10/7: A Game In Hand Is Worth 3 In The Bush: Colorado vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Oct 4, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2017-10-4_10-1-20.jpeg

Game: Colorado Rapids vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, October 7th
    Time: 8:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, Colorado, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Sunny; H 78, L 44
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 for Opponent: W-L-L-D-W
    Record & Standing of Opponent: 8-18-5 | 29 pts | 10th in the West (21st overall)
    Live TV: KTXA-21 (DFW); FCDallas.com (DFW); Altitude (Colorado); Direct Kick/MLS Live (Out of Market)
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

Must win. Only Acosta and Fig on international duty.

dtid repped this.
  2. dtid

dtid Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    If FCD wants to regain any control over their destiny, a point is necessary and a win is almost as important.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Considering they've historically had a horrid time in Seattle, this and LA are must wins.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sí señor.

Ranked by Must Win:
    1. LA in Frisco
    2. Colorado in Commerce City
    3. Seattle in Seattle

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    7 points from the final 3 and I'll be over the moon....which is kinda sad when you think about it.

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, that was crap, though not as crap as it could’ve been.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I didn't see the game but saw the 2 goals on Twitter last night. I can imagine how the game went. This team has been shifted into neutral for a long time now. We might end up limping into the playoffs, we might not. Won't matter though. If we had an opposite season that started with us tying and losing many games and then springing into a string of mostly wins against all odds, we would be licking our lips about slipping into the playoffs to do damage. Instead, we're a cold team that will get eliminated in the wildcard round, either in Kansas City or Seattle or Portland or wherever else we can't seem to get a result lately.

8. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    this is not a playoff team. while they control their place in the playoffs, there is ZERO about what we're seeing from this team that indicates its capable of much.

2017 may end up going down as the most disappointing season in FCD history.

and to think I actually predicted them to win MLS Cup..

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. I think too many players were played who were brought in to be starters who didn't play that good. Playing the younger players at least enough to push the "starters" is something I hope Oscar learns from. Maybe it's just that the new guys just aren't very good and the young ones were signed before they were ready because of the McKennie fiasco. Compare Atlanta's signings with FCD's. No comparison and those are the same type of players Oscar likes.

TCS35 repped this.
  10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there's about a 50-50 shot that they get into the playoffs. They'll herp and derp and lose to Seattle because it's in Seattle and FCD never wins in Seattle, then come home and beat an LA team that's already checked out on 2017. Now, whether that's enough to get them into the playoffs is entirely dependent on whether two of Houston, RSL, and San Jose are nice enough to oblige FCD by not accumulating enough points to keep FCD out of the playoffs.

This is not a bad team. Its record is just stunningly mediocre -- as evidenced by the 13 draws and the 0 goal differential -- because while they've been competent defensively (6th fewest goals allowed despite a few matches that went really sideways), the attack has been too dependent on one player, Maxi Urruti, who has scored a single goal since the end of July. And other teams know this. That could've been solved if Roland Lamah and Cristian Colmán had actually delivered, but they haven't.

But playoffs or no, this team is gonna be done by Halloween. A tremendous disppointment.

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes, great points. Offense is non-existent and had better be addressed in the offseason.