지·구 특공대 @ FC Augsburg 2017/18 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Gayageum, Sep 13, 2017.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think Moravek has sucked forever as long as I've seen him at Augsburg. All the downside to Koo in terms of bad positioning and flying tackles without any upside.

No accident why Kohr and Baier have been preferred.

2. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    lol...then fortunate for me that i did not follow FCA this season!

3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    IMO the main reason why Augsburg sucked this season are that they couldn't replace Kohr properly and Baier's not getting younger. They need a CDM who combines both player's qualities, which is pretty much not affordable for FCA... at least get someone better than Rani Khedira...

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Moravek wasn't bad in the hybrid #10 position.. mostly as passer when he wasn't injured (granted, Ji DW was superior under Weinzeirl).

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its really hard to say they sucked when they're higher in the table and last season was also painful to watch. As I said, its the same team more or less.

I do think Kohr's lack of replacement is a problem, but I think they were too nice in letting Ji go on loan. They can work around with Koo deeper but as I also said, that leaves huge holes in offensive three positions with only Caiuby and Gregoritsch healthy and good.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess I'm just less enthused and think that they had lots of players at Augsburg on relative scale, let alone absolute, better at that.

7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    The same Ji who hasn't impressed in the second league despite starting ever week (1G 1A in 12 games) since his loan? They just should've signed 1-2 more wingers and not let go of Thommy who since has been decent for Stuttgart.

8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #208 takeuchi, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    hmm, tbf .. Moravek often started when he wasn't injured under Weinzeirl. he forced Koo JC to play as RM while he played in midfield 3 w/ Kohr & Baier.

btw, i think you are rating Kohr too highly. remember, had the same complaints about him when he was w/ FCA (of which, forced Koo JC to play the same roles he is now).

do you watch his games? he has been one of better players for Darmstadt. as for stats.. you should try playing behind guys like Boyd (and few other duds). :rolleyes:

Schuster continues his belief in Ji..

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...vertraut-weiter-ji-als-haengender-spitze.html

edit - btw, don't bother comparing him with Usami... since he was out on loan for a full yr to league leader & didn't do jack til 2nd half once he adjusted to the team.

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Your continued reliance on goals as quality metric is quite silly. Ji has played nearly every minute for a reason.

You should have seen by now that anyone scoring for Augsburg needs a lot of positive factors. Same goes with Darmstadt. Ji does just about everything else well which is what Augsburg needs.

10. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Aside being subbed out in the very first match for Darmstadt he actually has yet to miss a single minute. Darmstadt is also unbeaten for 7 matches now (needs more wins though, 4 points off safe ranks still).

Kanuck, Seol Korea, chook90 and 4 others repped this.
  11. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Ate a doner at Darmstadt and got the worst food poisoning of my life...

12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Looks like Koo Ja Cheol is injured...

13. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    is it bad?

14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I don't know but from what I've read it seems like it's the knee, so I guess it could be really bad.

nmssis repped this.
  15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    well, i guess LCY gets a spot?

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    seolseol repped this.
  17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I guess he'll go to cheer the team but won't get many playing time.

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it doesn't sound that serious. He didn't look all that pained when he got taken off either.

If augsburg had anything to play for or if his family were permanently in Gerrmany, I don't think he'd be going back to Korea. Which in itself seems a good sign (sitting on a plane for a dozen hours).

20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He played some games regularly lately, he is a glassplayer we all knew this would come again. Most important is that he is ok for WC..

21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I hope youre right. Please no more injuries! (except JWY and JHS :p)

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Doc diagnosed him 2 weeks ago, said injury isn't serious thus has enough time to recover for selection for the WC. He's back in Korea to get treatment upon his request hence Augsburg allowed him to do so.

nmssis repped this.
  23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    if it was anyone else, then it'd be less worrisome...but we're talking about "Mr.Glass"
    Hope he recovers in time

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Ji had an assist today

25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    apparently, won a header against three... the scorer went ahead and played hoping/assuming ji would win it.