ZUSI must start next game!

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by deedsy, Jun 16, 2014.

?

Should Zusi start?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. PremierUSA

PremierUSA Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    26th minute, Bedoya took his typical crap shot from far away instead of passing the ball out wide for the wing to make a cross or otherwise keep possession in the final third. I think Zusi is a better decision maker / passer / scorer. The argument for Bedoya is a defensive argument.

2. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The win loss column is even more staggering.

3. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bedoya did have that nice break where he made space with a header to himself then eventually found AJ in space near the goal.

I'm not against Zusi starting, I just think we'll need Bedoya's hustle to help out defense against Portugal. Because Jozy is hurt there's likely another spot available in the attack which I could see Zusior Mix sliding in to.

4. Yankee_Devil

Yankee_Devil Member

Nov 13, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Not to take anything from Suzi, Bedoya was a gem tonight specially with Bradley playing like he did when his dad was in charge. If Bradley does not pull it together for the next game I doubt we get out of the group. If there is anybody in this team that can not be replaced is Bradley.

5. Pike

Pike Member

Arsenal | Hertha Berlin | Brest 29
    United States
    Jun 3, 2000
    New Orleans Born | Shanghai
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can make all the arguments you want (with statistics) but Bedoya did little to warrant his replacement. So unless we change the alignment to where Zusi would be an ideal fit, he will remind a "super sub."

6. elvinjones

elvinjones Member

Jul 4, 2011
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a big fan of Zusi in CONCACAF, but against the big guys, he just seems much much more limited. Good all around player though; not bad. His play reminds me of my brother's too.