Zz: Don't Go, Owen!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zizou, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    U think so guys?

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

In Reyes we would have also have a striker that could be subbed in, and more importantly (and the only spot he should be playing really) a goddamn good left winger. Zidane isn't going to last forever.

Florentino will buy another striker if either Ronaldo or Raul will be out, either by leaving the club or not being the first choice and sitting on the bench. Even after we got Owen, rumors were already started about getting Adriano. He's isn't going to be a regular starter at this club, which is logically what he's looking for in any club he's at, moreso when he seems more effective as a subbed in player as opposed to a starting one to give our trainer(s) the excuse to keep him as a sub.

Owen happy by being a starter in another club, Reyes happy because he leaves the bottomless stenchhole that is Arsenal, and most importantly: Oscar happy by getting the one we "let go away".

Oh my God, ignoring Joaquin's latest remarks about possibly joining Madrid (he's just playing hard to get :D) there's orgasmic potential in seeing a line-up with Reyes on the left wing, and Joaquin on the right.

3. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Owen is not a good choice here. He is a poacher and a lot of his goals are from close in chances. We no longer have a striker than can really blast the ball from 25 yards out and score a hit, as Ronaldo and Raul don't do that stuff anymore.

Joaquin? Meh. Robinho, C Ronaldo > Joaquin. I'm convinced we need more current stars than starlets, because we want to continue winning titles, and as long as we have money, we can afford this strategy.

4. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    A goal's a goal mate

5. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was comparing his skills to other people. We need someone who can shoot more from distance.

6. ise_bashis

ise_bashis Red Card

Feb 18, 2005
    Portland
    i like owen.
    but i want him to go back to liverpool

7. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Got to be fuçking kidding me :D

Not only is Joaquin more dangerous in front of the goal (scores more, that in a midtable team as opposed to a top one) he also doesn't fool around by doing aerobics in front of the defenders looking like a fool half the time because the opponent just take the ball from him, he just goes straight to the part of going passed them.

8. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Matter of opinion. But C Ronaldo is more talented.

9. halamadrid101484

halamadrid101484 New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Bahamas
    Owen is not going to sit on the bench for one more year with world cup 2006 coming along no way . He has got to go this summer and a trade for reyes sounds perfect . He is a more rounded player he can play wing or striker and he is an outside threat great shot .

10. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard on the Jimmy Hill show yesterday that the Arsenal board have authorized Wenger to go buy Owen this summer. This is in addition to Newcastle expressing their great interest. So RM could sell Owen for a profit to Newcastle or trade him for Reyes & cash. But I am not so sure that Owen wants to leave and like it or don't like it, player preferences are important at this level.

11. Zizou

Zizou New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1504155,00.html