지·구 특공대 @ FC Augsburg 2016/17 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by wetcrispy, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Paloschi from Atalanta. He can score...and the club wants to get rid of him.

Even a loan with options to buy can possible.

2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    With him being substituted into the match at 90', he has appeared in every single league match for Augsburg this season. No other player was able to do that.

Hodori, jessypjs, nmssis and 2 others repped this.
  3. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    They need to replace Baier as they rely too much on him. Thus season he got injured a lot and is also not the youngest. If they find a good playmaking CM they will get better for sure.

4. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    #679 datschge, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Season stats:
    Koo started 24 matches, subbed in 1 time, scored 3 and assisted 4 goals, 7 yellow and 1 yellow-red cards, played 1.981 minutes.
    For Ji transfermarkt's statistics are hilariously broken. :D By the look of it he started 17 matches and was subbed in 19 times, scored 7 and assisted 6 goals, 2 yellow cards. Playing time I have to calculate first...

They rely too much on Baier as he's the only player that gives their progressively more static systems some flexibility. They could improve a lot if the coaches would train and play something less static than what they deployed in the last couple seasons.

chook90 repped this.
  5. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Missed the edit window. Ji's playing time is 2403 minutes.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #681 aeh1991, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Sure, but they lack the players to do that (especially if Koo JC has a bad season like he had this year). Imo they should buy players more carefully (ok, Hinteregger was good, but Leitner and Schmid were totally disappointing for their prices, Usami doesn't fit the team neither).

Btw it can't be that Ji scored 7 goals this season. He scored 3 G and 3 A in the league and 1 goal in the cup.

Edit: Pascal Gross would have been a very good addition (or Baier's successor) but he'll play in the EPL next season as he signed with Brighton & Hove Albion.

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hopefully Koo can relearn to play deeper without cheap fouls. I think he brought some glue to Augsburg playing there.

Really not sold on Baum but at least he brought some fight back into Augsburg if not much improvement in fluidity.

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    chook90 and seolseol repped this.
  9. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    I strongly disagree. Tactical complexity and flexibility is not an attribute of players but the result of how coaches make use of the players' existing capabilities. Getting new players changes nothing of that, unless you expect to be able to get some superbrains who are able to make and execute the ideal decisions on the field regardless of the circumstances, an ability that's the exception even at the highest level.

You are right, transfermarkt fixed whatever was broken yesterday.

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Suk :D

chook90 and nmssis repped this.
  12. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  13. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    if will...if he's looking for a call up

chook90 repped this.
  14. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He'll RSVP that he needs to attend Soria's birthday party.

wrecklesssoldier, Hodori and chook90 repped this.
  15. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    datschge and seolseol repped this.
  17. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    surprised to hear this.

18. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    When he was healthy he held his own for Augsburg even scoring on occasion.

19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Ji is gonna have a hard season. They already signed 2 offensive players in Cordova (RM) and Gregoritsch (CAM, CF). Erik Thommy (LM) is also returning from his loan, as well as Caiuby (LM) from his injury. If he had impressed it would've been another story. But aside from his appearance number, he had little impact.

jessypjs repped this.
  20. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    It's about time someone put this player on the sideline.

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #696 takeuchi, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    this is only true in 2nd half of Bundesliga. he was consistently good & had major impact in 1st half... even in better form throughout that 1st half of the season compared to Son HM as well :rolleyes:

yes, cheer against one of the very few players in Europe (not to mention, one who played consistently last season). :rolleyes:

12th Player, datschge and Hodori repped this.
  22. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Wasn't saying he was completely bad. But even if you count his good first half of the season (I agree on that), it is not convincing enough to say that he won't face a hard competition next season if these players arrive/come back. I am not completely giving him up but he needs to really try hard imo. My biggest problem with him is that I feel zero attacking threat coming from him I dunno why. I just don't get the feeling "he'll score soon" when I watch him play. A hardworking player and strong in the air, but he needs sharpness imo.

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But can you say anybody on that team gives you that feeling? The only one who provided that danger was Bobadilla and the corresponding feeling that also came up was that he'd miss.

With Altintop gone, Bobadilla possibly gone too, uncertainty on Caiuby/Koo, they needed guys. There was some disappointment in how Ji's season ended and perhaps he's outside of first XI right now, I'd hardly write him off. It's no accident he played in every match.

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Well, fair point. I was just saying he should "긴장해" and train harder to show his worth. I have expected lot more from him last season, especially cause he had started well.

25. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He was 2nd in creating chances last season (behind Baier). As for scoring, to a degree.. I agree but others in the team had issues w/ scoring too. In KNT? Again, if you exclude Son HM (who typically under performs)... I can't think of one where I get that "feeling" the player will score. Park CY scored.. what.. 1 goal in WC? I don't think you should expect Korean FWs to score consistently or well at international competition.