Zindedine Zidane or Danny Cadamarteri- The Ravel Morrison Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Feb 9, 2014.

1. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think there are too many players ahead of him but I have no problem with a second tier player going, his form is excellent.

2. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    hard to argue with some of his play

just wondering who he would usurp in the squad

3. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He'd probably be a natural replacement for Lallana or Barkley were one of them to get injured. I don't see him forcing his way in front of anyone before the end of the season though, not while playing the Championship.

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    just my take which I do not expect many would agree with but I would prefer both Lallana and Barkley over Ravel for now

5. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    When you factor in workrate/application/temperament I would too. I do still think that Ravel is more gifted in terms of technique/vision etc. than Barkley though.

6. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    He was excellent in the first half, but struggled for space in the second half until Forest started chasing things. He didn't really adapt to Forest closing things down more until the gaps started appearing where he took full advantage.
    The pass for Zamora's goal was outstanding (and Zamora did his usual best to miss it), but there are also times when he doesn't have the ball and needs to realise that other players are in the better position. A couple of occasions in the first half where he almost got into a tangle with others going for the same ball and he would have been better letting them go on. It shows he wants to be involved (which is a definite plus) but needs to improve his judgement at times. That will hopefully come with more top level experience.

It's the first full game of his I've seen in a while and he reminded me a bit of Kevin-Prince Boateng - very similar elegant style. Hopefully he'll kick on a more than Boateng did. At the moment he can still be a bit of a luxury player when things are going against you, but when his team's on top he can really dominate the opposition's half. Next season will be critical for his development.

fernb8 repped this.
  7. Waddle&Hoddle

Waddle&Hoddle New Member

May 11, 2014
    Watched him in the Wigan-QPR game, all QPR did was hoof the ball and he saw nothing off it. He needs to be playing premier league football for a team that can suit his style. You put David Silva or Mesut Ozil in the Championship or West Ham and they would look out of place.

8. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

As the old saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink from it, because this kid will be talked about in the what could have been category, because you can have all the ability in the world but if you don't have the right mentality then you can only go so far and Morrison has found his level IMO

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
  11. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    So Big Sam will likely be shown to be right in wanting him away from West Ham... so sad that someone with his talent doesn't have the wherewithal to use it.

12. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I would not bet on it because Morrison has been remanded in custody for the next week, P.S he had better make sure he doesn't drop the soap while he is jail

13. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I doubt they're sending him to an American prison.

14. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah I don't think male rape is actually that common in prison.

I don't really feel sad for him in that he's throwing it all away, he does seem a nasty piece of work. Hopefully he grows up and sorts his head out but his football career will probably be irrecoverable by then.

15. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    So purportedly Morrison not only assaulted his ex-girlfriend outside a nightclub, but then went to the ex-'s mother's house a few hours later and assaulted them both. If true, that takes some serious stupidity on his part. I can see him being in custody until trial and then having his contract cancelled by West Ham if convicted.

16. kent paul

kent paul Member

Jan 2, 2004
    england
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In life every so often you meet people whether they be friends, family or work mates, who just have the self destruct gene in there dna, and no matter what you say to them they always find a way to screw up, and all you end up doing is just banging your head up against a wall in frustration. Because when a great man manager like Fergie washed his hands of him at 17 should tell you all you need to know about Morrison as an person, because the kid is just a waster, and when you find one the best thing you can do is just get rid, which is exactly what WH and Southgate should do, because like I said he does not want to be helped

17. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    He's going to end up as a more talented Nile Ranger.