Zlatan

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by tomas_brolin, Sep 11, 2004.

1. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I am a fan of zlatan just of the player not really of what he says does or anything really, but im just wondering when he was at Ajax was he hated that much? and why? just wondering of course

thanks

2. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    No he wasn't hated, he was a bit of an anti-hero actually.
    His (seemingly) arrogant attitude, the way he could play his own game at times, the fact that he didn't feel the need to run for a ball he might still have gotten... But he wasn't hated.

At Ajax the fans can be a bit too demanding sometimes. If the footy isn't too good (which is an important thing at Ajax, but it can happen) the workrate should be 300%. If not, the fans tend to get angry at the team or certain players.

3. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Zlatan Ibrahimovic was a truly magnificent player, though he was a man of moments. Take the match against NAC Breda: he scored an extraordinary goal after passing six or seven defenders. The match after that, against FC Utrecht, I didn't even notice he was actually fielded.

Anyway, he was of great value to Ajax and most of us are extremely disappointed because of him leaving the club (even if it were only because Sonck will now play as first striker...). Our offense is weakened, especially for the Champions League. We will really miss him - at least I know I will...

4. romie_romie

romie_romie New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    PSV,Eindhoven
    awsome news for me that zlatan left for Italy.

Top 3 teams are on the same line again..Otherwise ajax are obviously stronger than the other 2 in this season.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i basically agree, but AJAX and psv still seem a bit better than feyenoord... i'm not so sure feyenoord will finsh ahead of heerenveen

6. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    Zlatan Ibrahimovich is a Sweden right but, I'm confuse about his name, that's not a swedish name, it sounds like Szhech's name... :confused: :confused: :confused:

7. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    His mom's parents were Croatian.

romie_romie: Don't be silly. Even without Zlatan Ajax outranks PSV and Feyenoord by many, many miles. It's the Champions League that Ajax fans are worried about.

8. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    His mother is croatian (Jurka) and his father (Sefik) is bosnian..... :)

He grew up in Malmo and lived in a populated immigrants area (Rosengard.)

He went under the name Zlatan for a while at Ajax, but reverted back to Ibrahimovic on the back of shirt in honour of his father..... :)

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

err, screw you for being so smart and not letting me write it ;)

10. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    ahhhh go on. Write it as well. I don't want you to feel left out...... :rolleyes:

:p - nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh........

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I know why he was hated by non-Ajax fans in Holland. He had a bit of a problem keeping his elbows to himself.

12. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Which has been blown up to enormous proportions by the media. He may have hit three people, of which two were accidents. Only the one against Van Bronckhorst in the Sweden v. Netherlands match was done on purpose. The reason people from Rotterdam and Eindhoven hate him is that they wish they had a player of his caliber.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The others were accidents? Hahaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaa. Yes just tell yourself that. He's a great footballer all right but he's also a nasty piece of work. I'm not from Rotterdam or from Eindhoven btw.

14. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well he scored on his first appearance for Juve in our 3-0 victory over Brescia Calcio....

Thanks Ajax, hope he stuffs you on Wednesday as well...

15. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

[​IMG]

16. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC