07/4: Broad Stripes and Bright Stars: FCD vs Atlanta [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jul 4, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: FC Dallas vs Atlanta United FC
    Date: Wednesday, July 4th
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 93, L 74
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: W-D-L-W-D [All Competitions]
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | Fox Sports South [Dixie] | ESPN+ [Out of Market]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Was ready to write a 10 page paper on how we have no cutting edge and no x-factor and then Tesho comes on the field and totally saves the day. Wow! What an ending. So sloppy and disappointing throughout the 2nd half and then boom! Smacked them right in the mouth.

3. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Just got home from it. Wow what a night!

I leaned over to my buddy after Tesho came on and said that this change probably wouldn't be very effective because Tesho hasn't done anything of note in a while and questioned why he was still even here. Well, I guess he shut me up and showed indeed why he's still wearing FCD colors. Well played, Tesho.

Massive victory tonight, especially with SKC losing and LA dropping more points at home.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team has been the points leader for 3 out of the last 3.5 years. Only the collapse at the last half of last year keeps them from being a continuous leader over 3.5 years. There are signs that they aren't the best team this year but the apparent left back signing could alleviate one problem and if they capture the white whale forward they've been after for a few years they could finally have the team to capture the illusive MLS Cup title.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We definitely need someone to replace Diaz as an "x-factor" of sorts. Barrios continues to be hot trash. Fig is way past it. Hollingshead is hot/cold. Gruezo drives me bananas every game but he can be effective in the right state of mind.

So I look at us sitting in 1st place in the West and think, how? The best thing about Pareja teams is they usually find a way to win. I just fear that without a few upgrades and reinforcements, we are going to fizzle out down the stretch.

6. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We looked great until we scored the first goal. Seemed like we stopped pressuring their back line when they had the ball when we got up 1-0. Second half, we didn't look like a team that was accustomed to playing in hot weather. Couldn't even make simple passes. Ulloa was particularly awful. Both of Atlanta's goals were what I feared from them - quick runs and through balls by them, slow reaction from us.
    Then Tesho (?!?!?) with the help of an awesome outside of the foot back to goal through ball from Urruti saves us.
    Great win, but it would be nice to play a more complete game.

7. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I have no use for Tesho then he does that. I'm pretty much done with Barrios. Bring on the Ghanians or bring back Reid from loan. I do wonder if Tesho is going to push Coleman out as well. I'm also surprised that Hayes has totally disappeared. He has far better passing than Ulloa.

Still not convinced by this team but even though they win ugly a lot they keep winning. Go figure.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh, one more thing. I know many have mentioned it in the past but I have to say it again: Maxi does so much work on the field. Tireless running, pressing every play, getting into dangerous positions (sometimes solo). All these years later and Portland still look like fools for letting him go.

TCS35 and Bosanski Bomber repped this.
  9. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can’t wait to get back to civilization so I can watch the Hoops.
    I didn’t see the Tesho goal so I’ll hold onto my “sell” rating for him :)