Zizou is set to return!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
  2. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I say play the Prince and the Legened and keep Baptista and Guti ready on the bench if anything goes wrong...

3. johnmatrix

johnmatrix New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Zidane and Robinho.

4. Air Fly

Air Fly New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Zidane and Robinho.

5. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am glad to have him back, most importantly for sqaud depth. No matter who we vote for it really is nice to have the ability to choose betweeen these playes. I have to say i would rather see Zidane with Robinho and have the beast up front. I hope Guti isn't to be penalised by his return he has looked really good. His immense passing would IMO be ideal against a team like Olympiacos.

6. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't think Zidane will start. If he does, he probably is going to get subbed, because it's hard to play 90 minutes when coming back from an injury.

I would like to see Zidane and Robinho.

7. galactico(12)

galactico(12) New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    why is it that Zidane, robinho and baptista have to compete for a position, but beckham doesnt? Surely when we talk about people competing for an attacking midfield position, or even a wing position... we should include ALL of these guys? How can becks be gauranteed a place, yet Zidane robinho and baptista must all fight for their places? This doesnt add up. :confused:

8. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I see things this way: Zidane and Robinho are just too good to compete for positions.
    So the competition would be left between Beck and Baptista. These two have completely different styles. So each one is going to play depending on the scheme.
    Luxa's current scheme favors Beckham.
    Baptista is going to fight Raul for a place.

9. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Noone is too good not to compete for positions. So your saying that if either Zidane or Robinho has a terrible run of form they still merit a place in the team while others are playing better.
    It also doesn't appear Baptista will be fighting Raul for a place. Raul has been playing in a much more advanced role than Baptista has. Baptista is playing a more central role therefore he is competing with Zidane, Garica, Gracesen and even Guti. The past 2 games i feel Beckahm has played well. He certainly has determination and has had 3 assists in the 6 goals. His fitness seems to be a lot better than other players. He runs around the pitch a lot and helps Salgado a lot more than either Robinho or Baptista helps Carlos. I don't criticise Robinho as its been a long summer for him.

10. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Come on, don't bring extreme situations to the argument. Of course a "terrible run of form" would put anyone on the bench (except for Raul :( ).
    We are talking about the present situation.
    Baptista is playing a central role, and that is leading him to failure.
    He would have much more to give playing more offensively.

11. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Well in relation to your point about Zidane i still don't feel who should autotically start. Yes, like all legends he was capable of performing week in week out. Not now, he often looks jaded even after a weeks rest. Bringing a rusty Zidane into a game like this is a bad option IMO. I would feel a lot more comfortable with Guti behind the strikers than him. My biggest problem with Zidane is the same i have with Gravesen. He takes a hell of a lot of pace out of our attack which inevitablly reduces our threat on goal. Guti is a lot quicker than him although he does not possess the touch of Zidane.

I completely agree with you on your views on Baptista. A man who guarantees 20 goals a season is hardly the ideal player i would want occupying the LM role.

12. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    made my day this! thank fck. wondering how long this was going to go on for...no zizou that is.
    no disrespect to baptista, i voted robinho n zizou, but i think we should go or the most atttcking options at home, zizou and robinho are more attacking than baptista imo. altho in away games this could change and i wouldnt mind seeing baptista n somebody else

but for now

all hail the return of king zizou!

ok ok too much, but yano :)

13. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is it that Raul will not sit the bench?? I know he is the "Son of Real" but I don't think that makes sence in a world class club like the "Galacticos".
    And having the master Zizou back on the pitch will definetley spice things up in offence, but now who will play in the back?? We have 3 CD, Woody, Ramos and Ivan, with Salgado and Carlos automatically WBs. Is it possible that we see all 5 of them in the back, a trio in the middle of Robinho, Becks and Zizou and the Raul and R9 up front????

14. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I actually get sad that Raul never gets the bench. I said that many times here, but you don't have any obligation to know that :)

15. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    sounds like a good plan ofr certain games, maybe if injury was to kick in or rotation needed. good plan or not though, i dont think it would ever happen

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Beckham's form has been scintillating the past few games, therefore, it's unfair to take him off... Raul has done well too, and Robinho has been great the whole season.. Baptista has suffered from bad form, but that is mainly because of playing out of position... So if we judge by form, you have to take off Baptista...

17. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Beckham is going to extend his contract for another 2 seasons... He'll be 34 by the time that contract ends... I know its a little off topic but just thought u'd like to know...

18. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan
    I don't see why people would want Raul benched... he's been playing rather well since the start of the season. The real stinker has been Baptista - just bloody awful. For those of you who saw him last year (I didn't), where do his strengths lie? What position would he be better in?

I have a feeling most people would say top striker, but we already have Ronaldo there...

I know people were happy with the signing, but watching him bumble every dribble and botch every pass has been painful.

19. halamadrid101484

halamadrid101484 New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Bahamas
    I highly doubt they will start zidane he hasnt played in three weeks and he still woudnt be 100% healthy . Maybe he will come on later if things arent working out KNOCK ON WOOD!

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah I have to agree...

21. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luxembourgo doesn't like wings so I doubt he'll play 5 in defence, cuz that'll push Carlos and Salgado a bit more forward with enough support in back. And I agree with both your points, certain games only and it ain't gonna happen.

22. MrMan

MrMan New Member

May 20, 2005
    Even though he's been injured, the rest has probably done him good.

If he is 100% then it should be an excellent return.

Most likely he will start on the bench though, yeah.. (knowing how lux seems to handle returning players)

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    i.e. Woodgate...

24. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, if Zizou doesnt start then 'OUT OF FORM BAPTISTA' will, and Zizou's touch is magic, so even on 60% he can provide more than Baptista can(i'm not saying Baptista is 100%) but thats how I see it.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Yeah, but would you want to reinjure him again... I think we should keep him on the bench until he has recovered fully, and not risk losing him again...