2008/09 Season Fixtures

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by David Hankey, Jun 16, 2008.

1. David Hankey

David Hankey Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Great Easton, Leicestershire, England
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Leicester City kick off the new season with a home fixture against MK Dons on 9th. August. How ironic when we've just been trying to pinch their manager.

The Boxing Day match at Leeds United looks to be a juicy one apart from that one and the return fixture at Leicester next April I can't really get too enthused.

All fixtures announced today can be viewed on many sites including bbc.co.uk/football

David Hankey

2. purpleronnie

purpleronnie New Member

May 29, 2006
    It really hits home when the fixtures come out. Looks like John Gregory is the favourite to be the next manager? Not too happy about that but I guess when you're in the 3rd division you are limited.

MK Dons are a good side, pass it around well, but hell we should be looking to beat everyone this season.

3. David Hankey

David Hankey Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Great Easton, Leicestershire, England
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Latest news is that Nigel Worthington could be in the frame as Mandaric has suggested that it could be the end of next week before a new manager is installed.

Rumour is that this further delay is to sort out compensation with the Northern Ireland FA.

Personally, I wouldn't be too disappointed with him as I always thought that Mandaric was wrong not to give him a crack at the start of last season after keeping us up the season before.

David Hankey