PBP: 12th Fixture: Norwich City v. Chelsea FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Nov 19, 2015.

1. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All hands on deck for the final minutes...

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Finally!!!! Best match Chelsea has played since last year.

3. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What's this strange feeling??? 3 points!!

4. WorldsEnd

WorldsEnd Red Card

Aug 29, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    3 points. Clean sheet. Wish we'd scored more. But we looked so much better today then we have in a long while. :)

Are we all Happy. . .ish?

5. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Very pleased with the performance but also very cognizant that it was Norwich. We have a much sterner test next week but hopefully we can build on this.

6. m_vandersee

m_vandersee Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First PL match I've been able to watch in about a month, so it was great to see like that. I'll have to make sure I don't miss any more so we can keep up that level of play :D

I know it won't work against most teams, but I really liked Kenedy at LB, although JM took Azpi out of the lineup for some reason. I was really impressed by Hazard and thought Fabregas looked a hell of a lot better than before the int'l break. Really the only player that I didn't come away with a positive attitude about was Ivan, he messed around with the ball too much, made some poor passes, and was yelling at his teammates after his own mistakes a bit too much for my liking (but that's not anything new)

7. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Much better, I think we will have a much better second half of the season, I don't believe we will go down put it that way, mid table mediocrity it is. Next season is going to be a test of Mourinho's ability, no Champions League means no big name signings, its time to see how well Mourinho can coach with more limited resources, I still believe he is a class manager, I still have every faith in him.

eriol repped this.
  8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    A very very solid performance. Still struggling with clear chance creation but full credit to Jose and the boys for actually looking like Chelsea FC. Hazard was sensational I thought, and we desperately need him to keep up those kinds of performances if we are to make our way back up the table.

This was confident though and right now that means a lot.

9. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keeping grounded but this was a solid performance all around and great attitude coming off of an international break.

Another win mid week will surely build on our confidence into the weekend against spurs. 3 points and keep it moving.

10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Honestly not sure about the no big signings thing. We'll still be able to throw large money at teams/players and don't think one season out of the big tourney will significantly curtail our transfer options.

That said, many of our best players have come from the non-megastar market and that may not be a bad thing.

We still have too many frightening moments at the back but going forward looked much better. Hopefully Costa will build on his goal (I was really concerned that with a not impossible chance in the first half going awry that he would continue to misfire).

11. WorldsEnd

WorldsEnd Red Card

Aug 29, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Costa had three chances and he scored one. That will improve with confidence. Although Neymar and Aguero are better :) Costa is a lot better than Torres.

Kenedy at left-back? Thoughts? I wonder how happy the lad is about being a left-back. He is strong, fast and clever and direct - I like him a lot. But I am sure he sees himself more in a Gareth Bale role than a Ryan Bertrand one.

Why Ivan and NOT Dave? :confused:

some stats
    • This was only Chelsea's third clean sheet in their last 16 Premier League matches
    • Diego Costa ended a run of 603 minutes without a goal in all competitions for Chelsea
    • Cesc Fabregas provided his first assist in 10 games for the Blues.
    • Chelsea's 65% possession figure in this match was their highest in a league match since December 2014

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ivan was much much better....and you know why....bc he didn't bomb forward like a maniac.

Blueallthru repped this.
  13. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Jose figured Norwich was goin to hunker down and Kennedy provides a more attacking threat then Dave but could also defend if needed. I like the kid he's hungry and willing to work for the team. Just may not be our answer against a more threatening team

Blueallthru repped this.
  14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was nice.

Let's try and you know, build off of that.