2006/2007 Torino Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by Cassano, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    After last seasons disappointment at not being promoted due to financial reasons, Torino was bought buy ambitious president Urbano Cairo and they made the playoffs, where they reached the promised land that is Serie A. Ironically, Torino will be the city of Torino's only representative in Serie A this season, as rivals Juventus were relegated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torino_FC

2. Berean Todd

Berean Todd New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Congrats guys on getting Abbiati finalized, I think he's an outstanding keeper, and always thought he should have been given more of a chance at Milan over the years. I think he'll go a long ways towards keeping you up.

3. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Thanks bro, i'm happy to. Abbiati will likely get plenty of time in net -while i was impressed with how well Taibi played last year, particularly his very clutch saves in the extra time of the second playoff leg against mantova, he is stil 178 years old. Abbiati has hopefully only had the misfortune of playing behindthe best keeper in the world/Serie A (Buffon) and another excellent keeper who did very well at the club and international level - WC, CL, Scudetto - (Dida). I'm delighted.

Hopefully, Inter will get Ibrahimovich and cruz will be more likely to head to Torino.

I can't believe Lucarelli, Toro fan favorite, went to Juve.

4. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Abbiati is a good choice for Il Toro. He deputised well for Buffon last year and at Milan, he was a very good keeper. I would have kept him instead of buying Dida in the first place. If Torino is going to survive, Abbiati has to be one of the main protagonists.

It wouldn't surprise me if Toro do get Cruz. There are many strikers on the market for Inter so I don't see the point in Cruz staying in Milan.

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Abbiati is a good solid keeper, but his weakness is at times he seems to have soap for gloves and what are supposed to be routine saves become adventures.

6. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think we all remember Deisler's goals for Bayern against Juve.

7. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Bayern paid the refs;)

FORZA TORO

8. Massimo_Oddo

Massimo_Oddo New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    You've been linked with Stefano Fiore. If you could get him that would be great!

9. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Re: Vieri to Torino?

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug11k.html

Please let this be a hoax. I find it difficult to recall a more overrated and oft injured forward than this man. I like him, he has been rather misfortunate, but he would be a waste of $ if Cairo signs him.

10. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Re: Vieri to Torino?

THIS article claims that Torino are after Coco, Fiore, Lugano AND Palacio. Palacio is a very special player in my book and would be a very nice signing. I am worried, though, that too much turnover this summer could be a mistake.

11. forza toro

forza toro New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    does anyone know where i could purchase the new 2006-2007 Torino jersey with Rossina on the back. I live in Canada and it's very hard to track it down even on the internet.

12. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    careful on Rosina, I've seen his name mentioned out in swap deals...

C4 has Torino about to land Stefano Fiore, thats a nice player for them this season...

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have Torino down to be the suprise of the season. They have some good quality players, and their president is ambitious and is making good signings.

14. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Cassano - i hope they are the surprise of the season fo teightreasons, with skepticism bubbling followng he unimpressive exit from the copa.

nywa, they keep adding folks, Fiore being essentially official at this point.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/news.html

I know it was always a pipe dream, but the Toro interst in Burdisso is also officially over.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug31n.html

A shame, because their defense durting the preseason friendlies ad uring the loss in the Coppa has ben described by lyal Granata scribes as beng rahter poor and disorganized.

FORZA TORO

15. forzareggina

forzareggina Member

Reggina
    United States
    Aug 24, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Reggina Calcio
    axel konan is off to torino
    he's one of my favorite players
    good signing

16. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Wow, i want to apologize for the incoherent rambling topped with terrible spelling of that previus post of mine. I beleive i was sober when it was hacked out, to make matters worse.

Forza Reggina - I'm familiar with him but know nothing of him. I'd appreciate a little info on him, and if you do so, happy Duck Manson will write a haiku about Reggina. That's a promise.

TORO IN A + GIUVE IN B = :)

17. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'd like to think that too, tho the defense scares me some...some jouryneman names there. With Rosina, Barone and Fiore the midfield looks good, up top Muzzi and Stellone cant have much left...and Abbruscato has only proven to be good in B.

18. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I want Toro to have a super year. They are one of my top 5 clubs in the world. Too much turnover, though. I really think it's gonna come back to haunt them.

19. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    TORO board is rockin' with activity!!

I am completely fired up that Toro will be on FSC this sunday, and already gave away my Bucs opener tickets. I haven't seen a single video clip of a single exhibition so far, but the reports i've read from various sources paint a bad picture - losing to Allessandria, to Crotone and a couple of days ago to Genoa - Abbiatti will earn his $.

Offensively, there has been a paucity of goals from these players against even half assed competition. It speaks volumes that De Biasi is complaining on and on about the lack of a true center forward. Barone was a nice acquisition from what i read, however I don't know anything about the guy. He may be surplusage at forward, throw him in there with Muzzi Rosina and Stellone. if anything like last year's club, this team pushes up along the flanks much more than i like, so the need for a big true center forward will hopefully not become to glaring. That's why De Biasi was so ticked that he didn't get Cruz but some Japanese player he'd never heard of. I guess my email to various fan sites stating the Toro need for Brian McBride were NOT passed onto management.

The fans have already been complaining about the limited seating capacity of Stadio Grande Torino f/k/a Stadio Olimpico, and Cairo has said that the big matches V. Milan, Inter and Roma will occur at Delle Crappi.

ALE TORO, FORZA GRANATA

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  21. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I think that, when you look at their defenders, they can't put a good defense on anyway. SHould be entertaining to watch. I'm psyched for it.

22. dov2711

dov2711 New Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Scotland-KDY
    A reasonably bright start lasty week though the equaliser came late.

Time will tell if the managers style will stiffle creativity, the squad is maybe a bit light still though more than capable of competing.

Does anyone outside Italy watch the games through Sky Calcio or mediaset?

If so how did they source the package and do they have any advice on the best way to watch accross Europe.

UK companies have quoted £1000-£2400 for a season which seems wildly excessive.

23. Tuscany

Tuscany New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    UAE
    Torino grabbed their first win of this season beating Chievo 1-0 home . Stellanoi scored the precious goal to maybe save Zaccheroni from being sacked .

24. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Mutu was in diffida and picked up a yellow against Reggina so he will not make the trip to Torino. Dainelli was injured (head) against Reggina and may not start. If he is unable our 4 man back line will most likely be...

Ujfalusi---Gamberini---Kroldrup---Pasqual
    or (but most likely not)
    Potenza---Ujfalusi---Kroldrup---Pasqual

We have only surrendered one goal over our last 5 matches.