PBP: 14th fixture: AFC Bournemouth v. Chelsea FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think you just did.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Those agents should be dusting off the fine print of their clients' contracts to make sure they put a relegation clause in there.

3. addicted2chelsea

Nov 11, 2007
    Australia
    Didnt catch the game - what went wrong this time?

4. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Fabregas is just swinging the lead, I think he is the player that prefered to loose. Compare his performance for Spain agaist England to yesterday. He just gives the ball away too often or passes to the wrong player.

5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Going into last season I felt we had a very, very good squad. Even going into this season despite not adding some quality that would help us reach new heights I felt we still had a pretty competitive squad especially given the quality of the rest of the league.

Our squad hasn't suddenly, magically turned into a heaping pile of dog shit.

Jose out, just get it over with.

6. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Absolute first step though is RLC taking fabregas spot. Or...OR play Oscar and RLC in the pivot. Matic has been off form too.

7. eriol

eriol Member

Dec 15, 2005
    NOT Pacific Grove, CA anymore
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was unfortunately multi-tasking in the kitchen while watching the game on my laptop, but I counted three separate jaw-dropping passes from Cesc that almost scored goals for us. They just didn't quite connect (and one the offsides flag went up, not his fault). So anyways, I thought he looked better than he has recently. Just saying.

8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm assuming Jose was able to convice Roman and the board that he could take maximum points from games like these. Now that he hasn't, well, I don't know. I expect him to be here the entire season.

9. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want him to stay. What we need is a new striker and a true defensive mid. Dont think there's enough competition in the team to make players work for their spot.

10. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Than you missed the many (!) misplaced passes and the countless times an opposing player blew past whilst trying to "defend." He needs to be benched for an extended period.

11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Big big changes are needed all over the place. A team this experienced and expensive led by one of the most expensive managers...its a disgrace. Not even sure where to start.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    We all want to see Cesc dropped, but do most people feel RLC is all of a sudden going to make this team that much better? I think it's not about one position, but the overall state of the team. Even if Hazard or Willian have good games occasionally, it's a team sport. Confidence gives team that extra something. More confidence to take on players, more confidence to shoot, more confidence in the teammate next to you....all those little things add up to a large whole. At this point, Chelsea is a collection of individual units who are not doing an ok job on their own, but weak together. I don't know what changes need to be made. I don't think getting rid of Jose now is going to solve the problem. Perhaps bringing in some new blood in January might lighten up things, but until we get 3-4 wins in a row, this team will struggle.

13. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    RLC may not be the answer, probably isn't. but having a (hopefully) hungry young player in the team is going to do a lot more than having a mostly bystander cesc in the team. at the very least he shouldn't get blown by on defense. the team isn't going to be any WORSE and it whats we've got. might as well try it, and convince RLC to sign a new contract in the mean time.

14. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bingo. We just lost to Bournemouth. At home.

15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pretty psyched to read what Jose and others say about this a few months/years down the road. We're missing something here because it takes a special kind of ********ed up for us to be in the position we're currently in.

16. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    I would rather see some out there busting their ass than see Cesc lollygag his way around the field. You know team spirit/confidience cuts both ways good sir. What does it say to players trying to get onto the field or players already busting their asses (there arent many) when they see Cesc et al played week after week pitiful performance after pitiful performance? It would tell me that its more about politics than it is about performance but I am not a professional footballer.

17. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gotta agree here as Torres strating all the time provides proof of the politics.

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City