Schmidt's the shit. TSV München von 1860 - 2013/2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: Clubs' started by White/Blue_since1860, Jun 8, 2013.

?

Promotion?

1. Hell, yeah.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 4-6.

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 2nd Buli nirvana.

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  4. back to Grünwalder next year.

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt. Though you can even catch a few J-League matches in the US nowadays...
    I wonder if Fox will try to air a few 1860 matches in Japan. Osako is a popular enough player that a few nerds might want to tune in.

2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Does Fox have the BL rights in Japan?

We used to have a stream at 1860 called LoewentTV. It was a great service where you could subscribe for US$50/year and get the games on demand online. Was a GREAT service which the discontinued due to budget problems.

I am hoping that by signing Osako it will great the demand needed for 1860 to reopen that channel.

3. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I remember correctly, it's Fox...though many of the actual matches are relicensed to other networks, so each weekend you see BL action (both live and replay) on a smattering of different cable channels. Not sure if they'd show 2.BL, but I bet a handful of hardcore fans would fork out for on-demand.

4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    #979 LoewenBoy, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
    In the US I know a few cable and satellite companies have German TV that shows a few 2.BL games from time to time. Streams seem to be the best way in the US right now to catch 1860 matches, though you have to be careful of P2P providers. Many are dodgy.

naopon repped this.
  5. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hi I just came to say that I'll be monitoring Osako's situation closely. If you wish to ask anything about him go ahead. Otherwise since the faiths of 1860 and Osako are now interlinked I hope you all the best

P.S. J-League matches are streamed all the time. You can watch most of them every weekend . Eurosport is also broadcasting which means english commentary and stuff.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  6. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Ticker of Osako arriving at the airport. Had a friend there who confirmed about 25-30 people there. According to contacts the club is collecting him at the hotel for dinner/drinks. Signature and presentation this week. I would have sent a representative to the airport. Japanese are big on courtesy. That was a miss by the club. Not very German...well, not very Bavarian anyway.

Just before Osako arrived who came out of the international arrival doors? Former coach Alex Schmidt....tanned and rested. ;)

http://www.dieblaue24.com/2014/01/0...-vom-flughafen-25-loewen-fans-empfangen-yuya/

7. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Gotta say I'm excited to see Osako play :)

Btw happy new year y'all

LoewenBoy repped this.
  8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  9. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Add one more attacking midfielder which I understand is or may still be in the works and 1860 will be able to make a serious push for promotion.

10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yup. Two being sought...and not the two in the media reports. Chances of getting either are pretty good but will cost more $$.

Epitome990, Gerdoner and goindownsouth repped this.
  11. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Seems Osako will not be wearing #18. DFL rules do not allow for a player to give up a number to another player once the season starts even if that player has never played. Neumeyer had #18 and gave it up for Osako. He has not played a game this season. Heck, I don't think he's even been on the roster for a game. However, DFL rules say the switch cannot happen, so Osako will have to select another number for this year. The numbers 8 and 13 have been mentioned.

13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Could not say anything the past couple of days but Schaefer's replacement will be named today. He is a marketing professional with TONS of Bundesliga experience with a VERY successful team. You will be happy when you see who it is. Embargo is released at the top of the hour. One of the Muenchen dailies has an exclusive which they can exercise between 3-5pm local time. Everyone else can release in 10 mins.

goindownsouth repped this.
  14. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He was pretty adamant against it. May change in 2015 with the Fox deal.

19. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was his argument?

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Memory says "We need to concentrate on our local fans, and local sponsors."

While Bayern is about to open up a US office.

goindownsouth and naopon repped this.
  21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well, he did take a BVB that was in trouble and was part of the team that made it what it is today from a brand perspective. I think he meant focus local and expand for there.

Given BVB has one of the most loyal followings in the world I will take this guy's advice any day. ;) Can it be worse than Stevic? Schäfer? ;)

22. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was last year, I think BvB was pretty strong last year.

As for 1860, I think he's a good choice too. Will help turn around the business side of the club. The fact that he's anti-US market is okay, as he's got enough to worry about at home. I just remembered his comments.

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well lets have a reporter ask him about it. ;)

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    A few Loewen rumors making the rounds. Nothing concrete yet but I suspect they are interrelated in that once on falls in to place, the rest will follow. I explain a bit of what I know in each:
    • Friend (Striker): Rob is said to have been given permission to look around. He has contacted MLS but the offers coming in are not equal to what he gets now. There is interest within Germany too, mostly from other 2.BL clubs. Since he is on loan and has a contract through 2015, he really is under no pressure to make a decision. He is a smart, long-time player in Germany. I do not suspect he will be the first to make a decision UNLESS the money is equal OR the playing time greater. Why move when he has a paycheck and 18 months left on a contract? He's not young and has no career to worry about. ;)
    • Hain (Striker/Wing): Long rumored to be leaving, am aware of only a few "links" to other 2.BL clubs for him. A 3.BL club has shown interest in a loan for him and Bobby Wood. Hain is said not to be on Funkel's list of players to keep either BUT if someone else leaves he might want to stick around (see below). With a contract through 2016 he is under no pressure to move, but at 26 he wants to play.
    • Wood (Striker/Wing): Along with Hain a loan interest has surfaced from the 3.BL. Also with a contract through 2016 and a bit younger than Hain at 21, Wood *may* want to simply play and accept a loan. However, he is #3 in the pecking order behind Lauth and Osako, AND with another potential move (see below) may fancy his chances if he sticks around.
    • Tomasov (Striker/Wing): Yes, you read that right. Marin Tomasov is upset with his playing time under Funkel. At 26, he is in the same boat as Hain, however his contract is up in 2015. Having seen sparse playing time under Funkel and the coming of Osako, there may be even less playing time for him. Now, here is the interesting part: Friend has no reason to leave ASAP, nor does Hain. Bobby also has reason to hope to keep his "joker" substitute role BUT all are footballers and also want to play. For me the "lynch pin" in all of this is Tomasov. If he stays I see a combination of Hain and/or Wood and/or Friend being loaned out or leaving (for Friend or Hain only). If he leaves, then I would expect Wood and Hain to try to compete for one of the wing spots in addition to the striker sub role.
    • New Arrivals: There are two players being discussed as potential acquisitions. Both players have CL experience would bolster the AM and LB positions. They are, I would say, about a 50% probability at this point of signing them. We will hear more next week.
    While not your historical palace intrigue we have come to know at 1860, it will make the transfer window a bit more spicy. ;)

25. Gerdoner

Gerdoner Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    dieblaue reported that Burghausen were interested in Wood and Hain but their offer was rejected.
    I think it would be good to loan out Bobby so that he gets some playing time. I have no opinion on Hain, can't remember much of his Augsburg time and he never played that much for 60.
    Friend to Vancouver?
    Steinhöfer to 60?

Edit: Just 860 posts to go ;)