14th Busan Asian Games - Post results & discussions [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by shenhua, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Asian Games results [R]

china 4-0 Turkmenistan.
    Havn't got the scorers yet.
    There was a massive crowd... of about 30 people.

2. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
  3. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Korea beat maldives 4-0.
    Thailand beat Yemen 3-0
    India beat bangladesh 3-0

The scores are mostly blowouts at this stage

4. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Korea sinks Maldives as China see off boot-boys

S.Korea should have put more goals. They showed lack of goal scoring skills throughout the match, missing so many opportunities. The 4-0 score doesn't tell anything.

Shenhua. Next time when you quote an article, please do not post an entire article in your post as it is against a copyright law.

5. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i didn't even know it started already.

6. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    what copyright law? i post links all the time, since when was it against the law? is this law applicable to everyone or only people of certain nations? i'd like some info on this..

7. LakesidePark

LakesidePark New Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Kanagawa, Japan
    Official website (in Korean, English, Japanese, and Chinese)
    http://busanasiangames.org/Eng/

Football matches are played in several cities, not just Busan. So far the results exactly match our predictions.

India's performance is interesting. It shouldn't be a sleeping giant. Palestine is very mysterious... I've never seen their national team.

BTW, is Busan spelled Busan? It's pronounced Pusan in Japan.

8. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    I don't care if anyone violates the copy right law, but one thing I cannot forgive is that the annoying super mod gives warning ONLY to me while everybody else does the same and he let it go.

9. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    It will be tough to get too many balls past Lee woonjae. I think he will get 5 or 6 clean sheets

10. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Yeah the Korean government changed it (again) from Pusan to Busan, Taegu to Daegu and ect.

Busan is pronounced Busan in Korea.

11. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Iran 10-0 Afghanistan.
    Bahrain 3-0 Uzbekistan

Guys, give a straight out prediction of who will win the tournament.

12. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    South Korea will win, after a close call or two. Home field (and officiating) advantage, plus the fact that their team is pretty darn good will get them the gold. Japan, Saudi, and China should compete for the other medals.

13. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    I think Japan will struggle. They got beaten by China last month and got smashed by J-league side Jubilo Iwata 7-0! Their first game at the asiad was a very ordinary win over palestine(2-0). It took them 66 minutes to score against Palestine! Also, why is Iran not on your list. They have a proper under-23 side with three wild cards and not a U-21 side. I think Iran is Korea's biggest threat

14. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Where the hell is Park Ji Sung. Sitting on his butt doing nothing instead of playing in the Asian games. I can't believe all this stuff about how he'll play in the second round. PJS is a diva. thinks he's too good for U-23

15. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    about Korea..

Quite frankly, I think winning the Gold in this Asian tourney isn't KFA's (and the ppl's) major priority and this brings me to an outrage. With only 3 weeks of preparation time, one can only see KFA's attitude towards other Asian nations. Yes, indeed I still think the K-League should be more important than Continental tournaments but what are they trying to prove here?! Koreans just can't forget the World Cup. On TV, or even regular conversations usually end up talking about the World Cup even after 3 months from the Competiton. You can see this from the Korea-Maldives game or previous friendlies Korea just had. What happened to all the Red shirts? Or the passion towards their team? Its like "well..we're gonna win anyway so why bother..its not even the world cup.." This is getting ridiculous. We need to know our role. Watch Iran or China win the gold. I'll be pissed. But at least the average Korean won't be because Korea is the "Pride of Asia", the best footballing nation on the continent just as it was proven - 4th Place team of the World Cup.

16. Yuke

Yuke New Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Japan
    I don't think Japan is winning gold.

This U-21 team, despite they have better technique than the previous AG team in general, doesn't have one to control the game in the spiritual aspect(and they start make silly mistakes under pressure). The players are extremely calm and quite...I've seen that in WYC '01, the friendly vs PRC a few weeks ago and then the AG game vs Palestine, and I didn't see much improvement since then. But in the honor of Palestine, I must say they played well in defense by overcoming so many difficulties back home.

Japan is not bringing over-age players or some good prospects from U-19. And as the U-21 isn't mentally taugh, this is the occasion for them to grow up. As far as I see improvement in the aspect, I'd be okay with them.

