05/30: Hollywood Ending: LAG vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, May 29, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2018-5-29_10-2-58.jpeg

Game: Los Angeles Galaxy vs FC Dallas
    Date: Wednesday, May 30th
    Time: 9:30 PM [CST]
    Location: StubHub Center, Carson, California, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloud; H 67, L 61
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: W-W-L-L-L
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | Spectrum SportsNet Los Angeles [Los Angeles] | ESPN+ [Out of Market]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So is Ibra going to play or is he still suspended? Without Hedges that will end badly.

3. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Zlatan is supposed to be available. No Hedges and no Big Ned will make this one difficult. Maybe this should be one of those games where Papi starts youngsters and benchwarmers like Colman and Tesho.

4. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Anyone going to the game? For the first time in my life work takes me to an away game and I'm free to go!
    Who should I annoy first?

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, Ibra can cause some damage to a makeshift center defense but LA is nothing special. These are still points for the taking under the right game plan.

6. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Jesse
    Cannon - Ziegler - Figueroa - Hollingshead
    Hayes - Ulloa - Gruezo
    Mosquera - Urruti - Lamah
    Would like to see the above play tonight unless Papi rolls out with a makeshift lineup with LAFC on his mind as suggested above.

Two left footers in central defense given that there's no one else with any experience who could slot in there up against Ibra but it gives Ryan a chance to start for once at least. Gruezo over Acosta is a debatable one, but I'd ease Kellyn back in and Carlos should play more than he has done lately imo. Lamah instead of Barrios because he's simply the hotter hand right now and scored 2 against these guys the other week.

I'd be happy to get a draw out of this, but a win is certainly achievable. LA hasn't been that impressive that season and they just lost their Mexican duo to El Tri so they'll be less armed in comparison to the last meeting. All depends on how Papi approaches this one, for me.

7. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HT - FCD up 2-0 in Carson. A goal and an assist for Hollingshead and a goal from Colman. Good start but they can't have a repeat of that Vancouver disaster.

8. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...or a repeat of the near-disaster at home against the Galaxy the week before, for that matter.

Easton FC repped this.
  9. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's halftime, and we're up 2-0, and it's past my bedtime. We're beating them all over the field. LA's only player that looks better than us is Alessandrini. Hollingshead is having a massive game. Assuming the scoreline holds, I'd like to see Diaz, Barrios, and a defender subbed off early in the second half to preserve the legs for the weekend, especially with all the travel.

10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh look, a phantom red card for Colman and magically 8 minutes of stoppage time for the Gals.

3-1 with about 5 minutes left.

11. Easton FC

Easton FC Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Jul 18, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-2 final in FCD's favor. That Colman red card was absolutely stupid and the DC should rescind that card fairly quickly. He had been cramping up and FCD was about to make a sub so why LA tried to bum rush him to get off the field was totally unnecessary. The ref was the one who caused that ruckus to get out of hand in the first place and he, himself, should be disciplined for that lack of pitch control.

12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Referee was a f ucking joke, but this is MLS after all. Zlatan did a textbook yellow card dive shortly before he scored. Instead of calling him on the dive and giving him a deserved yellow, the ref just told him to get up. Well, he got up and scored shortly after. Ridiculous but so is 22 minutes of (announced) stoppage time in the last 3 games combined. We really need to take a long look at our gamesmanship. I know it's necessary in spots but the refs/league are clearly taking aim at us. There is no way there was as much stoppage as was added on in the last 3 games.

Oh well, 6 points from a short week at BMO and StubHub is gold. Very proud and hope we can improve our home form a bit.

13. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The time wasting needs to be rethought. I think the jig is up. If it were an effective tactic to help us win games I would be all for it. But when we do it (especially Jesse) everybody in the stadium knows what's up. If we waste 10 seconds the ref is adding 20. I don't think it's effective. We aren't actually wasting "time", we're just disrupting the flow of the game and getting the opposition fired up. I think it's a net loss and we should stop doing it.

14. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I disagree. Time wasting is a tried and true method for achieving the disruption of gameflow for opposing teams across CONCACAF. Even the Liga MX teams do it.

LAG gets a gift red card, so I have zero problems with FCD time wasting the hell out of them.

15. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time wasting is OK up to a point but keeping the ball and wasting time in the corners like they used to be able to do is much more effective. Mix all three and finishing off games is fixed.

16. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Nothing wrong with time wasting at the end of games to try and protect a result, all teams at all levels of the sport do it at some point. One of the main criticisms of this team the last few years has been naivety and inability to grind out tight games, now that they're finding ways to do that it's supposedly immoral. Are there better ways to do it? Perhaps, but as long as the end result is 3 points, I don't think its effectiveness can be argued against. Besides, they've only been doing this on the road so far so it's not as bad as it's being made out.

Didn't see this one because ESPN+ decided to black out the game :rolleyes: but always nice to get a win over these guys and with 3 goals on the road to boot. The red card was a joke but thankfully it was rescinded. Already as many wins on the road this year as there was in all of 2017 while maintaining an unbeaten run at home so far too, pretty solid all things considered. Hopefully it continues.