05/25: Ring of Fire: Chicago vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, May 25, 2017.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Chicago Fire vs FC Dallas
    Date: Thursday, May 25th
    Time: 7:30 PM [CST]
    Location: Toyota Park, Bridgeview, Illinois, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Overcast; H 64, L 52
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 for Opponent: W-W-W-D-L
    Record & Standing of Opponent: 6-3-3 | 21 pts | 2nd in the East (3rd overall)
    Live TV: fcdallas.com [DFW]; Direct Kick [Out of Town]; MLSLive [Out of Town]
    Radio: KWRD 100.7 FM [English]; KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

After last weekend's f uckery and Chicago's improvement this season, I'm a little nervous about this one. Also, thanks to this being online only and having to work late, probably not going to be able to watch it.

2. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    Hopefully the team has a bounce-back game. It would be nice to get 3 points here, but a draw is positive as well.

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That first half went about as well as you might've expected with that lineup.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't even with that stream anymore. Terrible buffering every 2 seconds. I'm just going to keep an eye on the score.

Also, holy crap Chicago have fallen far from the days of a bouncing Solider Field. Their atmosphere consists of one little girl screaming over and over. I know it's rare that we have room to talk but it's pretty bad.

6. schlomo

schlomo Red Card

F.C. Dallas
    United States
    Apr 6, 2017
    That was the worst game i have seen from FCD in a while.

It looked like they weren't really all that interested in putting forth any effort.

7. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the lineup we ran out there did pretty well, actually. Against a pretty decent Chicago side at their place, the subs did OK. They lost, which is totally unacceptable, but they dominated possession for long stretches. If somebody had stepped up to Accam instead of letting him run free 25yds from goal, it would have been a 1-1 draw.

Colman with the assist and Lamah with the goal, by the way, so we can't really complain about those guys this week.

8. SeventhRowScreamer

Jan 26, 2007
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the highlights I saw, it looked like an obvious case of Oscar sandbagging. I can't tell who he's sandbagging but That's definitely what happened.

9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Guess Oscar would rather make sure we beat the orange scum at our house instead of the old enemy at their camp.

10. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    I dunno if it was sandbagging as much as a legit opportunity to really see how deep this roster is. Truth be told, the real difference wasn't in attack - where the team looked about the same (missing chances created) - but in defense. This has been the club's best defense in 20+ season and the change up quickly revealed itself.

Ulloa mysteriously fails to track his mark storming into the box on the first goal, and the team's worst defender - Atiba Harris - actually showing Accam onto his preferred shot for the 2nd goal.

This team has problems in attack - no doubt - but Thursday's bonk was a few defensive farts we've not seen this season to date.

Tonight vs Houston - I'm guessing we're going to see Oscar continue to try to find ways to wake up this milquetoast attack. Maybe back to the 4-4-2.