05/6: Javi Nice Day: RSL vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, May 5, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Real Salt Lake vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, May 6th
    Time: 8:30 PM [CST]
    Location: Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy, Utah, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 80, L 55
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 for Opponent: L-L-W-W-L
    Record & Standing of Opponent: 2-5-2 | 8 pts | 8th in the West (17th overall)
    Live TV: TXA-21; FCDallas.com [DFW Only]; Direct Kick/MLSLive
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

ElJefe repped this.
  2. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    3 points

Col-man watch continues. 0 for every chance.

Gonzalez.... awesome. But there's time wasting and there's annoyance. He will make a wonderful Liga MX/ El Tri keeper one day. He has the fake injury/ time wasting down to a science.

3. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Another strong Urruti game. FCDs mvp up to this point.

Colman has the athletic attributes, but man...he needs to get his thinking up to game speed. Guy puts himself in good positions but when he has to make quick decisions about what to do with the ball, he just spins the roulette wheel.

Maynor had a really good game. He is under appreciated, imo.

Good bounce-back game from Jesse G.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colman isn't exactly playing himself off the bench right now.

And it's a little disappointing that Papi didn't bring in Javi Morales for the third sub. Yeah, yeah, I know: Atiba Harris made more sense from a tactical standpoint, but #GoodGuyAtiba probably would've wanted Javi to get the curtain call in his old stomping grounds.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My first thought on seeing Urruti's second goal was that Colman could really use that kind of luck. It was a pretty decent play to get the chance, but the initial shot itself was kinda flubbed. But he got a pretty ridiculous bounce and the ball was at his feet for a second chance and a tap in. Exactly the kind of thing Colman needs, but hasn't been happening for him. I still have this feeling (that I can no longer justify with real world facts) that Colman is going to come good and score a bunch of goals.

7. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Colman had three clear chances yesterday and flubbed them all. One was a perfectly placed cross that reached him as he was unmarked which he somehow made a mess of. The other two he made in transition via strong runs at goal. One he created with hard defensive work and the other was a combination of his strong run up the field and good transition distribution. Dude should have messed around and got a hat trick.

Colman had one of those "lucky" bounces not too long ago, which he subsequently turned into kicking the post rather than making it look easy like Urruti did.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everyone is making a way bigger deal out of this chance than it really was. There was no way he (or anyone) would catch up with the ball and he tried in vein to just desperately kick at it and ended up hitting the post. He wasn't like some blubbering idiot who had a wide open net and haplessly kicked the post instead of the ball.

9. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... well, so much for that thread title...

RSL fans wanted to see their former player come off the bench and play one last time. OP gave them what they wished for: Atiba Harris. For real, though, an old guy at altitude in a game we've got wrapped up? No, thanks. Save those legs for NYCACBCDCECFCEIEIO at home.

A 3-0 win on the road in MLS is huge. I don't care how many starters Royal Salt Lake was missing. My MOTM was Hedges today. Nice game regardless of the goal, but the goal sealed it.

Watching the other teams' announcers week-in and week-out gets terribly old. RSL's guys complaining for 90 minutes about the referee was just painful. Of course redirecting the ball with your arm after you get nutmegged is a penalty kick. Yes, Dallas is time-wasting because they're up 3-nil. No, Hedges did not push off the defender to score the goal. No, you do not deserve to see Morales play.

burning247 repped this.
  10. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    The consistent theme is one of "blubbering idiocy" thus far. Open chances, sitters, open nets...all flubbed. Horribly flubbed.

Despite the egregious flubbery last weekend, he did play a better game. He is finding his role. So there is hope, but im not about to lie to my own eyes as to what i am seeing.

11. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've always been impressed with Jesse's commitment to time-wasting, even in the first games he ever played with FCD's first team. Somebody should make him watch a game and keep track of the time he wastes. It's really only a few seconds here and there which doesn't add up to much. But I guess it irritates the opposition which must be good for something.
    Colman's failures to score were irritating, but he had the flick-on header that led to Maxi's last goal. He's working hard to make himself available to receive passes and contributes to our time of possession in the offensive end. Even though he's in a funk, he seems to have a good attitude. On Hedges' goal and Maxi's last goal, he was the first one to congratulate the scorer. I'm for giving him more opportunities.