2010/11 NHL Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by KensingtonSC, Oct 7, 2010.

1. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was that? (I was switching back and forth between the Hawks game, MNF, and Yankees-Rangers so I may have missed it)

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hawks were down 2-1 with something like 3 minutes to play. Erik Johnson and I believe Patrick Sharp went behind the net to get the puck. Sharp's stick got tangled in Halak's glove and as Sharp skated away, he dragged Halak with him. AT full speed it looked like Halak grabbed his stick and held on for a ride, but the replay show that the stick actually got caught up in his glove and that he was just stuck there. Hawks scored on the powerplay 2-2.

3. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Still unbeaten in regulation and on a 5 game point streak :D

Stanley, here we come lol

5. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How has Tavares looked so far?

And aren't u doing all this without Streit and Okopso? :eek:

6. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Forget about JT...look at Stevie Stamkos...guy has 9 points in 5 games. Incredible. The kid has left off exactly from last season. He may win the scoring title this year. He's that good.

7. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JT was actually out with a mild concussion for a couple of games (wins) but has 2 goals in 2 games since returning (okay one was an EN but whatever). Bailey and Moulson have been great and Wisnewski has been fantastic in the back. And even though DiPietro has been really solid, Gordon was smart to play the hot hand against Toronto. Roly just has their number.

Streit and Okposo come back mid season. And if this keeps up that will only be icing on the cake. and by cake I mean President's Trophy ;)

8. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he's a beast, no doubt. His one-times should be banned, it's that sick. :D

Ha, Roly was awesome in the 3rd from what I saw last night against Toronto, he made some incredible saves. I like Tavares alot though, hope he stays healthy and continues to develop. Hopefully the fans won't expect him to produce Stamkos-like numbers in his second season, as he doesn't have a distributer like St. Louis to set up his chances on a platter, and clearly doesn't skate all that well either.

9. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Rypien attacks a fan...fast fwd to around a minute in. Probably going to get a few games suspension from Gary.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NrPP2CnidI"]YouTube - Rick Rypien vs Minnesota Wild Fan[/ame]

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am guessing around ten for pushing a linesman, attacking a fan unprovoked and being a nobody.

11. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The fan didn't deserve that...he was mocking him and probably trash talking, but a player shouldn't do that unless the fan pulls a PHI fan vs Tie Domi...then he can attack him. Mini will prob have to offer some comp tickets/merchandise to avoid a lawsuit lol.

12. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    --Big game tonight in Chicago when Vancouver visits the Hawks; Canucks really took a beating last night against the Wild. I think puck drops at 6PM Pacific Time, I'll definitely race home from work to watch.

--Also, another shocking home defeat for the Sharks, who were beaten 5-2 vs Carolina. It all started poorly with a short-handed goal by Eric Staal, and from there the Sharks went on to turn the puck over several times in terrible areas. Defensively, we're a mess right now.

--By the way, Cam Ward looked fantastic in that game last night with several amazing stops...I'm glad to see him healthy and playing well, as he really is an underrated netminder.

13. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always liked Manny Malhotra, even after being a disappointment with the Rangers, but he has nothing to back up what he said. Sure, fans cross boundaries, but he didn't say what the fan exactly did. If he has a problem with words, he better be glad that his tenure on Broadway didn't last that long, otherwise he'd have been eaten alive by the Garden faithful.

As for Rypien, what a douche. Suspend him all season for all I care. You don't do that. From the video, the guy was clapping and that was it. If words were said, still NO excuse to do such a thing. Yeah, you may be able to drop the gloves and throw down but pushing a fan just means you still need to grow a pair.

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Malhotra was just sticking up for his teammate, or he did not see how it started and he thought Rypien could not possibly be so stupid.

15. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    "Scored in my own net". Funny vid. We'll never forget you Caber!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVKyAyD2jc"]YouTube - How To Be An NHL Defenceman[/ame]

16. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great idea or greatest idea?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...t=AlvM9jnBcPqHsUCGppJzMvB7vLYF?urn=nhl-284286

My only suggestion. Name the teams Wales and Campbell and return a little tradition to the game. (******** you Bettman)

17. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In theory, i like it. Will provide some entertainment prior to the actual game. They're saying that Sid and Ovie will be the captains. We will see who has the brighter hockey mind in terms of building a "team". 9Not liek we don't know that answer already) We may see Sidney in a Stevie Y role in about 20 years from now...this could be his first team built lol

But, once that puck drops, we're going to see the same old game we always have. Boring, boring, boring. It might be slightly more competitive as the captains will select their friends, but no one will want to get injured. The NHL doesn't care anyways...the all-star game is just a glorified corporate event for the major sponsors. However, i love the Skills competition. It's the most competitive hockey we see the entire weekend.

18. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selecting an all start squad will demonstrate Crosby's "team building abilities" like my dynasty team in NHL '11 demonstrates mine.

19. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, why does CBC have Mike Milbury on the Hot Stove? The Hot Stove is supposed to be where we get to here updates and information from inside the league, like a possible World Cup of Hockey coming back? Instead, we get Mike Milbury doing his grrrr, arrggh grog not like, yell, yell schtick again. He provides no info and his opinions are all to predictable.

20. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention the whole disgrace to hockey thing.

21. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ya, i look forward to the hot stove for 'insider' speculation of trade talks and signings. Mike is just settling in his role when Grapes is no longer available for coaches corner. It's funny how CBC hates Cherry...but, they are willingly training Mike to fill his shoes.

We saw last night when Mike was rambling on about the all star game, Ron interrupted him and Mike said "Am i done yet" Seems the transition has already begun.

22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His entire point was the all star game sucks, and he just had to yell and repeat it over and over.

Don Cherry is in a whole different world. He at least makes decent points about the game and players. Millbury's comments are sadly predictable. It's like he thinks he is Don Cherry, but he can't even come close.

23. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He passed away last night. Shame they didn't induct him in the HHOF.

Rest in peace Pat. Thanks for the great memories in Toronto!!!