¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Gilmango repped this.
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Also, decent chance Juve regains it quickly the way the serie A schedule works. If they do then CL could be determining where Helmond spends the summer months.

unclesox and Gilmango repped this.
  3. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, but Messi sure does the cut to his left nearly as much as Robben.

4. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I have to admit that I'm not really much into women's football but today's Liga match between Atletico Madrid and Barcelona was played at the Wanda with the attendance listed at 60,739. An incredible number and according to Marca it's the highest attendance for a women's club level match in history, beating the 51,211 that attended last season's Mexican League final between rivals Monterrey and Tigres.
    The previous Spanish record of 48.128 spectators was ealier this season at the San Mamés for the Copa del la Reina quarterfinal between Athletic Bilbao and Atlético Madrid.
    Overall, the Atletico-Barca figure is the nineteenth highest in women's futbol history, topped by the 90,185 that attended the 1999 World Cup final USA v China at the Rose Bowl.

5. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Villarreal with a second straight 3 points, fully out of the drop zone, which means Celta is more firmly in it (which could aid us if we go for Maxi Gomez, though I'd like Celta to get clear and stay up, just not as much as Villarreal).

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Bad year for the Galícia clubs.. Depor are rock-bottom in the Segunda!

7. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Today marks 100 years since the founding of Valencia CF. Happy Birthday and congratulations to Los Che!

[​IMG]

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    UEFA opens investigation on Ronaldo's Simeone gesture. Idiot should have made sure to face his own fans instead of Atletico. I guess his manhood was hurt and couldn't think. :ROFLMAO:

Griezmann apparently not happy. Well deserved after that whole "decision" BS. Hope he rots and definitely hope we don't go for him.

9. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

I just saw CRonaldo’s clip. Man, he is doing full pelvic thrusts! Simeone’s gesture was horrendous, but not as explicit.

There is something off in Ronaldo’s head. Sometimes I do feel sorry for him.

Also, the major difference is that Ronaldo is doing it in front of Atletico’s fans. He could get banned.

10. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll get a bigger fine than Simeone did but they will not ban him, I mean I'd love to be wrong but I just don't think UEFA has the cojones to ban for his simulated big cojones and big dick thrusts at Atleti fans.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Probably not. Imagine the extra attention they are bringing with him in the competition.

12. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  13. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  14. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well he did a thrust and also raised his hands up from his balls, simulating a big dick.[​IMG]

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Definitely got a small one. The overcompensating is Trump-like.

Plus he’s Portugués. :cool:

16. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Fvk off u racists bell end

17. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stereotyping isn't racism.

18. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting read on how some clubs with smaller budgets than the giants are trying to compete, even as they are often forced to sell on their very best players, mentioned, in most to least depth, are Ajax, PSV, BVB, Lyon, Monaco, and Southampton. https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/...and-dortmund-at-the-business-end-of-the-game/

Interesting site to explore overall, lots of great look backs at older players and eras, like an ode to Giuly at Barca.

Or this one on the challenges of clubs in Madrid's southern suburbs: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/...e-towns-could-alter-spanish-football-forever/

19. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Jovic with a goal already vs Germany, albeit a lucky and easy one. I’m starting to like the idea of him at Barcelona. Obviously not only based on this goal but on what I have seen from him up to this point. Don’t know who else comes close to being able to replace Suarez when the time comes, which is sooner rather than later.

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Wasn’t THAT easy to be fair... he directed it well and had to put all the power on the header himself

21. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    C’mon, it was pretty much point blank. Yes he had to direct it slightly, but had he missed it, many would have probably not believed he missed a “sitter”. This takes nothing away from him though, as previously mentioned, I rate the guy.

TitoTata repped this.
  22. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Our German Wall starting in goal for the second half. Deserves a starting spot and to be the German no.1 goallie imo. Then again, I’m heavily biased.

unclesox repped this.
  23. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    The German NT is in shambles, extremely lucky to be down by only one goal. Reminds me of the transitional period the Netherlands just went through and are still going through to a certain extent. A changing of the guards is not always easy. Germany still have several great young talents, though. Sane, Werner, Havertz, Kimmich etc... They ought to be just fine.

24. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Germany have looked real good tonight .. just scored a great goal

25. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

MD on Luka Jovic...
    "His passion for sweets and sandwiches forced his teammates to go into his room to take the food he had hidden."