News: Zoltan: Torn ACL

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by morry, Apr 6, 2010.

1. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    out five months

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_hM7D7EFsI"]YouTube- Vermes on Zoltan Injury[/ame]

2. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can we just cut him now?

And that is a question rather than a statement.

3. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What would be the point? We don't have any roster spots either way unless we did something with someone else and we aren't over the cap, I don't see any plus to cutting him.

4. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought we still needed a spot? We could fill it with Fuzetti if not -- better than Kostrov ....

5. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad we have added depth to forward this season. That's sad. We've barely gotten to see him play. I was looking forward to seeing what he can do.

He will be back before the end of the season though.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No we can not. You can't cut a player who has an injury is my understanding.

We need a spot for Chhetri. Chhetri now gets Zoltan's spot would be my guess. We can't sign Fuzetti unless we waive someone else.

I say all this having not watched the video since youtube is blocked at work.

7. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    okay that would make sense i guess, i don't know all the details but you are probably right but i meant more like we don't have to cut anyone as would have been the case. We have 25 players signed- 24 roster spots- Zoltan now on IR, and I guess we've got 1 or 2 players unsigned.

8. D.B.M.

D.B.M. Member

May 22, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is too bad, I like Zoltan, and it always sucks to see a player get an injury like that.

Do injured reserve players count against the 24? I thought I heard someone say no, but could be way off on this.

Edit: Nevermind, i started typing this before the two replies above, apparently it doesn't. :)

9. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they don't, that's why we don't have to waive anyone for Chhetri now (unless there is something in the video that I'm missing since I can't view it).

10. Jough

Jough Member+

Jul 30, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a shame, I liked what little I saw from him last year and was hoping he could add another offensive option.

I'm still unsure, was he a loan or do we have him on contract? I sort of remember a discussion of this before buyt can't remember the answer... :confused:

11. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well thats too bad, I dont think he was going to play much in our current formation to begin with, but you never like to see this

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    They really need to get a new pic of him on there. Strangely, I met a set of identical twins that look exactly like Zoltan when I was in New Orleans. It was really creepy being opening day and all.

14. dr_gooch41

dr_gooch41 New Member

May 6, 2003
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems to me they were bringing him along to play more like Davy plays in this system. Vermes said in the video that they were bringing him along deliberately, me thinks that it was because they were teaching him a new role.

I've added some more to The Full 90's post on Zoltan. Including this bit about Chhetri:

Check out the blog for more. http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/06/1860982/zoltan-out-5-8-months-with-torn.html

15. Moufwash

Moufwash New Member

May 26, 2009
    Prairie Village
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

that would make sense... glass half full on this is that his game wasnt about speed or quick movement... keep up the good work, full 90 is great

16. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The man was making some ungodly painful sounds with that injury.

17. cjgwizard

cjgwizard Member

Apr 25, 2006
    LSP, section 129
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Games that don't count in the standings suck for this reason....getting somebody hurt. It's better to have something close to a real game scheduled to keep up the routine, but it's terrible to see a guy go down.

Was there any nasty contact on this play, or did he land on it wrong?

18. TPBinKC

TPBinKC Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zoltan said he got a slight touch in the back but nothing bad. It just snapped and he did not blame it on contact.

He looked really bummed (as I would expect).