03/16: The (Village) People's Club: Columbus vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Mar 14, 2019.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    upload_2019-3-14_10-9-8.jpeg

Game: Columbus Crew vs FC Dallas
    Date: Saturday, March 16th
    Time: 1:00 PM [CST]
    Location: Mapfre Stadium, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 39, L 25
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Recent Form: D-W
    Live TV: KTXA-21 [DFW] | KAMR-4.2 [Amarillo] | KMYL-22.2 [Lubbock] | KFXK-51.2 [Tyler] | KFDX-28.2 (KJBO) [Wichita Falls] | Fox Sports Ohio [Ohio] | ESPN+ [Out of Market - USA] | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | KFLC 1270 AM La Voz del Pueblo [Spanish]

2. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve always thought that if their crest. I’ve never felt Columbus is some big union worker town so never got their crest. Of course there were a lot of stupid ones in year one.

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The big question is how will Luchi respond to the touchline hysterics of that preening schmuck Caleb Porter.

Oh sure, one can ask questions about how the team will respond in their first road match of the season against a good, well-coached team, but what everyone wants to know is if he'll have a box of Kleenex on hand.

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    SO many...

upload_2019-3-14_15-9-59.png
    upload_2019-3-14_15-11-9.png
    upload_2019-3-14_15-14-23.png

5. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd prefer Metro Stars to Red Bulls.
    I remember the day I was driving to work and heard the guys on the Ticket laughing like crazy about the new MLS team names. I remember thinking, "Why does soccer in the US do cr&p like this that begs non-soccer fans to make even more fun of soccer than they already do?"
    Tampa Bay Mutiny and KC Wiz tie for the worst team names I've ever heard in any sport.

TrueCrew repped this.
  6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There's a whole piece on it somewhere on the interwebs (SI?). Apparently Nike was in charge of the branding of the league's launch and they felt like it was a "counter-culture" movement that would support soccer in the USA, so they made logos in that regard. In hindsight, madness; but I was born in '85 so the mid-90's are a little fuzzy for me.

7. ivannomad

ivannomad Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Tyler, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Knee Jerk reactions.

Is it a coincidence that the first three letters of Badji are B-A-D? Perhaps go with a starter with a name historically associate with saving.

Is this the historic high number of Dallas players who are also blonde? (Real or otherwise).

The Bryan Acosta experiment is a failure (Yeah, I know what I wrote last week). He should have seen red twice. Bad judgement on multiple tackles. Didn’t seem creative.

Reggie Cannon might be important to this team.

Hollingshead: The most dangerous striker?o_O

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Start Ferreira. How many non-scoring forwards are we going to stick with?

9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Piss poor all around.

10. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twenty years into watching this team, I'm starting to notice a pattern...

11. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A generally subpar performance, but Columbus is a good team with good players and good coaching and FCD was in their house. Honestly, this one could've ended 0-0 or 1-1, but Columbus finished their chance and FCD didn't.

Pomykal continues to impress both ways. That through-ball to Barrios was sex.

Acosta was damn lucky to exit the game through substitution instead of through red card... twice.

Not Mosquera's best performance, but I'd call it an exception that defines the rule.

One of the Baerantees sent to MLS Extratime radio was that Jesus Ferreira would be a starting forward by midseason. It's not like he set the game on fire when he came in, but man, he showed me more than Dom Badji did.

FCD hasn't coughed up a goal yet this season by playing out of the back, but man, Jesse Gonzalez tried his damnedest today.

12. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Mosqera is playing his position incorrectly and its effecting much of the attack

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For about 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the game FCD was just standing around making very simple short passes while Columbus was moving and making longer and line breaking passes. Pomykol was the only FCD player who made those long grass burners into a players stride. Most of the others if they went long did lofted balls that were much tougher to control. Once Nelson came on there was a second player who made those. I would have sworn Ziegler was around 60-70% on passes and worse on long ones as I guess I only noticed when he lumped a long one upfield to no one. Hollingshead was bad enough even the announcers were pointing out how many times he lost possession with bad passes. He did make some good defensive plays around the box. Acosta didn't add much to me and once all the subs were on the movement and effort was good. May be that Pedroso still isn't fit, that they missed Cannon and others are still trying to grasp the the system but I'd sure like to see Nelson on the left and Cannon on the right. Maybe even a Ferreira at CF start with Arranguiz in for Mosquera. There'd be much more movement, dribbling and trickery but maybe they'd get eaten alive defensively.