Zidane

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Soccerdude redded, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    NY or I hate t say NJ should go out and get Zidane fast while the love- fest for soccer is the highest. Yesterday was the day where we the Soccer fans were waiting for a long time to see. At this stage I care less how you get the rest of the people hooked to soccer, but do it. RedBull do you hear me?.

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

How can they hear you if you never go to a game?

3. MannyMayhem

MannyMayhem New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Studio City, CA
    It's gonna be kinda hard for Zindane to play for NY seeing as they already have 2 DP's and I don't think anyone is going to make a trade for Reyna.

4. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    For your info I bought season tickets for the past 5 years. This year I have gone to 3 games and I will be there when David playing RB.I will go to every game if Zidane plays for RB,because he's my people. Boy I hate that Cross Bronx Expressway.

5. flippin269

flippin269 Member+

Aug 3, 2003
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because a Frenchman gave head to an Italian in front of the whole world doesn't mean he's going to impress the New York media post-retirement, yo...

6. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA

first off, NY'ers loved getting sprewell after he slapped his coach, second, zidane play's some seriously pretty soccer. he's a play maker, and a team leader. any team that was able to get him, thats any in the world, should be very happy.

7. Sakatei

Sakatei Member

Jun 24, 2007
    If they could rig it where he lays some craninum on Jennifer Love Hewitt than I say go for it. I would love to see the resulting physics of that encounter.:cool:

8. TFC07

TFC07 Member

May 19, 2007
    Brampton, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    True. Zidane should play in MLS, but he should play for Toronto instead of New York. :D

9. That should play well in Boston and San Francisco

10. Arrozito

Arrozito New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    SC
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zidane would definitely bring attention because of his head-butt. Maybe the MLS could use their own version of "T.O." (but not Michael Vick) to keep the reporters talking.

11. User Name

User Name New Member

Jun 8, 2007
    England
    I doubt Zidane is interested, he is enjoying his retirement playing indoor futsal games where his incredible, incredible technique and skills can be used. He is mentally and physically exhausted from football, you could see it his last 3 years at Madrid - the World Cup was his Indian Summer.

12. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been saying that Zidane needs to get over here NOW. Philip Anshutz is a billionaire and he could easily get Zidane here to raise soccer's profile. Unlike Beckham, Zidane is a great possession player who has great moves and ballhandling skills and he could really get the fans out of their seats with his amazing play.

Also, with Zidane's highlight reel moves he could help get soccer on local sportscasts and newspapers which largely ignore MLS now.

Zidane should be here and it can be done!!

13. #1TFC

#1TFC Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Section 123
    That would be cool. We could diss him and watch him head butt someone:eek:

14. Ollie & Friends

Ollie & Friends New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    I think we should let Zidane enjoy his retirement. Bringing him here would make some people lose respect for him. I know I lost respect for Beckham when he decided to come to the MLS.

15. DinamoTFC

DinamoTFC Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Toronto
    Well I just lost respect for you, seeing as your an idiot.

16. xTottixCorex

xTottixCorex New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Indiana
    Alot of you seem to have forgot he retired with a year to go on his Real Madrid contract. So, if you want Zidane, you have to talk to Real.:(

17. Gino Franconni

Gino Franconni Red Card

Sep 1, 2007
    Solvang

I don't really think Zidane would have any desire to play here in the MLS. When he retired I think he actually meant it. He's still very much involved with the sport but more or less working with childrens' groups & says' he's happy now to have so much time to be around his family.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think your right as he would have probably accepted an offer by now. Maybe if he had agreed to come in April of this year but I think by now he is pretty much done. He has been out of the game for more than a year and I doubt he still has a desire at 35/36 yars old to make a comeback.

19. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And we already know how cooperative they are with MLS (See Beckham, David)

20. Ollie & Friends

Ollie & Friends New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    I deserved to be called an idiot. Thanks.

21. LAGalaxyUSMC

LAGalaxyUSMC New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Maybe retirement is where he belongs. Here is Zidane in an indoor game looking, well, extremely ordinary. Sad to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06LUVolxapw

22. CMAC

CMAC New Member

Oct 18, 2007

Taking the high road I see.

23. Agogwe

Agogwe Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I'd love to see Zidane play at least one season in MLS, he doesn't seem to want to come out of retirement. Would be fun to watch though.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    By next MLS campaign , it will be almost 2 years since Zidane will have played any organized soccer.

25. Sakatei

Sakatei Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Zidane is playing for (insert your hated team here) ?