06/2: Hating Hollywood: FCD vs LAFC [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, May 30, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2018-5-30_12-13-2.jpeg

Game: FC Dallas vs Los Angeles FC
    Date: Saturday, June 2nd
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 103, L 78
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: D-L-D-W-D
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | YouTube TV [Los Angeles] | ESPN+ [Out of Market]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

Starting this thread now because I'm leaving town tomorrow and yes, I'm in a hurry and can't think of a better thread title.

2. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fire in the picture is perfect, going to be the hottest game of the year. Zimmerman is returning from national team duty, I was hoping he would be missing. Looks like we rested some legs last night (Mosquera, Lahmah, Hayes) for this match. My thought is the heat will get to LAFC, hopefully not us considering how bad we are in the final 15 defensively.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well .... OP seemed to have a problem with Zimmerman and should know his weaknesses. Can our players take advantage? How about not play high crosses near him as he will win every one. Quick and fast is more his weakness Mosquera and Lamah being saved seems smart. They are also missing Vela who looked good in our previous game with them. May be Nguyen gets unleashed back home in the Metroplex.

4. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    How much is Papa John's paying Tyler Miller?

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    3 wins in just over a week. Top of the west and 3rd overall. Hope our good form survives the WC break.

7. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone catch that Diaz tackle early in the game. Pareja has instituted an everyone plays defense program and at least Diaz is buying in. He's also rotating and keeping everyone involved. I imagine practices are fierce and much improved from last year. Acosta and Gonzalez still look a bit rusty which means there is still a lot of room for improvement. That's a nice thing to think of after they just got 9 out of 9 points with two of those on the road. Hey Lindstrom - FCD is flipping your win at home tie on the road slogan (except for this game).

8. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Acosta was lethargic, I get that he's still working back to full fitness but I don't think he should be starting over Hayes who is our best midfielder atm. The defense was near excellent, Ryan's making a solid case for himself right now to keep that LB spot his even when Ned is back.

The switch to a 4-3-3 has stabilized and improved the team's play in possession as well as the ability to deal with and play in transitions. I always wondered why Papi didn't try it out more in previous seasons because it seemed like it suited the makeup of this team to a tee but better late than never I guess. It's working now and everything is still a work in progress so the best is yet to come, which is encouraging.

TxEx repped this.
  9. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine that Acosta isn't as fit as we'd all like and playing after a few days rest in that oven didn't help but didn't he start all three games we just won? He looks like he's getting there as is Gonzalez who's also coming back from injury. Hayes looks better in small spaces while Acosta is more of a mid to long range passer to switch things up. The good thing is with their four man rotation with Servania pushing to be included they all can get lots of minutes, not worry about being overloaded and the coach can tailor their individual abilities for each game plan.