09/27: The Wrong Side of History: FCD vs Colorado [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Sep 25, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2017-9-25_11-27-7.jpeg

Game: FC Dallas vs Colorado Rapids
    Date: Wednesday, September 27th
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy; H 86, L 66
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 for Opponent: L-D-W-L-L
    Record & Standing of Opponent: 7-17-5 | 26 pts | 11th in the West (22nd overall)
    Live TV: FCDallas.com [DFW]; Altitude [Colorado]; Direct Kick/MLSLive [Out of Market]
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

Don't know what else to say. We're playing the statistically worst team in the league, at home; and I feel like we're the worst team in the league. We couldn't score on them (with VR) the last time they came to town towards the start of this slump. I would hope that the morale on this team isn't so F'd that if Papi can field his "best team" we can just wipe the floor with them like we should. But what do I know?

2. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another game we "should" win, but I expect another 0-0 tie as we put 24 weak shots on Tim Howard while they put 2 on Jesse.
    I'd really like FCD to give me a reason or two to not want this season to end.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you should change the name of the thread to Freefalling.

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its still MLS. 3 wins in a row and you're in the thick of the playoff hunt.

I predict victory: Colorado sucks. We're at home. Its a must win if we want to get in the playoffs. So we will. The talent is there.

This Pareja Out talk is ludicrous and moronic.

El Chico Carmona repped this.
  5. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Completely agree.

6. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Under the heading of "good omens": The last time that FCD had a winless streak this long was in 2012, when it reached 13 games. The game that broke the streak? A win in Commerce City against the Rapids.

Hopefully, the Rapids will once again serve as slumpbuster.

7. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's "Pareja out" talk? Did we move to Brazil or Italy? That might explain our lousy streak.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Depends what you count as "talk." A few mouth-breathers on social media who have no idea what they're talking about.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I've heard some critical talk about some of what he's done this year but no one serious is calling for that. Sometimes a plan comes together and sometimes it does not. This the year the plan hasn't worked. I see them making adjustments and moving on next year. Oh, and most of us know how much OP cares about this. That matters. A lot. I imagine he is likely way more upset than we are.

EricSunRa repped this.
  10. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Sad to say I'm dreading tonight's game. I'll be crossing all fingers and toes.

11. The Frisco Kid

Jan 22, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I'm concerned about what's really going on with Acosta. This bullshit that he's got fatigue and is sitting out makes no freaking sense -- the playoffs are on the line and we could very easily kiss the season goodbye if we blow this tonight. We're supposed to believe that he's taking a pass on playing when it matters most? Kellyn Acosta? Give me a break!

12. The Frisco Kid

Jan 22, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Colorado has rained on our parade so many times over the years. Why should tonight be any different? Mind you, none of this would be the case if the Hunts had ponied up and gotten a bonafide goal scorer instead of Colman, who can't find a goal with both hands. It's a miracle that he's gone an entire season without scoring a goal. Even most defenders can't do that! If you looked over his "hilight" films, you might notice the only goals he seemed to score were wide-open easy goals that anyone could score. Maxi is one hell of a forward but he needs help and gets virtually none. Once again, the Hunts have pissed off several of our top players by "locking them in" and not letting them pursue opportunities overseas or by locking them into cheap-ass contracts that they end up resenting. We are exhausting the Moneyball model and we are going to run off good talent. To me, I'm afraid the team is still treating players the way we did with Richetti several years ago and believe me, that's not a good thing.

13. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No one said fatigue, he's injured. What else would it be? Kellyn refusing to play? If that's the case, he can f uck off. Pareja purposely not playing him? Doubt it but his play hasn't warranted an automatic start since he came back from that horrid Gold Cup.

Can't argue with that.

To be fair, he scored 2 at Montreal (that got us our most recent win, sadly) and 2 in the Champions League earlier this year. He has had some real suck ass moments in front of goal but he's also had very little playing time. I'm ok with not seeing him come back next year but I think if he keeps working and tries again next year he could be a decent goal scorer. Still need another one though.

Debatable. The only one who has openly talked about leaving is Maxi but that's due to his lady being back in Argentina with a baby on the way. I guess so has Kellyn but he needs to step his game back up if he thinks he'll get any offers from Europe.

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The slump is busted!

[​IMG]

Of course, I didn't see a second of the game, since I subscribe to the only cable or satellite provider in the Denver metro area without Altitude, and the jackwagons over in Commerce City -- unlike FC Dallas -- won't lift the MLS LIVE blackout. So I'll have to watch it on replay.

15. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Acosta has a groin injury.

the hardest part about last night was fighting the urge to talk about the game and add "but..."

Colorado is horrid. The Javi/Mauro duo was neat, but I'm pretty sure El Jefe and I could run around making 1-2 passing triangles against a team of traffic cones. I just don't know how much one can take away from this game.

That said Dallas is now not just back in 6th, they're tied on points with RSL for 5th. crazy.

16. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My thoughts exactly. It was hard to take anything from this game. 2 early goals and we basically didn't know whether to keep destroying them or just play keep away for 80 minutes. We chose the latter. Should've still had 2 more goals, at least. However, when I watched the highlights again this morning, the defending (especially on the 1st goal) was so bad that you can't really take any positives from it besides "hey at least we hit the target." I still saw lots of stupid mistakes from Matt and Atiba which would've led to goals against any other team that actually came to win.

Colorado is really shit-rotten. Down 2 goals after the first 10 minutes, they were already back on the plane in spirit (possibly flying Spirit). Orlando will be a much tougher ask. That being said, I was slightly encouraged by Morales playing the link role. I'm still going to cringe when he plays against a team with any kind of speed or skill.

The other results went our way. Despite LA blowing a 2 goal lead in Houston, they still ended in a draw. San Jose got their ass kicked at home against our old enemy. We go again. Shockingly, we're only 7 points out of 1st place.

TCS35 repped this.
  17. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point it was good to get a win against anybody. The slack play of Hedges and Harris was troubling. This is the kind of crap that has put us in the hole against better teams. And WTF was that non-play by Jesse near the end of the game the forced him to make a save at the edge of the area?
    Fox News Alert: No players kneeled during the National Anthem.
    Fox News Alert: They possibly didn't kneel because they couldn't recognize Country Music Guy's rendition of the song as the National Anthem.
    Is it more disrespectful to not stand during the National Anthem, or to be a professional singer and screw up the tune and the words while singing it?

TCS35 repped this.
  18. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Holy crap, I almost forgot about that guy! I just remember shaking my head thinking "we can't even get the f ucking anthem down at this point..."

Don't even get me started on his horrible rendition of Deep in the Hearth of Texas.

19. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember judging how the team would play by how bad the singer was. I was worried after his performance. Does this mean Roseanne Barr is next?