04/14: Road Warriors: New England vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It also says a lot about us long suffering fans who are used to this.

EricSunRa repped this.
  2. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Then get behind him. Transfers are not going to happen at this stage, so let's enjoy baby stepping with Colman. I am hugely disappointed with Colman, but he's our guy and we NEED him to step up his game.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, then a new drinking game it is! Every time he misses an easy finish have a toast!

EricSunRa repped this.
  4. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    there is no "step up" - you're looking at peak Colman.

pareja is in a spot. to get diaz on the field, there is no formation that also includes Colman and Urruti that doesn't also ask Mauro to do defensive work he's largely allergic to. To get C/U both on the field, he has to take Diaz off the field. (see last week)

unfortunately, Urruti appears to have become a different variation of Colman, a hard worker (in a different way) who just can't finish. So now Pareja has a pair of these problems.

go team

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2018-4-19_9-25-54.jpeg

Think Maxi is way more likely to shake that shit off and get back into form. We've seen him score some ridiculous goals since he joined. He's got the skill, just in a bit of a slump.

EricSunRa repped this.
  6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps Pareja can instill in Maxi that if he wants to stay on the field he needs to pick his spots to come back into midfield and stay up top stretching and the defense more.

7. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Think it’s more than just a “bit of a slump”

3 goals in ~1900 minutes

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I can't really explain that. We used to blame it on the "transfer rumors" from last season but we can't even say that anymore.

9. EricSunRa

EricSunRa Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    Sep 29, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    We all have opinions. I'm not sure that Colman has settled in and is at his best. He's certainly been given a chance, but some strikers just bloom late. Look at Wondolowski. In his first 24 games, he scored 2 goals. Colman is at 26 and 3 goals. It took Wondo 29 more league games and a total of 5 years to become a consistent goal threat.

So, I'm not going to say that this is peak Colman. The real problem is that Wondolowski was making $34k in his first 5 seasons, and Colman is making 300K. In case you were wondering, Wondo was on $600k by 2013 and $800k today.

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, if Pareja is in a situation where he can only start two out of Colmán, Diaz, and Urruti, then Colmán and Diaz it is IMHO.

I’m not especially enamored with Colmán and I would gladly replace him in a second with any competent striker who could score on a consistent basis, but Urruti is currently not that player and has not been that player for nine months now.

Which, as you say, is where this club is now.