지·구 특공대 @ FC Augsburg 2016/17 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by wetcrispy, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what happened to danso?

2. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    watch the 3rd goal FCA concede..

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh, yeah I saw the implosion happen live. I thought that you had meant that there was injury added to insult (as in young to recover from bad injury rather than errors of young players).

I'm scared to see how they'd do in relegation playoff situation even with Koo and they have some tough matches ahead.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    This year, the second BuLi top table teams are all very good. So yeah it will be tough.

5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ji was a late sub but what a huge win. Leave it to Hamburg to make everything good again. Still lots of work to do though.

6. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Well, Ji's gonna be on the bench for the forseeable future.

aeh1991 repped this.
  7. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    doubt it, especially when you consider the entire team is consistently inconsistent. chances are high Ji starts next game imo (not to mention, as I stated all season... it is difficult to return to form from long injury.. nor are there guarantees players will be fit... just don't know what will happen to Boba & Fins)

edit - since Fins has returned, 0 goals.. 1 red card

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'd be surprised if Baum changed a winning formula so quickly but I also think that ji will have a role still. Gladbach, Hoffenheim and Dortmund ain't Hamburg. But clearly Baum trusts and values Ji even if his scoring has dried up.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Ji will start sometimes. But he is so inefficient in front of the goal if you have watched the last games he played as a striker. His last goal was in December. Maybe it's his bad form, maybe lack of confidence or maybe he just sucks. I'd even put 34 years old Altintop up front in this situation over Ji.

seolseol and zdrstvte repped this.
  10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    You can put it however you want it, the team clicked well vs HSV. I highly doubt the manager would want to risk changing the lineup.

Also, since January Ji, 0 goals in 15 games... Not that flattering either.

11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ji DWs goal scoring drought is a worry ever since the manager change.. not disputing it. Another worry, which used to be his strength early in the season was his ability to hold possession.. is gone. Losing possession too cheaply for me lately.. At the same time, as I mentioned before... every single player for FCA has been consistently inconsistently (Ji had his good moments & bad.. he wasn't completely useless). Altintop was useless til the last 2 games or so... (previous game being his best). Ji .. in the game vs Frankfurt hardly had any service as the team barely had any possession.

As for Fins, sure.. FCA played well vs HSV but Fins didn't. Was the only player who received bad rating & comments. Two FWs who can't score but Ji is useful in the air at least.. not to mention, flexible to play multiple position when tactics are required without burning a sub.

12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    JDW can be happy to be at least a versatile player. That saves him from being dropped imo. I rate his efforts tho. He always tries 100%. But a goal would do him well.

seolseol repped this.
  13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Btw maybe it was the right decision to hold onto Baum. He reacted wisely by changing his whole style and formation. The win against HSV was an important one. But still we will know at the end of the season.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    part of learning process which makes it hard to judge him right now. its not like naglesmann set the world on fire with hoffenheim at the start.

that said, I see more negatives than positives so far.

15. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    How do some of you guys do it? Keep the faith in some of these players I mean. Im a bit envious but incredulous at the same time.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ji is always in a goal drought to be honest. But on the other hand I liked his play this season.

17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Another worthless post, adding little to no value in this forum, from a person who's watched less than 15 minutes (if that) of JDW's play this season. Yawn.

He's had a decent season, yet you complain.

18. jisungpark

jisungpark Member

Dec 7, 2016
    You know who else thinks he is having a decent season? His mom.

19. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    And your point is? You may not be old enough to remember, but some of us had to suffer through truly awful seasons like LDG in Germany (it was even worse than Boro). What JDW has been doing is respectable this season. It's certainly better than anything LDG, LCS, KNI or SKH ever did in their European careers.

I'd much rather cheer on JDW having a decent career in Germany than see a KNT member sell out to China or the desert.

20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    JDW did well in the first half but not so well in the second.

21. jisungpark

jisungpark Member

Dec 7, 2016
    If Dong Gook is your benchmark then by all means go ahead and call it a decent season.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    This.
    Instead of being flippant, provide us with a decent argument/analysis.

23. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    ji is having an ok season, problem for him it's that he sucks.

The Hyphen repped this.
  24. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    that's a shame. he has more talent than anyone in KNT except Son & Ki.... and has some impressive achievements unlike few guys stuck in garbage leagues.

Hodori repped this.
  25. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm always amazed that Ji gets so much flack here from the know nothings while he's clearly one of the managers' trusted guys despite his obviously weak scoring record to play so many roles, many of them non-glorious.