(2010.10.12) Friendly: Korea x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Oct 8, 2010.

1. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Our RB, choi hyo jin, simply a retard. Who flutters there arms out like that trying to block a cross? :eek:

2. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Strangely enough, Honda and Hasebe had checkered performances tonight but still ended up being the best players on the pitch for Japan. Hasebe had an absolute stinker in the first 10 minutes, but recovered well to perform up to his usual high standards. Honda basically ran the show on the attack, but fluffed his lines on certain occasions (like that 3 on 1 that he refused to pass).

Otherwise, Maeda had a pretty decent outing, although not as awe-inspiring as in the Argentina game. Kagawa's form has died down a bit, and it's going to be a crucial time for him from now, he needs to see the next few months through still as a starter at Dortmund.

Hopefully Komano will return to action in no time.

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yup, for Jubilo, eh... :cool:

4. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In regards to the penalty.

It doesn't really matter what the FIFA rules say. The only thing that matters is how the ref interprets the play. I've seen penalties given for that kind of play, but who the ******** cares? Referees are part of the game and in the long run they don't make a difference at all.

Rules don't mean shit. Otherwise England shouldn't have beat Germany right?

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    BTW it taught us a good lesson, we now know that you can defend with the arms extended to catch every ball that goes nearby.

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's a bit different.
    The ref did not see that one.

This one he saw and unbelievably judged not a PK.

Still, I regret way more the 3v2 chance when Honda shot was saved in the 87th.

Also the cross that was stopped with a hand came from a poor control by Matsui. Better not to whine and look at our own game.

But still that was a HUGE PK ;)

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    That was a huge mistake by Matsui. If only the control had been better ... But he was dead tired. We clearly had the chances to win this match.

8. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just wanted to say you guys played well, your organization, chemistry, and passes in midfield was pretty much on another level compared to our midfielders. Extremely deadly on the counter, though Honda needs to look for his other teammates at times.

As for the ball to the hand call I personally didn't think it was blatantly intentional which IMO is the biggest factor in ref deciding those, but I totally understand how the rage is over on this side and it would have likely been the same (or worse) reaction if it was the other way around... and especially since it would have been Japan's chance to win one back after string of losses so far this year to us (though I would like to mention, PK call isn't necessarily an automatic goal either!). But again, if we had given up the PK and the goal, we would have played in a different way going forward, which would have resulted in god knows what, so we can speculate on what if's forever, we'll never know. In the end it was a friendly and I'm sure both squads now know what to work on from today's result, which is what matters more.

1 person likes this.
  9. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So it's a broken upper-arm for Komano. Umm, see him in late November I guess.

10. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    About non intentional handball, I think ref will surely call PK when ref think the ball mostlikely would have gone into net if there was no handball.
    If it was intentional one, that dose not matter though. And this time , considering Korea's home game, so I was not surprised he did not call PK.

Anyway, It is bit disappointing to draw Korea without Park, but I am glad Honda shows he was best player in the both teams on the field. Kagawa was bit disappointing.
    It is only zac's second game and ground condition was terrible, so I am not judge more about the team itself.

11. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRFjyR3m28M"]YouTube - ???? ?? 0X0 ?? ????? 2010.10.12[/ame]

12. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Seriously though.

Props to the defense for keeping a clean sheet for the 2nd match in a row.

I would have never thought that without Nakazawa and Tulio that we would ever keep a clean sheet.

Although I do like finesse and passing; defense comes first. I hope that we can keep this up even if the passing isn't as nice anymore.

13. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, Japan was without Tulio, Okazaki, Nakazawa and Kawashima... :cool:

14. dantasu

dantasu Member

Portuguesa Santista
    Brazil
    Dec 8, 2009
    Santos
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So the 2010 season is over??

15. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hehe, Nakazawa and Tulio were also two of our best scorers. I think Japan's CK and FK were not threatning in this game.
    But I think Japan shuold not rely on Nakazawa anymore even though Nakazawa does not want to retire NT.

16. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Although the official match result was 0-0, this was the match Japan won. (Yes, that was a clear handball) This is at least what the fans in Korea think (including me) after reading various posts at Alssa forum. Yes, we played an awful match and Japan deserved to win this match. It's a bit painful to say that, but what pains me more is the fact that Korea, after reaching the R16 at the WC with some excellent performance against Nigeria, Greece and Uruguay, we're now playing football that doesn't suit us at all. I have a lot of things to say about our new coach, but since this is Japan forum, I will make that comment elsewhere.

17. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hey, I'm worried about this as a Jubilo fan!

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Extended highlights

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGAh8Yyxwbo"]YouTube - 2010/10/12 Friendly Japan vs South Korea 1st-half[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5K4hJlGv3U"]YouTube - 2010/10/12 Friendly Japan vs South Korea 2nd-half[/ame]

19. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've seen enough of Maeda.

Morimoto or someone new please.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    wtf man, Morimoto wouldn't have been able to control one of these balls, Maeda did a great job ...

21. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I want to see someone that will be there for the next WC.

I could care less if Japan loses every single match until the next WC (besides the WC qualifiers of course.)

We need so establish some kind of basis to build the team on. Maeda may provide victories in the next year or so, but if we want to be competitive in the next WC right now is the time to start getting serious.

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought Maeda did good as well. Come on.

23. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm not questioning his performance.

But if we keep playing him what are we going to do when he's not here? We just throw in some unproven player at FW and hope for the best when the WC rolls by?

Look at Morimoto, he isn't getting any playing time at Catania and its showing. Do we want to deprive potential WC members of playing time that will ultimately integrate them into the system and improve them?

24. KwonchesterUtd

Aug 10, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm a Korean here. Want to say Honda is turning out amazingly. I smell a Ronaldo.

I noticed from recent posts that Morimoto is doing horribly but the last time he played against Korea (as a sub), Morimoto was a beast. I think Japan should try to give a lot of young ones a try and give all the players attention because if you don't, you get a team where all the team does is set pieces when their leader is gone... cough(similartomyteamtoday)cough.

You guys probably know that and we can't really do anything about it but... yeah... I can't seem to end my comment well enough.