05/16: Blood Banc: LAFC vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, May 14, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2019-5-14_14-3-41.jpeg

Game: Los Angeles FC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Thursday, May 16th
    Time: 9:00 pm
    Location: Banc of California Stadium, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: AM Rain; H 65, L 54
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Opponent's Recent Form: W-D-D-W-L
    Live TV: ESPN 2 [USA] | ESPN Deportes [USA] | WatchESPN [USA] | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

Just close your eyes, and it'll be over soon...

2. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Circle the wagons, park the bus, play for the counter, and hope for the best?

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't watch LAFC this year but so far they seem head and shoulders the best team. It sure seems a two game ass whipping is coming for us. Even if we had everybody here and healthy this would be tough but with players at U20WC and injured we are in real trouble.

4. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I hope y'all weren't getting too used to having Barrios back in the lineup.

LAFC deserved the three points, but man, did FCD get boned hard (again) by Alan Chapman and whatever dipshit was the VAR in this match.

5. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zero shots on goal. That is... not ideal.

6. VivaIslamico

VivaIslamico Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I turned this one off after their first goal. I am entirely unsurprised that we ended with zero shots on goal. Away to LAFC is certainly the worst case scenario, but with the lineup we had it's hard expect much more. This lineup minus Barrios is terrifying.

Side note, I think I'm done with Jacori Hayes. It's been a long time since he inspired me with any confidence.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I know I just need to look it up but can someone tell me how many assists Pablo has had since coming on this team? I know it's 0 goals, so the assists (if they exist) is all I'd need to make my next point: what the holy f uck did we buy? I've been defending him saying he just needs time for too long now. When he was clear on goal with just one defender on his back, I almost jumped through the TV to strangle him when he decided to yell at the ref for a slight nudge instead of attempting a shot on goal. Absolute horseshit and deserves to sit (if only we had depth). The rest of it went as predicted. I actually thought we looked much better in the 2nd half and gave them a lot of problems. We're toothless so it didn't amount to anything but at least we weren't pinned back all game.

8. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    #9 Hitman, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    zero

Stats w/out context are stupid. (that's not a shot at your Cow, but those who throw out a stat without understanding ) Here's Hayes' passing chart

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.16.03 PM.png

Now, here's Blessing's:

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.29.43 PM.png

Playing somewhat similar positions Luchi is asking Hayes to be a connector and while he had a very high percentage rate, almost all of them are backwards, lateral or not into dangerous positions. Blessing has 6 "key passes" (5 of which are in Zone 14" - Hayes got uh, well, not so much.

10. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm holding out hope that Servania gets Hayes's minutes in the second half of the season as he's bigger, more physical and more dynamic. They may be playing him at NTSC to get a lot of 90 minute repetitions in preparation for a Gruezo move.

11. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's was kind of my point. I've watched games and seen high Audi ratings for players who didn't seem to do much. Sometimes the ratings point out some important contributions not noticed during the game. Sometimes (like Hayes in this game) the high rating is due to a big pile of very minimal contributions.

12. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It sort of reminds me of the pro tennis rankings points system, where a player can rack up a ton of points by doing well in minor tournaments that might have light participation from the top players on the tour. Then that player, having racked up all these points and risen up the rankings, gets to a Grand Slam tournament and gets a high seed based on that ranking.

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess on a team with more dynamic players Hayes would be a connector. On FCD missing Barrios and Pomykal Hayes needs to add more to the offense than just short safe passes. Of course I don't know what the coach is telling him.