07/14: 300: FCD vs Chicago [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Jul 14, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: FC Dallas vs Chicago Fire
    Date: Saturday, July 14th
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 96, L 78
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: L-L-W-D-D
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | ESPN+ [Out of Market]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

The old enemy this week for a much needed 300th club win.

2. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Why is Hayes not getting any minutes lately? He was our best CM before the World Cup break.

Mosquera as a #10 is interesting, but it's worrying for Pomykal that he's not getting opportunities in games like this against mid-table teams at home with Diaz gone. Almost certain that someone else is coming in and he's going out on loan, if not leaving permanently.

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCD was clearly the better team tonight, but it wasn't until they got the man advantage that they were able to put the game away.

A few thoughts:

1. Man, Barrios is snakebit right now.

2. This was the most possession I've seen FCD have in a while. Of course it was against a Fire team who were rolling in as the road team, having played on Wednesday night, but hey, I'll take it.

3. I liked what Mosquera was doing out there tonight. I'm not sure that he's a real #10, but he was able to help FCD maintain possession and stretch out the Fire defensively.

4. Good to see Pomykal and Ferreira get minutes. Shame that Ferreira gave the Lone Construction Worker one last ball to shag right there at the end.

4. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Cannon deserves a shout-out as well @ElJefe. Another strong showing from him, he's bound to get a look-at for the USMNT at some point if he keeps playing at this level. Just worried we may run him into the ground with all the PT he's been getting this year.

Barrios is struggling badly with his end product, but he continues to play because he's keeping his head up to work hard for the team and still gets into good positions. Hopefully his drought will end sooner than later and he'll get his mojo back, this team could be a bigger force going forward with a confident Barrios on the right with Reggie behind him.

Acosta finally produced some of the quality we know he possesses, hopefully at least he's getting closer to his old form. Good cameo off the bench and probably in the equation for a start at that orange mob next week.

Mosquera did alright as a 10, I like what Papi said afterwards about using his movement towards the flanks to create isolations. In that sense, he could work in that role, but it's not his natural spot and we lack creativity from the middle when he drifts wide. I'm still convinced we're bringing someone in at some point.

Pomykal looked good, you could tell he's someone who's fighting to keep his spot here and get on the pitch more. Shame he didn't get that assist at the end and shame for Ferreira, but at least the experience will help them grow and improve. They need more of this exposure.

All in all solid weekend with a lot of the rivals dropping points. Now onto back-to-back tough roadies and 5 of the next 7 away from home. Gonna be a tough stretch.

Pegasus repped this.
  5. FC Dallas 1

FC Dallas 1 Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Cannon was awesome last night.

Pleasant surprise Paxton was at game. Early announcement said he was out for U20 camp. He came on and played very good. It looked like they called his number before the 3rd goal. Hopefully that’s a good sign going forward for him.

Jesus did well and looks like he belongs. He did miss a chance I’ve seen him score 9 out of 10 times in academy. This was just that one time.

Atleast these 2 can trap and pass. The balls we lost through the midfield and forward we’re not good and the kids would get blasted for it. But since it’s veterans I gues it’s ok.

Hopefully servania gets his chance back here with paxton and Jesus soon

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen Pax before at this level and know he just needs minutes to become a starter. Jesus impressed me with his work rate and physicality. He and Maxi together were a nightmare for their tired defenders. With Diaz gone both Pax and Jesus move up a notch at least until they bring in replacements. They could leave Mosquera outside and have Pomykal play a #20 or leave Mosquera at that spot and Jesus may be the first winger off the bench if he shows better than the two rookie Ghanians and Tesho. Practice hard, get some minutes and play like last night and force the issue.

7. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How come the blue seats were empty again? Weren't they open before?

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They haven't been opened yet, save for a one-time opportunity to sell them to Zlatanoholics when the Gals came to town.

9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were also opened up for Atlanta and the 4th of July game. So at the moment whenever they sell the other seats out. Hey congrats on the 300th win and even more impressive is the surprising fact FCD did it second fastest after LA Galaxy. Surprising because even as a longtime fan I had no idea we were the second winningest team in MLS. Oh, and FCD quit with the adds on the southern TV screens. Us Beer Guardian types would also like to see replays and somesuch instead off adds to buy HOF seats.

10. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got 3 goals on these guys and controlled the game as we should have, as they were without Schweini and Dax. Man there were a lot of disappointed Schweini fans at the game judging by the more than normal amount of German and Bayern Munich jerseys.
    From where I sat, Acosta's shot was tremendous. It had a little bend at the end of it that took it just inside the far post.
    Strangest thing about this game was our goal scorers: Gruezo, Acosta, and Ziegler (PK). No goals from any of our "attacking" players, though Maxi drew the foul for the PK.
    Hooray the Brimstone Cup is back!
    Now for Dynablow and SporK on the road before we come back home. A win against Dynablow would be nice for many reasons, but also because it will cushion the blow of our usual loss at SporK.

11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Learning more about how Schweini and Dax didn't even make the trip and their two top goal scorers didn't start takes some shine off the win. I still liked the way they played and really liked how Ferreira and Pomykal looked when they came on. Still something seems off but if Barrios and Acosta can get back to where they were and a real big time scorer or new #10 is acquired then watch out. The possible #10 i'm a bit mixed about because it would hinder Pax's progress so I'm rooting more for a real scorer - a 15-20+ goals per year center forward beast that the team has never had.

12. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the same. I sit on the west and in this game the second half was our defending goal where my seats are. I told my wife at about the 35 minute mark I was excited to see him on our flank during the second half.

13. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, I was disappointed there were no replays on those. However, I'm never impressed by the replays in the stadium anyway. I know it's likely to keep the stands calm, but they never show anything but goals really. No yellow/red foul replays, no controversial content, questionable calls, seems like just goals. I record the games to go back to and see things from a different angle, but more often then not I just find myself going straight to those items.