¡Hala Juve! - The 2018-2019 Other Players (and Teams) thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by unclesox, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Sevilla advance in the Europa League. So they'll be travelling to Lithuania soon after the Super Cup against Barca.

Will be tough to beat them since they will have already played 3 competitive matches before the Super Cup. I don't think Barca have even played 3 first-choice starters yet. :coffee:

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

It's a useless trophy and best thing for Barca is to loose it as a wake-up call like last year against LPB.

4. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It’s like Ronaldo switched from a Bugatti Veron to a normal Ford truck. This squad is a joke and will be destroyed by Barca or even LPB for that matter.

Attached Files:

5. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Darn we should’ve faced LPB again.

6. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    scudetto

unclesox repped this.
  7. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's all Leganés' fault. If only they hadn't knocked out Madrí in the quarterfinals of...

Nah, it all worked out right. :ROFLMAO:

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Helmond Cup update:

Sturm Graz 1-3 Ajax Amsterdam

Next:
    Tuesday 7 August
    UEFA Champions League, Third Qualifying Round, First Leg
    Standard Liège -v- Ajax Amsterdam

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
  10. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Maybe they will make something happen, but I'm a little surprised about RM's transfers. Still no upgrade on Benzema, let alone anything to help with Cristiano's departure. Of course, they're always tricky, but surprising(ly weak) transfer stuff from them nonetheless.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They are not getting their targets easily. It's good that they are not getting them by just waving their badge around. For too long they've been able to keep a deep bench just because of that Galactico seed they planted back in the day.

But maybe they already have Neymar wrapped up for next season and will just take a hit this season.

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    madrid will probably be more of a team and more of a threat this season.
    they might even be competitive in LaLiga for a change.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    lol Yeah, they really could be but I think it'll be crucial for them that Bale remains healthy for once. After Bale, their top scorer in the league last season was Isco with 7 ! :laugh:

Their quietness this summer could be because the most readily available players are for positions that they already have fully covered (Hazard, Courtois, Allisson, Pogba). So basically comes down to a lack of desperation. They're desperate for a CF but the available options aren't great.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Those CL titles bought Florentino at least one season of patience from most fans .

15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I could see LPB winning CL on pure footballing quality this time around and not on offsides, red cards, penalties and gifts from above.

16. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They ain’t winning shit this time. Why don’t you think Barca will win it this time?

17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Because Barca got a coach with small team mentality. Because Barca still doesn't have a solid working plan B. Because Barca doesn't have a solid backup striker. Because I have not seen what form Messi is or will be in.

Not that it's any indications really but Barca depth is dead last in the champions cup.

puyol repped this.
  18. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #43 JoCryuff98, Aug 5, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    We definitely have good depth now. Lacking a striker to replace Suarez doesn’t mean the team is not capable of winning the UCL. Vidal,Arthur,De Jong(for sure we’ll sign him this winter), Rafinha etc ain’t lack of depth. Lol our midfield,defense and attack(only lacking a good striker)are stacked. Puig and Arthur are our future anyways. I think I’m the only Barca fan over here who’s optimistic about winning the treble this season. Messi will be more motivated especially this season.

19. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As if Lopetegui is a great coach. Like I said, I’m very confident that Real Madrid will be handed many Ls this season. But I agree Valverde seems to be a person with less ambition which doesn’t bode well with the club. No UCL this season then no Valverde from next season onwards. I’m getting kinda bored winning league titles.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    We haven’t won the 2018-19 league yet. LPB still have a great team on paper and Atleti have improved.

Here’s something to help with overconfidence: If you created a best starting 11 using only LPB, Atletico and Barca players, Only 3 or 4 players from Barca would make it, depending on formation (just Messi, MAtS and Busquets for sure). LPB would have more and probably still have the better bench too, although Barca have closed the gap significantly. We still rely on Messi to make all the difference.

We won last season because of hard work and Messi carrying everybody for long periods while LPB were super complacent early in the season, but I don’t expect the latter to happen again.

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Bojan starting on the bench today at Leeds in the English second division. Yikes!

22. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I’m not overconfident at all. Being very confident about Barca winning everything there is this season will come true this time.

23. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This rating for my idol is an absolutely disgrace. Only 42 defending for one of the most complete footballer to ever step foot. Lol and that 94 dribbling is a lowball. 2k does a far better job with NBA legends than EA does with FIFA *smh*.

Attached Files:

24. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    i believe cruyff once said he did not want to be in game.
    also 94 dribble is low. should be 96 and defend should be mid 50
    pes does better job

25. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Courtois didn’t show up for training today. Guess Madrid have him now. basically a steal if the rumored price range is correct.