Zlatan

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by crookeddy, Mar 23, 2018.

1. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I wonder if that actually works.

2. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    During the presser, Zlatan said he was supposed to come here years ago; he was already here in his mind... but then it didn't happen.

Did our FO choose Gerrard over the Zlatan!? Could we have had him this whole time, winning Cups!?

TOAzer repped this.
  3. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Or getting injured.

4. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Wow, that's the kind of dedication we need to see.

hav77, TrickHog and ShortyMac repped this.
  5. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    It depends, with an 8 hour time difference, getting to bed at 7:00am is like going to bed at 11:00pm. So if he was out partying and sleeping in to 3:00pm, then I am not really impressed. On the other hand, if he was working on his fitness and staying home, then I am more impressed.

TrickHog repped this.
  6. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zlatan is growing on me. I hope it continues.

ProudNatRN repped this.
  7. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I'm not a big fan of the ego thing he has going and I generally don't like signing guys who are only going to be here a year or two but if he digs in, works hard, and scores some goals (and I expect he will) then I could certainly see myself being a fan of the guy.

ProudNatRN, ShortyMac and 73Bruin repped this.
  8. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I offer my future first-born

mbar, Beirut, ProudNatRN and 3 others repped this.
  9. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe that no one has used the headline "THE LION ROARS" yet.

ProudNatRN repped this.
  10. CakeYear

CakeYear Member

none
    Jun 22, 2007
    Inglewood, Ca.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The match along with Ibra has got MLS trending worldwide right now.. LA does MLS right. If only these other big markets like NY, Chicago, Boston, Philly got off their asses we might have something as a league

11. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about "THE LION FEASTS"?

ShortyMac, ProudNatRN and ragbone repped this.
  12. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Inconceivable......

L.A. Native and ProudNatRN repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was more a case of Man U stepping in with an offer that could not be refused. Face it, big bucks and possible champion league v. us? Don't blame him for turning us down then. Don't see it as a FO failure, and you know I rarely defend our FO.

L.A. Native, hav77, kaburu and 3 others repped this.
  14. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although I think we can still blame the FO a lot for signing a no-legs Gerrard.

L.A. Native, skydog, shelbo and 7 others repped this.
  16. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You know I'd seen him play but never listened to him talk before he came to the Galaxy. Hearing Zlatan talk it is surprising how genuine he is - post game he was describing celebrating after scoring the tying goal and he was talking about how he just wanted to share in the energy the fans were providing and if he had the energy he would have run all the way around the stadium celebrating. I have to say I'm a bit surprised to say he doesn't just come off as a big ego, but he's likeable. If yesterday was any indication it should be fun to have him around for two years.

17. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    You know he seemed slow to me - I never realized it was because he had no legs. It makes sense in hindsight but I feel bad for not noticing.

skydog and kaburu repped this.
  18. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hav77 and rokstedy repped this.
  19. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rokstedy repped this.
  20. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    rokstedy repped this.
  21. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the IKEA in Carson doesn't take advantage of this for marketing, I don't know what they're doing.

22. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed this monumental match due to work and I will and do regret it. I had my reservations about the king of the jungle, I mean the arrogance, the swagger and the major $h!t coming from this dude's pie hole. It just doesn't sound or feel so PC in our pansy arse society over here. I mean we are used to the feely touchy soft as marshmallow athletes here that prefer to run their mouth on SocMed and cry about this, cry about that. And we let it all distract from what we want a bit of distraction from. But I digress when I learned the Lion wanted to be transferred from that cold little city in England to the lights, the glitz, the entertainment Capitol of the universe our fair "Ye Olde LA" I was thinking here we go Gerrard, Pirlo, Lampard maybe if we are a bit lucky KaKa 2018 season ahead. I was getting the updates on my phone and I was sick to my stomach by the 3rd goal. I turned off the updates and went about my miserable Saturday business thinking at the time of how glad I'm making money instead of at home wasting my tears and emotions. Everyone at work was busy with college basketball, NBA and MLB so it was not hard to not get any info on the end of this game. I hesitantly sat on my couch and pressed play on my dvr and watched from the start of the second half on knowing that the first 45 were just going to give me heart burn or a migraine. By the end of the match I was frozen with disbelief and questioning my own football memories. I couldn't comprehend what I just witnessed, not only a come back of monumental pre portions but a player almost single handedly destroying a pub team from the downtown area. A lot of people talk a lot and write checks with their mouths that they can't cash. Zlatan is not one of them, he said he had nothing to prove here. He was wrong in that he had to prove to me that he was not another Gerrard, Lampard or Pirlo coming to kick back and give me 5 minutes of brilliance for 2 seasons of hype and shirt sales. And boy did he deliver it was the single greatest debut in our leagues history bar none, no one comes close. To not only have the balls to talk like a boss but to get out on the pitch and in 20 minutes win the match and give us a world class stunning strike for the ages. I have no choice but to accept that the man is 100% genuine and a bad a$$. He's put the league on notice he's calling his shot and when we lift the cup MLS and that pub team from downtown better recoginze that "THIS IS zLAtan".

ShortyMac, ProudNatRN, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  23. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wonder if zLAtan will regularly dine there while here in LA.

TrickHog and rokstedy repped this.
  24. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a text from my friend that he's staying in the hotel where he works...

TrickHog and hav77 repped this.