2010 J. League Transfers & Off-the-field News

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by Red Orca, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Orca

Red Orca New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Kansai
    Club:
    Nagoya Grampus
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Happy New Year everybody.

I have to agree that I am not convinced about this move, but it does give Keisuke a chance to play in the Champions League.

We should also remember that CSKA were willing to pay close to the transfer fee VVV were demanding. This is what prevented a move within Holland before the season began. Unlike then, VVV will have been keen to encourage Honda to leave, rather than wait for him to go on a free transfer after his contract expires at the end of the season. ;)

2. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Honda: It's a strange move to start into the WC-year as the Russian Premier League is rather less in the focus, and it is highly speculative to count on more than 2 Champions League matches.

From another standpoint, it is interesting that the coach changed since summer with Juande Ramos fired and they still want him, apparently somebody likes him there...

3. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Bando to Cerezo, the world's worst kept secret, should be made official soon.

4. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    IMHO: disgusting :eek:
    Same-town teams should never trade players.
    Then again, only MHO

5. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    So he likes to be a playmaker for the team? We do have a playmaker, Alan Dzagoev, but in a good team there have to be several players who can control the game. I think that he will be given such tasks that he will be able to do and he will not hate them.

And we are buying him as a central midfielder but in modern football players do exchange theirs positions a lot so the fact that he have experience on wings can be very helpful. It also gives an additional cover in cases of injuries and so on.

To be honest, I was thinking something like that when writing the first post but at my second post I was genuinely interested in your opinion when you've said that you think that Honda's style does not fitting into CSKA.

I've heard that Keisuke does not play only on the clear balls and is not afraid of physical fights. It makes him a good material for future English PL player, and I'd say that the Russian league is the closest to EPL on this aspect of the football (maybe competing with Bundesliga).
    I cannot agree with you that the move is not "up" for Keisuke. He moves from a team which is in the bottom part of the Holland league and does not plays in European cups to a team which every year plays in CL or EL, one of the leaders in strong in competitive league (which is stronger than Eredivisie at last years). And it looks that he thinks the same because he will not rather move if it was not a move "up" for him.

Ramos came to CSKA only in September btw. I'd say that it was CSKA scouting department who have found and advised on Honda and every good coach is able to see a good player when he is presented such. Honda is fitting perfectly to the club policy of signing only players not older than 23 in general and not older than 25 if buying an established player for the first team.

6. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I think SamuraiBlue is spot on when he said that Honda needs to play on a team that fits him and everything has to be cycled through him.

I agree that its better when there are more players that can control the game but at least for now, it really isn't the case with Honda. He is a selfish player. By selfish, I don't mean he dribbles all the time and never passes because he's not like that at all. It is more like he wants the glory rather than working hard for the team. Do not expect him to defend too much and give balance to you team. This has also been said before but he isn't good on the wing nor is he box to box. He is at his best when he is right behind the striker.

You are right on the second part. He is one of the rare players from Japan that has a fight in them. I can only think of Tulio and Hasebe like this. Maybe Nakamura too. He will get stuck in and is not afraid of making mistakes or trying something.

I actually think this is a good move for him (maybe not in terms of timing). It can really be a defining moment in his career. If he can learn to play with other stars such as Dzagoev and Krasic, it will make him that much better and dangerous because the potential is definitly there. I also rate the Russian League highly and teams like CSKA, Rubin, Zenit, Locomotiv, and Sparta can compete with the big teams in Holland.

Is CSKA in any sort of European competition next year? I heard they aren't in Champions League for next season.

7. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    CSKA will enter 3rd qualifying round of UEFA Euro League next season (2010/2011) as they only finished 5th in the league.

8. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yoshida and Bando settled, but quite a few "big names" still seem to be in limbo. Three players who left Kyoto (Yuto Sato, Hayashi and Sidiclei) still haven't found a team, for example.
    Oguro too will move, Murai (cut from Jubilo) still seems a good asset, and I wonder if Kisho Yano will finally leave Albirex as he seemingly requested.
    Trinita has already lost a lot of players, but I wonder if all the big guns at Reysol and JEF will stay in Chiba or move elsewhere.

9. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A special note about Takenori Hayashi. When Sanga was relegated in 2006 (also thanks to him scoring ONE goal in total that season--thanks!!), he categorically refused to play J2. So he was parked at Jubilo. He returned to Sanga in 2008, and he granted us TWO more J1 goals in the following seasons.

Now, I wonder if somebody in J1 will be so crazy to pay him a salary in 2010, or if he finally, at 29, will play at his level, which is J2, if not JFL. As a matter of fact, this season he scored against just about any non-professional team we played in scrimmages or Emperor's Cup.

Farewell!!

[​IMG]

10. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://blog.reysol.co.jp/news/2009/12/2010_3.html

Kashiwa have signed 20 so far.....Otsu and Sugeno are on the list but Fransa and Suganuma are not. I'm really hoping Jang pulls his head out and makes real push for Suganuma.

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Franca has basically said that he'll go wherever they pay him more.

12. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kagawa will stay at Cerezo on more year. Official.

13. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I haven't seen any information regarding this, and I'm assuming this is a better place than any for this question, so...

When will the draw be for the 2010 season fixtures?

I'm back in less than 3 months, so I wouldn't mind having an idea of what's available.

14. dokool

dokool Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    FC Tokyo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It came fairly late in '09... I wanna say early February or so? It came so late that FC Tokyo didn't have time to print out the times for the games on the first batch of season tickets.

However given the 2-month World Cup break I imagine J.League has already worked around the clock to get the fixtures ready so maybe we get it earlier.

15. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes it was released February 6th 2009

16. furtho

furtho Member

Nov 19, 2004
    The season will commence on 6th March and will finish on 4th December. After round 12 on 15/16 May, J1 will break for a period of two months for the World Cup finals; J2 will have a one month break from round 17 on 12/13 June.

It may be handy to know the dates of the Nabisco Cup group games, which are as follows (each team playing six out of the seven options):

31 Mar
    14 Apr
    22 May
    26 May
    29/30 May
    05/06 Jun
    09 Jun

17. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    Katayama moves from Gifu to Mito, which might have meant something to either team 2 years ago.

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  19. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Couldn't see this anywhere; Urawa's Junki Koike has moved to Mito Hollyhock.

I always liked Junki, though he didn't play much for the Reds. Wish him all the best.

20. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sanfrecce's free agent Ri Han-Jae to Consadole Sapporo.

21. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
    What are some good points of him? I thought he was all right with Kusatsu last year but I didn't really focus. Any chance he's close to a level of being a replacement for Takasaki?

22. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  23. Hermes

Hermes Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Kobe
    Club:
    Vissel Kobe
  24. zappin

zappin Member

Jul 4, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  25. connz17

connz17 New Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    me and you both! i'm very pissed off about some of the guys leaving, but this one i never saw coming.

and i will get to see my old mate popo next time i'm in kobe. interesting.