Anyways, players of Japan looked very tired, as most of them have played 4 or 5 matches in the past 2 weeks. And they are not prepared enough after new coach of the team Yamamoto started this team less than 2 months ago.(less than the amount of 2 weeks were spared to this team, and many of the regulars missed the training due to injury/league matches in J2)

The previous team with Ono, Inamoto, Nakamura etc didn't play well in the last AG, Thailand. Even though they beat full-strength Kuwait, they lost in the quarter finals. Yet, over the time, they managed to reach the QF in Sydney and then won many spots in the senior side. I hope they pick up the pace and build the organisation in a week.

17. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    I just saw the highlight of the China vs Turkmenistan game. Some good goals by the Chinese, but I don't think they can do it against a good defense.

As for who is going to win it, I say Korea has a very good chance since they are the home team. Iran's 10-goal victory is encouraging, but it’s against a country that hasn’t played in a while.

I pick China to win a medal but I don’t think it’s going to be gold. And I pick Thailand as the dark horse. (playing it safe...)

N Korea vs HK should be interesting.

18. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Irans victory against Afghanistan means nothing. With all the wasted chances it should have been 20-0 not 10-0.

How about Palestine holding up against Japan?WOW!

And it looks like Maldives are getting better. I guess teams looking to score double digits on them in the near future will be disappointed.

19. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    results

Japan 2-0 Palestines
    N.Korea 2-1 HongKong
    Qatar 1-1 Lebanon
    Kuwait 6-0 Parkistan

20. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    Goals
    VAHEDI NIKBAKHT Alireza(1st 11')
    VAHEDI NIKBAKHT Alireza(1st 32')
    NEKOUNAM Javad(1st 36')
    VAHEDI NIKBAKHT Alireza(2nd 6')
    VAHEDI NIKBAKHT Alireza(2nd 7')
    GOLMOHAMMADI Yahya(2nd 15')
    NEKOUNAM Javad(2nd 20')
    VAHEDI NIKBAKHT Alireza(2nd 40')
    DAEI Ali(2nd 43')
    DAEI Ali(2nd 45')

Shoots
    Iran 47
    Afghanistan 4

Very lopsided.

21. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    I wouldn't say that. He is a good goalie, but if the defense can't back it up, there's no use. Considering that the current Korean AG team's biggest problem is the syncronization between the defenders, WJ Lee could really struggle facing all the crap the defenders made.

WJ Lee used to be the Korean National Team's sub-goalie-for-life. Now everybody recognizes him. I AM happy for his achievement after his long slump though..

22. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    As for who's gonna win this tournament, I say

IRAN.

Many people in Korea don't realize the west Asian football, but seriously, Iran has a higher chance than Korea.

It's been only..what..couple of weeks(is it 3 weeks now? or is it 2?) since the KFA chose a COACH for the team and started to gather up a team.

Compare that to Iran where not only they are sending their U-23 team plus 3 wildcards(including their best NATIONAL TEAM striker Ali Daei), but they have been also preparing for this tournament for MONTHS. When Korea was in the WC, the Iranians were looking at the Asian Games.

It seems like Asian Games is considered pretty important in Iran. They've been preparing for it for a long time just as much as how Korea prepared for the World Cup. It would be (even though I hate to say this) DESERVING if Iran wins the gold.

23. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Re: about Korea..

I fully agree with you. There has been too much of this "if it's not the WC or WCQ, it's not important" kind of attitude in Korea for a loong time. It's worse now.

At S.Korea's first game against Maldives, 17,000 people came to a stadium that can hold more than 30,000. Almost half of the stadium was empty and of those who actually came, the majority didn't wear the color red.

Is it just the WC that turns on the majority of the Korean people??? No wonder the K-League attendance blows.

24. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Well, if Korea and Iran win all of their games, they will meet in the Semi-Finals, so hopefully we will see you guys there, and it will be a great match!

Iran has prepared for this tournament like none other before. I dont think we trained this hard for the WC 98, LOL, we need to win this becuase the confidence level in our players are pretty low right now. Korea will be very tough, we will see, it will be intresting!

25. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    NOOO!! HONG KONG LOST TO NORTH KOREA!! WTF! WTF! WTF!!