¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor Jose had to shop at Tesco where he paid some 60M British Pounds for the two CBs he bought today, Bailly (first player signed by Jose summer 2016) and Lindelof (signed 2017), at those prices he must have thought he was in Waitrose buying class one organic cage free eggs:.

[​IMG]

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ronaldo has gone, come start of next seson Messi will be 32, so I can imagine Neymar would move to LPB then, the guy will only move when he thinks he can have all the limelight to himself. I imagine at PSG he cries himself to sleep every night consumed with jealousy of Mbappe

Forzabarca and unclesox repped this.
  3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Brilliant pass by Griezmann to set up Correa’s goal. Atleti have a team this season (well, they’ve had one since January but were out of LaLiga and CL by thenso wasn’t so noticeable).

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Apparently PSG's owner told Neymar Sr. that if Florentino starts making offers for Neymar, he will start picking off players off Madrid ... one a week. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gilmango and Leon12 repped this.
  5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Helmond Cup update:

Ajax Amsterdam 3-1 Dynamo Kiev

Next:
    Saturday 25 August
    Eredivisie, Speelronde 3
    Ajax Amsterdam -v- FC Emmen

celito repped this.
  6. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a quick reminder that the CL of South America is already into its elimination phase, first legs already played and only two clubs have remotely commanding leads (0-2 results on the road for Cruzeiro and Palmeiras), return legs are Aug 28-30th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Copa_Libertadores

unclesox repped this.
  7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It’s basically a Brazil x Argentina duel this year.

8. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, even more so than usual. I hope to keep on top of the dates and see some of these return legs and especially the later rounds.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Libertadores can be incredibly frustrating to watch unless you have horse in the game. And even then it can be frustrating. The flip side is that truly anything can happen. And the crowd atmosphere is great.

Gilmango and unclesox repped this.
  10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

What happened to Coman yesterday in Bayern win?

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The combination of events that need to happen for Man City to drop points: 3 posts, stonewall penalty not called and Maradona-esque handball straight into the net (which was also offside). :coffee:

12. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Watching a bit of Juventus for the first time this season and I don't know which looks more surreal: Cristiano wearing a Juve kit or not seeing Buffon in the Juve goal. :confused:

13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Man imagine if that would have happened to Mourinho.. What a 45min rant we'd have [emoji23]

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Helmond Cup update:

Ajax Amsterdam 5-0 FC Emmen

Next:
    Tuesday 28 August
    UEFA Champions League, Playoff Round, Second Leg
    Dynamo Kiev -v- Ajax Amsterdam

15. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could be a very important game in many ways. If Dynamo can come back - they lost 3-1 in Amsterdam, Barca have a last gasp chance to get De Jong this season (and then a bigger chance to sell Rakitic truth be told). And Helmond wise Ajax could conceivably park the bus knowing Dynamo Kiev need at least 2 goals. I don't think that is Ajax's style, plus they will want to get an away goal, but my point is just that Ajax could advance to CL group stage (and keep De Jong) yet lose this game and the Helmond Cup could get a bit further away (Ukraine instead of Holland).

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That was a nice volley from Mbappe.

And I see Ronaldo got one of his patented assists today :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Penalty galore for LPB while Girona get zilch! Did ref consult VAR even once?

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Real Penal Madrid :whistling:

19. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #119 Jpows, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    That scoreline is very harsh on Girona who, understandably so, were left feeling deflated after 2 penalties (one of them a soft one imo) and several missed opportunities. I wonder if the same Madrid fans who were saying Valladolid deserved more yesterday against us will say the same today for Girona. They are obviously not even trying anymore after the 3-1. Kinda feel sorry for them as they could have easily scored 3 goals as well. At the end of the day they are responsible for the quality of their end-product though, but they were unlucky too at times. Oh well.

Edit: 4-1, Benzema looks offside at first glance. Very deceiving scoreline.

20. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    #120 Jpows, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    It’s funny cause over at their forum the “Barca getting the standard penno” or “Barca needed a penalty to win” is a popular argument. I wonder what the true game to penalty ratio is between us.

On a positive note for them, Navas has been superb. If he keeps this up they’re gonna have a sticky GK situation as Courtois’ ego couldn’t handle playing second fiddle to Navas.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    First PK is a clear dive. The way he falls is a big tell.

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They go through the same routine every time Barca plays, the refs help Barca, Barca are divers, and the best one ... La Liga teams bend over for Barca and play hard against Madrid.

23. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Lmao. Classic deluded Madrid fans. Except when it concerns their team of course, then it’s all on the “right” side of that fine line. The double standard is painfully obvious. Some of them are still contesting the offside ruling of yesterday against Valladolid :ROFLMAO: Nuff said tbh.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Judging by the first leg, Ajax should get the job done in UKR. Only need to defend those set pieces better. I’ll predict a score draw.

25. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I fully expect Ajax to get the job done as well, they could have easily scored 1 or 2 more goals in the first leg. With that being said though, it wouldn't be the first time Ajax go into a game being the overwhelming favourite only to screw it up.

This means de Jong stays for at least one more season, which, given our current stacked midfield situation wouldn't be such a bad idea. The only reason I would have wanted him here now is for rotational purposes (with Busquets in particular) and getting a feel for the league and surroundings. I hope Ajax get far in Europe this year again, would be great for his development and would make him more than ready to fight for a starting spot in our team next season. Wouldn't be nice for us in terms of his price-tage thought you can't get it all I suppose.