2008 Illinois State Cup

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by chicagosoccer38, Mar 6, 2008.

1. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    Eclipse and the Magic might be wondering what they were doing last Sunday...if this is the case.

2. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm glad that you wrote "arguably." ;)

3. magicmom17

magicmom17 New Member

Jun 1, 2008
    i believe that 99 times out of 100 the wind will beat eclipse this just happened to be that 1 time

4. soccerworld711

soccerworld711 New Member

Apr 30, 2008
    HELLO???? Eclipse beat the WIND!!! Eclipse is a good team!!! Very good!!
    and oh yeah.....MAGIC U14 WON STATE CUP! no one said anything about the U15's being the best in the state.....but the U14 Magic - they are a very good team and come out to play when they need too.
    If the Wind teams cannot come out and play when they need to (or go to useless hispano teams when they shouldn't)....then they obviously are not the best.....we can go round and round if you want but the end results is what counts......sorry.

5. Scotch41

Scotch41 Member

Jul 31, 2007
    The 13s lost 6-1 thats a tough one to argue, while the 2 favorites got knocked out early.

6. magicmom17

magicmom17 New Member

Jun 1, 2008
  7. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006

I think you missed the thread on the Antarctic national team on the continent forum:eek:, why post it on three threads?
    Not eactly a "stop the presses" type announcement is it??:p

8. defender17

defender17 New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    magic mom u sound like a parent whos kid maybe isnt getting any playing time. are u out of your mind the magic 14 are the best team in the state. i think u joined big soccer to here yourself talk.

9. chicagosoccer38

chicagosoccer38 New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Any predictions for the games tommorow, at all age groups?

10. soccerworld711

Apr 30, 2008
    agreed....that is what I have been trying to say....first off...why would you even say your a Magic Mom and then bash the club?...not to smart there - maybe the magic have a GPS on your screen name and now your kid wont play at all...ha ha......

Second...if you love the Wind so much and there coaches are so much better then the Magic coaches....go over there cause the whole Wind/Magic merger thing is only for one year and probably wont pan out cause the Magic doesn't really need the Wind to attact players or be successful (obviously).

Third......you need to really get your facts straight when you say the Wind has the best U14 and U15 team in the state when the Eclipse beat the U14's and the Fire will probably beat the U15's so what are you basing your information on??? your love for the club????

Fourth....whether I am an Eclipse dad or a Magic dad or a Fire Jr.'s mom....I state my point out of fact and no favor to any clubs...you should try it.

11. soccerworld711

Apr 30, 2008

Read your own website...if you really are a magic mom.

12. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    The merger continues into next year. Tryouts are in two locations with one in the southland and one in the northland. Also checkout the Wind's website as it descibes the AS Monaco partnership also.

Sunday June 8th, 2008

U-16 (1993 & 1992) 6:00-7:30pm – Community Park, 1825 Short Street, Lisle
    U-18 (1991 & 1990) 7:00-8:30pm – Community Park, 1825 Short Street, Lisle

Wednesday June 11th, 2008

U-16 (1993 & 1992) 6:00-7:30pm – Lake Forest Academy, 1500 W. Kennedy Road
    U-18 (1991 & 1990) 7:00-8:30pm – Lake Forest Academy, 1500 W. Kennedy Road

http://www.chicagomagic.net/tryout/tryoutapp.htm

13. magicmom17

magicmom17 New Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Johnr i know that your son plays for the sockers and you think that they are they best so answer these questions and then i am sure you will be able to come up with some excuse...

Which team did better at the manchester united cup? The u-14/15 Wind or the 15 Sockers?

Which team won there group? The u-14/15 Wind or the u-15 Sockers?

Which team won in the Round of 16? The u-14/15 Wind or the u-15 Sockers?

And the winner is the u-14/15 Wind

If your sons team is sooooooooo much better than the Wind then why did the Wind do better in
    THE MOST COMPETITIVE U15 TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD?” -EUROSPORT
    :confused:

14. magicmom17

magicmom17 New Member

Jun 1, 2008
    ...Also the Winds Manchester united team consisted of a majority of u-14 players :eek:

15. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    ohhhh if Eurosport says it, obviously it HAS to be true! No more arguing with miss "magic mom" its clear now that Eurosport has spoken, the wind are kings of the universe, just dont tell that to the teams in their 15 mrl group, or to eclipse or the magic at 14...or even schaumburg who beat them in mrl play...but im sure there were 100 excuses, i mean reasons, that they lost.

16. soccerworld711

Apr 30, 2008
    I am convinced...she's really not a "magic" mom...it's a disguise...she's a WIND mom for sure......too many stats on the Wind U14/15 and not enough knowledge about the Magic and what they are trying to do.......I had to throw out that the merger was only for "one year" even if it's not....to get her going......im so bad.

17. soccerworld711

Apr 30, 2008

John R gave facts about what the Sockers have won...that's what I am talking about....the EUROSPORT "MOST COMPETITIVE U15 TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD" is just opinion........lets face the facts.

18. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006

might be nice to know how many or which clubs werent even in "THE MOST COMPETITIVE U15 TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD".;)

19. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007

U15 FIRE- 7 U15 WIND-0

today at state cup
    I'd say you lost that argument........now go make me a sandwich:D

20. NUSOCCER

NUSOCCER New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Evanston
    Ouch that hurts. I guess losing those players to red cards did not help.

21. FIRETILIDIE

FIRETILIDIE Member

Jan 5, 2007
    also heard Campton were leading sockers but dont know how it finished.

22. justanopinion

justanopinion New Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Sockers U15 lose in OT

23. CornerKicks4

CornerKicks4 New Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Just heard that Campton won in OT 3-2. Sockers made a great come back, but Campton won in OT.

Rematch of last year's final.

24. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    In her head she didn't and hasn't. In everyone's else mind (including mine) she lost (a long time ago). Great job by Fire team.........can you as her to make me a sandwich too?;)

25. NUSOCCER

NUSOCCER New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    Evanston
    Very disappointed to hear that Sockers 15s lost. Sockers is having a very tough State Cup this year. I hope the 16s can do something.