Zlatan makes himself impossible

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Aug 19, 2004.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    ya know what? i'm not pleased at all, and i dont think kone is an adequate cover for zlatan at all...

BUT i just dont have time to be bitter right now - we all knew the drill, we still have matches to fight for and there's still a squad full of guys ready to wear the shirt on sunday

i am for the squad and the coach, not the board

AJAX VOOR ALLTIJD

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has anyone seen bable play lately??

3. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the f*** were they thinking?
    Why Juve? Especially when they're in the same CL pool!!!! :mad:

And why so low? Juve really took Ajax to the cleaners if that is the fee.
    What is the management board going to do now? Give themselves a nice bonus?

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!! :mad:

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

19 million euros ain't exactly low, my friend... unless you compare it to what they could have gotten next summer

5. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Latest developments:

There is a delay in the transfer due to the fact that Ajax will not agree to any transfer at all without getting sufficient guarantee that there will be no trouble whatsoever in getting paid. Seeing how time is precious at the moment it turns out to be unsure what will happen.

Voetbal International's sources estimate the chances of Zlatan staying bigger than him joining Juve.

Zlatan was still in Amsterdam, waiting for things to come. However, Ajax have decided to let him go to Turin tonight under 'pressure' of the Juventus board.

He should have been registered at the Italian football association before 19.00 but it's not yet clear if this deadline has been made. According to Studio Sport the deal has been finalised but might still fall through as Juventus seem to have trouble in getting their hands on the needed bank-guarantees.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    the zlaran deal went through for 16M... and the kone deal was cancelled due to some problem with his medical

fek

7. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    yah, I was sort of thinking that myself when I wrote that the bid was low - well as we now know, it was even lower.

I just dont get it. The guy's stock is rising rapidly, they need a guy in the middle for a good Champion's League run and then they sell him on the last day to a rival in the same pool of the Champion's League.

And then their potential replacement fails his medical. Which leads me to the same question:

WHAT THE FVCK IS AJAX MANAGEMENT UP TO??? DID SOMEONE HOLD A GUN TO THEIR HEAD WITH AN "OFFER THEY COULDN'T REFUSE"???

:mad:

8. nucgunner

nucgunner Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Van, Can.
    How much did the tackles in the Holland-Sweden match have to do with it???

Normally I don't put much stock in such things, but the fact that Raffy couldn't even crack a smile when Zlatan scored that goal seems to have spoken alot. Seriously, he looked completely unimpressed, he looked like he loathes him. And the fact that he was sold to a CL opponent suggests this deal had to be done, and quick.

9. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    I have to agree. You hate to think that something like that would really be the cause, but you do have to wonder about the timing and seeming desperation of this deal!!??

Then again maybe Ajax really believes this is the best deal they could get.
    Hopefully Ajax has some stud in their pocket we do not know about cuz other wise they seem to have a big hole to fill.

10. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Internal problems are the only reason I can think of why Ajax would have to sell him. However, still not a good enough reason IMO.

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I don't think you should be too hard on Ajax management. Zlatan has looked like a footballer who wanted to leave for a while now, and as the thread title suggested two weeks ago, I think deliberately made himself impossible at Ajax to force the move. When you look at it that way you should be glad you got rid. A player who doesn't want to be there won't perform.

12. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We'd just have to see about that.

And the Ajax board deserve every little bit of trouble they get for just about everything that has occured over the past, say, 8 years or so. This is only another big drop in a bucket that tends to overflow every once in a while.

BTW, it's an extremely simple story. You don't go around and sell your nr 1 striker on such short notice when you have no replacement whatsoever. Although he was no goalscoring machine, he played a very important role in the attack.

If he would be motivated or not really wouldn't be relevant as soon as he'd find his car flipped over after morning practice (just a for instance) and his ass the Ajax 2 bench until 2006.

13. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    aside from the flipped car (unless I missed something), it sounds like a Trabelsi story :)