Zidane to America?

Discussion in 'France' started by eubh223, Feb 9, 2007.

1. from the plaines

from the plaines New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Plaines

If the artical is correct, a reason for him to come to MLS is that there would not be nearly as much presure. Most fans would just want to see him, so it would be alot more relaxed. Plus he isnt that well known over here. If he walked down the streets of Chicago he probaley wouldnt be bothered much at all. If he wants a nice quiet life playing soccer and being more or less out of the papers and left alone. MLS is good place to do that.

2. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    just sarcasm
    It's simple: Zidane said he was very impressed with MLS when the MLS All-Stars beat Chelsea last year. And Fulham the previous year. And Everton the year before.
    He said he wasn't aware MLS was that good!

3. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    I met him last year and invited him to a bbq i'm hosting in a couple months. You know, some beer, good weather, good times all around. At first he was hesitant but then I said " on a des merguez" and he calmed down and said " 'tain, keske ça me fera plaisir là, ouai d'accord j'y serai.. aucun problème."

so yea, maybe in a couple months!

4. CutePuppy

CutePuppy Red Card

Nov 14, 2006
    Can you get me his autograph?

Thanks in advance

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ilv2 you've made a big mistake! we had zizou around for our company mechouia and all he did was lie in a deck chair and put down ricard after ricard... didn't talk to anyone, sign any autographs, and didn't even watch our 5v5, much less play... the life of the party he is NOT! :rolleyes:

6. eubh223

eubh223 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Irvine, CA
  7. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    hmm judging from guignol's experience it may be difficult. I will try, but w/ no guarantee. At least he likes his ricard, that ain't too bad (thanks for the tip guignol!). Maybe the merguez will soften him up even more - hell, it'll almost be like he's back home! Hmm, perhaps some paella clinch it, but then he might be too busy gorging himself rather than entertaining us...oops did I say entertaining us? I mean, uh, a mutually relaxing enjoyment um.. time.

8. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The only way I see this happen is if he can go with some of his friends like Dugarry or Lizarazu and live some kind of American soccer adventure...My 2 eurocents...

This said, it can be appealing to develop the sport you've been excelling in in a promising new land where there is still much to do. Maybe the love of the game without too much pressure will be the most important parameter. Those guys breathe football.

Beckham may bring the glamour aspect to the MLS but someone like Zidane would certainly bring the attention of soccer lovers all around the World ; the prospect of witnessing him on the field a little bit more is still so attractive.

One negative point would be to bear some more Tesos Dos Bichos rants about Zizou but that's another issue ! :D

9. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Hello again everyone. I guess the news of Zizou is spreading around fast on the France boards. I will say this if he comes it will be interesting and our French youth international Elie Ikangu will learn from another former great French International.

It could also mean he might be borrowing Youri's apartment in Manhattan. ;)

But if Zizou does come to play for RBNY this MLS Season, it would be great pleasure to inform you folks once again on how the club does as well as Zidane does on the pitch.

10. Gotham PSG

Gotham PSG New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    lmao you guys still believe he will come here?

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  12. from the plaines

from the plaines New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Des Plaines

Why not its the preseaon, and its pretty boring for the most part. And rumors at least make the time pass :p

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    better than watching the corn grow? :D