尹志强 r.i.p.

Discussion in 'China' started by ForzaGrifo, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    kind of surprised nobody has mentioned it here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnhIOTlKjPc"]YouTube- ??????????? (part 1)[/ame]

Rest in Peace 尹佬

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    港隊多謝你
    一路好走。

3. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  4. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    R I P. I've always loved him and his wife.

5. Football Mad

Football Mad New Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Melbourne,AUS
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
  6. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  7. KTown222

KTown222 Member

Sep 29, 2007
    He is a leading example to the current generation of players. He gave it all when he stepped on to the field. He hustled and put defenders of the opposing team in tremdous pressure. He scored goals. Plenty of them. He is a great team player, too and has a positive attitude. It is sad to see he struggled with illness in most of this time after retiring as a player. He is sorely missed.

8. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wan Chi-Keung was part of the famous 519 victory when Hong Kong defeated China in a 1986 World Cup qualifier. He was Chinese by race, but was clearly a Hong Kong player not a China player. This thread should not be in the China section.

9. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

I understand he had been a very enthusiastic supporter of the Chinese NT. And there are obviously more fans of him here in the China Forums than any other forums. So I really don't think there's an issue here if we don't make one out of it.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I'm loving this regional tribalism. :D Shanghai should secede from this China section too.

Does BigSoccer have a Hong Kong section?

11. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Go go Canton! ******** China! :D

I don't think he was looking for a Hong Kong section as much as a non-China section. Given recent history, it's understandable that some in Hong Kong still harbor reluctance or resentment towards identifying with the Mainland. But that's just conjectures on my part. After all he was arguing his case on a purely technical basis. ;)

12. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is not tribalism, Hong Kong has its own league and NT and China has its own league and NT. Both are individual members of FIFA and AFC. Wan Chi-Leung never played for China nor in the Chinese league. Wan Chi-Keung played AGAINST and defeated China for Hong Kong on 5 May 1985 and the whole team received a hero's welcome in Hong Kong airport.

13. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Is there a Hong Kong section on this website? No one said it is a sad loss for Chinese football. No one expropriated his accomplishments for Chinese football.

14. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Exactly. Just because he wasn't "Chinese" politically speaking doesn't mean hes not Chinese ethnically (as much as we might like sometimes to be clearly distinguishable from the mainland, to the rest of the world I'm still Chinese not "Hong Kong-ese" or whatever awkward sounding extra classification some choose to tag). Nothing was misrepresented in the original post, and it was just a piece of sad information that is worth noting for any football fan regardless if they are SAR or from the mainland.

15. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    In Singapore, I noticed Singaporean Chinese root for the China NT more than the Singapore NT. See how Zhou Botong shed tears after learning China had finally beaten Korea in the recent EAFF Championship.

Do most of the Hong Kong people only root for the Hong Kong NT?

16. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There isn't a section in www.bigsoccer.com for Hong Kong, but there is a thread.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=749243&page=32

Just that not many cares to read it.

Hong Kong people always roots for Hong Kong NT before China NT. I was there for the East Asian Games match between Hong Kong and China. I am 100% sure more people rooted for Hong Kong than China in the stadium.

All I am saying is that this thread should not be in the China forum. Just because someone is too lazy to look and put it in the HK thread does not justify it.

17. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    I see. But what I asked in my previous post is if most Hong Kong people only root for Hong Kong NT and don't care about China NT.

18. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    It's to be expected. And rightfully so. Otherwise I'd question the very reason for the existance of two NT's.

Forza's been around this site forever. I don't think it's out of laziness that he's posted the thread here. And I think a thread about this could be either here or not here. And people are welcome to post about this either here or there.

Given the kind of fanatic supporter he is of the Chinese NT, it's idiotic for people who truly miss him to make this into a China Mainland vs Hong Kong issue. To argue Hong Kong threads can't be posted here in the China Forums simply because there're two NT's is just as idiotic as arguing if you're not ethnic Chinese then you can't be a supporter of the China or Hong Kong NT.

R.I.P. Please put in a few good words for both the Hong Kong and China NT's with the big man upstairs.

19. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I am sure this is not true.

20. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    He probably doesn't know almost half of the people posting here in the China Forums are from Hong Kong, including the thread starter.

21. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Most Hong Kong people don't care both. :(

22. Angsa

Angsa Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually I think you will find more Hong Kong people rooting for England NT than China NT.

23. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll find more Chinese people rooting for England NT than China NT ;)