Zurawski to Columbus Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by lakaix15, Jan 29, 2008.

1. PVancouver

PVancouver Member

Apr 1, 1999
    Just out of curiosity, where is this reported?

I see that Larissa offered Celtic a £500,000 transfer fee, which is far more than the Crew offered or even could offer under MLS rules. Have Larissa's personal terms with Zurawski ever been mentioned?

2. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you believe the quotes from Sigi and Mark in the Dispatch from last night/this morning, it was a personal terms problem.

3. SxSxWxC

SxSxWxC Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Wyandotte Crossing
    You've never "explained' because you are completetly full of shit.

I can give you dozens of reason why we have a team and why the club should remain here. I doubt you can come up with one true and valid reason why they shouldn't other than your own wacked out opinions. :rolleyes:

4. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    well out of poland it was that they didnt agree on the transfer fee.... zurawski was happy with the contract.... its just the greek club gave more to celtic....

5. ubies

ubies Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Zurawski reveals why he didn't join Crew

http://www.sport.pl/pilka/1,65029,4897884.html

Chciałem tam jechać - opowiada Żurawski. - Ale jak usłyszałem na ile chcą podpisać kontrakt, uśmiech zniknął, a mina mi zrzedła. Trzy lata uważam za zbyt długi czas. Stres wrócił, bo na pewno nie zgodziłbym się na tę umowę.

I wanted to join Crew. But after I heard for long they wanted to sign me for I knew I could not sign the contract. 3 years were too long for me. I would never agree to it.

6. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But, but, but ...

the league ********ed it up! He didn't just change his mind. The league ********ed it up! They always do!

;)

Good find.

7. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Schelotto's revenge. :D

8. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another one

9. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh. He really knows how to butter up the supporters, no?

10. ubies

ubies Member

Jul 7, 2006
    The quoted article from Daily Mail is just a translation of the interview he gave in Polish. There is nothing new here, just a different/better translation than the one I gave.

Also Zurawski never said 'I hope I will find a better club in future'. Exact translation would be 'I hope I will got to higher level than the club in the middle of the Greek league in future'.

11. TheOtherBastard

TheOtherBastard New Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Akron, OH
    So, rather than mention this to Columbus or attempt to negotiate a shorter contract (possibly with option years or whatever) or even letting Columbus know why he rejected them at the last minute he lets us hear it from Celtic's website.

12. Somas of Columbus

Somas of Columbus New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Again why does he owe us an explanation...he found a deal that met his needs, close to home, more money, less years...and signed with them on the transfer DEADLINE...how much time do you think they had to renegotiate with the crew when the crew were dead set on signing him after the deadline...if the crew really wanted him they should of set the terms out a long time before the deadline knowing other teams would be out for his contract...letting us know on Celtics website is a courtesy...he doesn't owe Columbus anything...it's not his fault we put all of our eggs in one basket.

13. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Common courtesy. Would you ever turn down a job offer by simply ignoring it? Or worse, saying "lemme think it over" and then not have the decency to say "no thanks, not for me"?

Good for him. Not mad at him for making the decision to play for Larissa. A little miffed about the unprofessionalism displayed by negotiating with a club and then letting them find out they've failed in the press.

[​IMG]

14. CommonSense

CommonSense Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Portland
    Welcome to the world of international football transfers. I suppose we have arrived....

15. SideshowBob

SideshowBob Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Incidentally, Żurawski scored a goal for AE Larissa last weekend in his debut in a huge win over one of the Greek powerhouses, AEK.

16. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    yep.... you guys missed a nice one....