2006/2007 Torino Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    So much ticks me off about this team, that i really don't know where to start, other than Rosina should only leave the field when he is ejected or injured but somehow never even starts, Di"slow"reto and Franche"seethemgobyme" are clearly, clearly lacking the pace to play outside. They are killing this team, forcing the entire midfield to play tmuch deeper than it should, which in turn forces Stellone to do much more than he needs to do, which is simply collect the ball in or right outside the box and shoot. Barone finally showed me something this weekend, but Urbano "Daniel Snyder" Cairo better to head to Argentina and pick up some defenders with pace, grab a Belluschi now while Toro can afford him to be the playmaker beside Rosina, and bag a true center forward while they can in January. Otherwise, this team will not stay up past this year.

2. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Two in a row.

I didn't see yesterday's Atalanta game but if they won a road game, the garnet machine must be a touch better synchonized. We'll take what we can get.
    Hopefully, Zac has learned that this team's success - and his job really -depends on the effctiveness of Rosina until help arrives, at a minimum backs with pace and a true center forward aside from Stellone, IMO playing over his head until he shows that last year and this year have not been a fluke.

Improving in time for the big guns portion of the schedule, if nothing else.

Forza Toro

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    whats your take on Fiore lately? I see he played but 2 mins this past weekend and I'm not sure he fits Zac's formation at Torino...

4. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    I know what everyone else knows - Fiore and Zac had their issues before, and tension from a different time is obviously still there. He went there to play for Di Biasis, and was shocked like we all were. I thought Fiore's effort was better in the first 4 games of the season, but Pancaro's surprising range along the entire left flank has really placed Fiore in a position where he is receiving the ball much higher than usual, and frankly the lack of scoring has forced Zac, whom i believe sucks and was not working for two years for a reason, to experiment like mad with the forwards. He knew what Fiore was capable of, and obviopusly didn't think much of him. I think Lazetic compliments Rosina and Stellone better simply due to his better pace, but i feel/hope he redoubles his pace on the field to finish strong when he's out there. I have no question that he is a superior winger than Lazetic, but its also clear to me that he went into this season already frustrated and looking to get out, given the 11th hour canning of GDB.

Forza Toro

5. Tuscany

Tuscany New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    UAE
    another win for Torino !
    they must be on fire !!
    last fixtures for Torino :-
    1- vs. Sampdoria , 1-0 Rosina with a late penalty to overcome Samp.
    2- Atlanta vs. , 1-2 with good performance to beat the side who beat Milan earlier .
    3- vs. Empoli , 1-0 with a late goal from Comotto in a controversial game .
    4- Milan vs. , 0-0 to pick up a point from San Siro , it is a great job !
    5- Ascoli vs., 0-2 well done Rosina !

---

talking about Fiori, i think Rosina is doing great along side Stellone . No need to please Fiori at all at this moment .

6. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Happy to see Rosina doing well. He's the #10 and deserves it. If he keeps it up he's going to get a call from Donadoni.

7. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004

Credit must be given to their best performer Trefoloni.:mad:

8. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rosina has been in great form. He may for Il Toro but this guy knows how to play!

9. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot he went to Russia. Would be nice to see him land at Torino.

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Even if he goes to Il Toro, I'd like to see Cavenaghi perform like he did in his River Plate days. He was a class act.

12. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
  13. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He would be an asset at Il Toro. He is a bit similar to Rosina but Sandro can just play on the left or behind the front two.

14. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    If you talk about Hamit Altintop..
    He can play center of the midfield..he can play right side of the midfield..
    He can play right back defens offanse..
    His shoots is powerfull.
    He is good at tactical game.
    He dont give up 90 minute..
    Warrior. fire up player.
    His cross very good.
    There is lot to say about Turk.

Torino very good club to play for.

@

There is more rumours about him..
    Galatasaray and Fenerbahce looking for sign him.
    Galatasaray more closerthan Fenerbahce.

But, the desicion is hamit will do..
    Is he gonna move Serie A Torino..
    or going to Galatasaray..
    finaly maybe stay at Schalke:) .

time will tell.

sincerely
    iwa

15. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd like to see him in Italy, regardless of who buys him. After watching him in the CL and on a few occasions in the Bundesliga, he would be an asset for most teams.

16. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Yeah that would be cool.

by the way;
    This was the one of beatyful goal last season Champions League games:
    by Hamit Altintop vs AC.Milan game http://www.superspor.com/video/test.php?frm_id=4328

17. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Really rated this guy, but he's kinda fell off the radar a bit for me. He's got a great shot on him and is incredibly versatile positionally!

If Torino could sign him it would be a massive upgrade and he and Rosina could make a very creative midfield duo.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    they've also added Cesare Bovo on loan from Palermo...while sending Stefano Fiore to Livorno. Bovo's a nice addition.

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, the addition of Bovo should give their defense some much needed strength. They also get a very good free kick taker.

21. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Torino have also added Cesare Bovo on loan for the remainder of the season from Palermo.

He's one I had been really been impressed with but due to an injury hasn't seen much playing time this season at Palermo, so this could be a very good move for him.

Also playing for Torino means I'll see alot more of him this season (FSC shows all their home games).

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cairo has finally had enough of losing and has sacked Zaccheroni. De Biasi, who was manager in the summer and then was fired, will return.

23. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    I kept saying i was going to sit in front of the computer and write a scathing post about this team - this crap team - but as things got worse i simply became flummoexed at the thought of saying all that needed to be said given the sh1t performances this year. So, now, with a few laps left in the race, Cairo decides to try something different. Really now, what took so long? That Zac - a has been whom had been out of coaching for two years - TWO YEARS - was hired to begin with, let alone at the eleventh hour, is bad enough, but now the clown is off with what i believe to be no transfer window opportunity to fix this mess. Ridiculous. Konan and Fiore run out of town weeks before the coach who wanted them to begin with - GDB - is brought back. The bad music remains the same- no playmaker other than Rosina's left foot and Comotto's runs up the filed. No strikers worth a crap other than the serviceable Stellone (How is 532 year old Muzzi on this team?). And no way to fix it.

Cairo is the long lost brother of Washington Redskin owner Daniel Snyder, and they are once again proving that talent evaluation and those decisions required to be made for the purpose of fielding and coaching up a team should be left to those people who are in the business of calcio (not in business, in the business of making calcio related decisions. You know, Cairo, actual experience in this field). The prior regime was terribly guilty of that, and Cairo has placed his squad in peril of getting sent down after one year of no Giuve in A. Pathetic.

If they stay up, next year's Serie A will arguably be the toughest ever, with Jumerdus, Napoli and likely Genoa or Mantova (a very good little side) up. Milan will not have another similar down year, and Inter won't get weaker. Cairo better cross his fingers that his stubborness and arrogance don't doom this year's team to slide back down, then do what needs to be done to make sure this lack of footballing decisionmakers in his organizartion doesn't repeat itself and doom this squad next year, back to what appears at the moment to be it's rightful home - la B.

GET YOUR FU(KING A55ES IN GEAR TORO