wrong. I know that you said the team that got smash in Asia was an U-23 side and that's all well and good, but then your the one that brought TIME into the discussion. Your the one that said it was in the past and that you want to talk about the present. So in saying that, i believe that does give my responce some relevance as past WC performaces (especially those from 2 decades ago) have little/nothing to do with what is going on right now.

In that case, does that mean we can't discuss any of El Salvador's past WCQ efforts, as 95% of the team was different at that time too, and under different management?

Okay so if a result that's almost 12 months old can help you gauge what our team is like today, then what would you have said to those experts commenting on Jamaica after your first 3 WCQ this cycle when you had one draw,two losses, 6 goals against and 1 goal for? As those results were so recent, wouldn't they have been more relevent to Jamaica's progress then say a win over El Salvador last year? Would those 3 matches have made you think that Jamaica was no good, and an easy beat? I doubt it. I know i didn't count you out, because i know that no one can win every game. Look at you know; you beat Mexico and Honduras and your in with a chance to go to the Hex. Albeit depending on someone elses result, but none the less, you've proven the doubters wrong. Now if you've managed to make such a dramatic turnaround in the span of 1-2 months then why couldn't El Salvador do it when they've had 12? Please try and be unbiased here and give me an intelligent responce.

As for the 3-1 against Trinidad, we'll i gave my opinions on that in my pervious post. Maybe you need to read it again, cause by the sounds of it you must have missed it. Maybe read it slowly this time. No need to rush, just take it all in and then reply, that way you'll save me the hassle of re-posting the same opinions over and over again.

I agree that was a game we should have won, but your wrong in saying that we played that game with a full squad; because even though i'll admit that the majority of that team is the same as what it is now, there were a couple of players who started that game that now find it difficult to even get game time off the bench. Apart from that, two players recieved their first and second caps in this game. And although i know that one player doesn't make a team, we were missing our MVP (Quintanilla). Who although doesn't make the team like i said, does contributes a lot. So much so that we play completly different with him then without him.

As for the second half of your post were you say that we'll get destroyed in the Hex and crack under pressure, well i have nothing to say to that. That's your opinion and your entitled to it ;).

21. Warlord

Warlord New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    District of Columbia

You seriously need to learn how to read. The article said MULTI-Million dollar sponsorship deal. Multi million dollar means in excess of a million dollars son. For once stop talking out of your ass and use your brain!:eek:

Now if you can show me proof (documents)where Digicel pays your federation only 10K per month I will gladly say I was wrong. Until then its just another pathetic excuse to mask your failures.;)

Oh and since you know the football budgets of both Jamaica and T&T why dont you tell us. I didnt know either federation gave you access to review their books.

22. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.

Your team is going to pay for that statement you made.

23. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Albeit depending on someone elses result, but none the less, you've proven the doubters wrong. Now if you've managed to make such a dramatic turnaround in the span of 1-2 months then why couldn't El Salvador do it when they've had 12? Please try and be unbiased here and give me an intelligent responce.

It's simple the quality of opponents you guys played in your group is nowhere close to the opponents in Jamaica's group. Also we have some players playing in the top football leagues in the world,where they play againts most of the top players in the world. Bottom line better quality:cool:

24. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Lolll...I doubt you can read french but here is an article from DIGICEL'S WEBSITE that clearely says 1 million dollars.

http://www.digicelhaiti.net/about/article.php?aid=1833&pn=in_the_media&ref_page=about

La Digicel Football
    Cliquez sur l'image pour l'aggrandir

Digicel: DIRECT… DIRECT

Ce jeudi 9 mars 2006, la Digicel organisait sa première activité officielle au Karibe Convention Center. On l’annonçait, nous l’attendions TOUS, et ce jeudi, la Digicel a mis fin à cette attente.

C’est en présence de plusieurs membres du gouvernement et de la presse que la Digicel a lancé son opération de collaboration avec la Fédération Haïtienne de Football. C’est avec un chèque de plus d’un million de dollars américains que la Digicel a entamé cette relation, devenant du même coup avec ce contrat de quatre ans, le sponsor officiel du Football Haïtien.

La Directrice Générale de la Digicel, madame Ghada Gebara, a profité de l’occasion ce jour là, pour rappeler à ses différents invités que dans tous les pays où s’était installée la compagnie, elle s’était impliquée dans le développement de la culture et du sport. De son côté, le Président de la Fédération Haïtienne de Football, monsieur Yves Jean-Bart, a applaudit ce grand geste, tout en exprimant que d’après lui, c’est ce type d’investissement qui manque au Football de ce pays qui ne manque pas de talent.

La Digicel voulait marquer sa présence dans la communauté, c’est pourquoi elle a choisie de le faire par le Football, un sport où tous les haïtiens se reconnaissent.

Aujourd’hui, pour qu’un pays puisse s’imposer dans le Football, il lui faut allier talent et gros sous, c’est l’une des raisons pour laquelle la Digicel s’est alliée à la Fédération Haïtienne de Football. Notre football se battra pour voir si il retrouvera sa place sur la scène internationale. Tout le pays attend ce grand moment.

La Digicel a offert un million de dollars à la Fédération Haïtienne de Football, elle souhaite que ce million là, redonnera espoir aux 8 millions de fans du Football Haïtien.

You dont need to know french to know that UN MILLION means one million lol
    Again, you keep losing credibility after every post you make. Now just say that you dont know what Jamaica's budget is lol Stop beating around the bush...its just a forum don't take it too seriously!

25. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Btw, Warlord did not know the annual budget of the jamaican football federation....I made a simple research and found this.

http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache...ican+football+budget&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=ca

The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) is reporting a gross profit of $30 million from the friendly international against Costa Rica, staged last Wednesday at the National Stadium.

The preliminary figures released include ticket sales, sponsorship and broadcast rights. However, the JFF is still awaiting returns from three ticket outlets, as well as returns from corporate sales, to finalise its receivables.

It projects a net surplus of $12.2 million, which is inclusive of game sponsorship from Jamaica Money Market Brokers (JMMB). This, the JFF indicates, will assist the administration to offset monies relating to their recently announced 2008-10 budget of $1.3 billion and current liabilities inherited from the previous administration of $105 million.

Expenses

According to the release, preliminary net expenses from the event totaled $17.8m and includes $6.9m in expenses directly relating to the Reggae Boyz. These expenses include
    air tickets totalling $2.4m, hotel accommodation and meals amassing $2.3m and incentives and fees of $2.2m.

The release further indicated that expenses relating to the Costa Rican team, including air tickets, match fees and hotel accommodation and meals, totalled $6.5 million. Other match expenses relating to match officials, security and gate operations, ticket sales, entertainment, printing of tickets, hospitality, advertising and promotions and stadium
    rental fees, amounted to $4.4 million.

So 1.3 billion in jamaican dollars....which is close to 18 million US.....so there you go.