Zola rues Rossi decision -> Fire Zola and CasaMoron !

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Kqql, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003

Let's see Rossi was in Form and saved Parma from Reglation , while Palladino was out form and didn't play regularly for Juve.

2. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too little Too late. Don, you know what to do. Save the kid from further embarrassment.

3. CoachKilmer

CoachKilmer Member

Jun 18, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oh well one bright spot is aqualina. he is a stud. chiellini is the next zambro

4. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    1. It's Aquilani.
    2. Chiellini is nothing like Zambrotta; If you want to compare a young Italian to Zambrotta look at Aleandro Rosi.

5. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Rosi isn't a defender.

6. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    No, not yet; but Spalletti is grooming him into a RB/LB role--obviously right now he's better at playing on either wing. Spalletti has said he sees quite a bit of Zambrotta in Rosi, thus the comparison. I agree with him too, there are a lot of similarities and obvioulsy he has a ways to go, but he's still quite young.

I love Rosi and hope he fully develops to his potential--just oozes untapped talent.

7. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1) palladino IS a good player. Stop stoning a talented youngster, it's unfair. Also because he played a part in bringing us to the finals.

2) The slow approach to the tournament was not because of Rossi missing and bad luck played a part. We didn't deserve a loss vs Serbia despite our playing below our possibilities.

3) I frankly like the work Casiraghi and Zola are doing. Success at all cost (the gentile way) is not the best way to develop our best talents.
    The only thing I can criticize is the scheme, 4-3-2-1 seems to fit better with the players we have. It's also true though that 4-1-4-1 made us reach the final tournament. it's easy to criticize after things happen.

4) If there was someone like Gentile chances are that Rossi, Cigarini, Dessena, Criscito etc. were not even called because their U21 is the next one.

8. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Well said. Our early exit isn't the fault of the coaching staff. We outplayed both the Serbs and the English and should've won both those games but too many missed opportunities is what cost us in the end.

Casiraghi can select the players, impliment the formation, and get this team into shape. But in the end it's up to the PLAYERS to bury those chances! Something which they were not able to do on numerous occassions which is what cost us in the end.

9. italypassion

italypassion Member

Feb 3, 2007
    My fantastic dream is the combination of the Magical of Rossi in the year of 2010 world cup squad, where de rossi as a midfielder, A. Rosi, whether a fullback or a winger, G. Rossi the hidden striker and Rosina, the winger, to simulate the succes of Brazil, where the Brazilian team that applied the 4-R combination with Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos and Ronaldinno in world cup 2002.

The squad together with Gilardino, when he was born the day of Italy’s 3-2 win over Brazil in Barcelona at the 1982 FIFA World Cup, and Cassano, who was born on the day after Italy beat West Germany in the 1982 World Cup Final.

In the year of 2010, we are going to challenge the geographic obstacles where Italy never crown their World Cup outside euro

It is truely an impossible mission, to crown world cup successively:) :) :)

10. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    We have to wait 12 yrs for the next final again :p

11. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Typical.... one disappointment and all of a sudden it's "fire him!"

I seriously doubt this would have been your reaction had Serbia defeated England and Italy won with the same score...

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Time for a new coach...................................CasaMoron has had his chance and blew it.

IN FORM ROSSI WAS on The BENCH most of the game against Serbia........

Not reaching the last 4 is not good enough....We had the Talent to be atleast in the Semi........

Gentile who had won the U21, didn't get his contract renewed for the same results.... in 2006

Atleast w/Donadoni he plays INFORM Players ........................

13. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    Yet that hasn't stopped you from demanding Donadoni's job termination either....

14. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    I have NEVER asked for Donadoni's Termination.

he's much smarter Than CASAMORON....

15. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399677&page=30

Would you like to confirm what you just said?

Post #445.....

16. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    lol kqql just got pwned!!

For the record I do feel Rossi was hard done by but I do rate Palladino aswell, regardless who is to stay how much of a difference Rossi could of made anyway.

17. Reazzurro90

Reazzurro90 New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Connecticut, USA
    I highly doubt it would have made a difference.

He may have played well against the Czech Republic and maybe deserved to start up in the first two games, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would have put Italy ahead and allowed the team to progress.... That's just hypothetical.

18. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Abete just said on tv that casiraghi and his staff are staying through 2009. I think it's a wise decision, Italy admittedly played like crap in this tournament, but still managed to get an olympic ticket and has been very solid in qualifying, beating the likes of spain, best u-21 team in europe according to many experts....plus, the 2009 cycle started ok. Hopefully in beijing this team (rai commentators said chiellini, pazzini and aquilani are going as wild cards) will shine and erase this year's early and unexpected exit.

19. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But beating Spain doesn't count--it is an international tournament, after all:D

Are you really in Genova? (You don't have to answer, obviously)

20. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, don't really know about the Rosi/Zambrotta, but Zambrotta in his youth was an attacking winger too...remember euro 2000 or when he played for Bari/Juve with Ancelotti??

21. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yes, i'm in genova.

22. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

See PM;)

23. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Internet love? lol

24. Azzurri_in_U.S.A

May 16, 2006
    California
    How do the wildcards work?

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    For the Olympics, players have to be under the age of 23. Each team is allowed to bring 3 overage players. The Olympics is U23 because FIFA does not want it to have the same prestige as the WC.