05/25: Long Weekend: Toronto vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, May 24, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Toronto FC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Friday, May 25th
    Time: 7:00 PM [CST]
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloud; H 75, L 59
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Last 5 For Opponent: W-L-L-W-D
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | TSN 1/3/4/5 [Canada] | ESPN+ [Out of Market]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

ElJefe repped this.
  2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Will someone with super mod powers change the thread title to "05/25"

upload_2018-5-24_13-4-59.jpeg

ElJefe repped this.
  3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, FCD draws SA for their opening US Open Cup game and has to travel to SA to play. Nothing against all the Texas teams but I think it would be more interesting if we didn't play the same teams every year. I get why (travel) but it doesn't translate into a national event to play basically the same 3-4 teams until moving on to either KC or Houston in later rounds. Perhaps they should approach it more like the NCAA Basketball Tourny and have occasional weekend where four teams play in one spot and one team emerges. First round could be in pre-season.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done.

Rep for the Wheelchair Jimmy pic.

5. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Starting lineups:
    Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 4.33.46 PM.png
    I'm thinking that FCD comes home with 3 points. We may be a better road team than home team this season since we haven't figured out how to break a bunkering team. Plus we have a Diaz-less starting lineup tonight with Jacori, Kellyn, and Vic starting in the midfield. Definitely NOT what Toronto has game-planned for.

Also, happy birthday Jesse! He gets the start.

My prediction: 3-1 FC Dallas.
    Goals: Urruti, Mosquera, & Lamah off the bench + a Giovinco penalty.
    Assists: Hayes & Barrios

6. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That ref was clearly in TFC's pocket all night, starting with the no-contact penalty kick. And then SEVEN minutes of stoppage in the second half, plus I think every single FCD player got a yellow for time wasting, even when they weren't the one taking the kick.

And we still won, so suck it ref.

7. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't count on the cat in goal stopping the PK (or Mos and Lamah not scoring...).

8. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    7 minutes of stoppages today was even more ridiculous than the 7 awarded last week, not sure where these refs are getting all that time from. At least this time they managed to hold on despite the late scare.

I like the look of this 4-3-3, looked much more solid overall defensively with that extra protection in midfield and Jesse in goal. Just put Nedyalkov in for Fig when he's back and that's the team I'd roll with for these tough away games to try and grind out the result.

9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, the guys straight up stole those points. Makes up for last week’s debacle, I guess.

The down side is no Cap’n Matt on Wednesday night in LA.

10. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    When that BS penalty was called I was looking at my hands and waiting for glitter to shoot out of them.

11. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barrios has caught the Colman disease.
    If I'm the Advocare guy sponsoring FCD, I'm not happy about all the guys lying on the ground IN TORONTO with "leg cramps."

ivannomad and TCS35 repped this.
  12. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great win. Some of the gamesmanship made me roll my eyes but after last weekend's screw job, this mickey mouse league can suck it.

I think it's safe to say that Barrios is Colman #2 and Jesse is GK #1.

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad news about Ned. He's out 6 weeks or so with a broken collarbone. So no Ned or Hedges at LAG. If the huge Swede plays he may score 3 or more with Hedges missing. So big question is who mans the left back spot the next six-8 weeks? Has Hollingshead stock dropped? Is Figueroa past it at left back? Could a wild card be Acosta since center mid depth is a team strength?

14. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'd honestly love to see Acosta over there with Hayes in the middle and Servenia on the left CM. Though I imagine they'll roll with Hollingshead but if Servenia really has impressed as much as has been said that's a huge progressive from Pareja.

15. BearcatSA

BearcatSA Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Canada
    The Diaz yellow card for time wasting should be reviewed and rescinded. Two TFC players were encroaching and he pointed it out to the ref while waiting to take the kick. I'd be yelling, "Ten yards, ref!" too before taking the kick

I realize there was a fair bit of gamesmanship going on, but the ref lost his emotional grasp of the match and starting flashing cards too late in the game in an attempt to get back control like a weak sub teacher trying to show who's in charge in an unruly junior high class.

The penalty was weak.

Cowtown Felipe repped this.
  16. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Please sell Mauro for a bag of balls in July.
    His 20 minutes were an embarrassing display of exactly why Pareja has lost all faith in him.

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #17 ElJefe, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    You and Matt "Mauro Díaz is a magic unicorn" Doyle are the two ends of Mauro Díaz spectrum.

Y'all are both right. He's the player that served up three assists against LA two weeks ago, and he's also the player that was a giveaway-near-his-own-box machine Friday night. And that's why Pareja is losing confidence in Díaz, because he just doesn't know what he's gonna get out of Díaz from week to week.

18. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the Mauro situation is an ongoing discussion, but in THIS case it was a terrible decision by Pareja to bring him in at all in that situation, let alone bring him in to play up top. I haven't said this often, but either Colman or Tesho would have been better choices by far. So for this particular 10 minutes of ineffectiveness I'm going to give Mauro a pass.

19. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you need a guy to chase the ball and play defense, Mauro is sure as hell not that guy. Damn near anyone is a better choice for those tasks than Mauro.
    Anyone else notice the goalkeeper's jersey color clashes the last few weeks? Jesse's white, grey, and fluorescent yellow shirt wasn't very distictive from the FCD away jerseys. In the Vancouver game, their GK had a brick red jersey - not too distinctive from FCD's home mostly red jerseys. I've heard the league office tells the teams including GKs what they're to wear every week. Seems like another piece of MLS amateurism that they can't get jersey colors not to clash.

20. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Pomykal really is one of the best of his age group then considering what Pulisic and McKennie have did at his age he should start really pressing for time. He should blow away the argument that FCD wouldn't have given McKennie playing time had he stayed here. I am going to really start paying attention to Buzz's practice reports and hope he starts really keying in on Pomykal and Ferreira (and perhaps Richards once he's eligible) to see if they are deserving minutes. I don't want the Cannon experience from last year repeated. If they're good enough they're old enough.

TxEx, Rufiolo and TCS35 repped this.
  21. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm hoping Pomykal's run out versus Tigres will lead to an Open Cup start which will get him back on the bench and then taking minutes somewhere.

22. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Buzz at Third Degree/DMN had a great write up on that game and it seems that Pomykal looked great but needs more time to get fit.