Zidane and Makelele to return for France. No joke this time.

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by pmannion, Aug 3, 2005.

1. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    It's not Kappa, it's Puma... :D Even though I like Italia they will never win it unless Totti steps up. And no one can argue with me on this subject....At least France has won the WC in the last ten years.

2. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    What reason is there to be upset? You guys can have Zidane and Makele weren't they at WC 2002 and Euro 2004? They did so much there that we should be frightened right? :rolleyes: It was never an easy 3 points even though you were down you were still incredibly dangerous. Now the mindset changes a little bit, but I would hope that it is not a day/night change. Their jerseys still say France. Even though they have a few more hands on deck they still can be beaten like Greece, Denmark, and Senegal exposed.

The pressure is on France. They are the ones planted in 4th place right now. They must play the 2 toughest teams on the road for qualification. They have the pressure. We need to win, but we are at home and should have the right gameplan to land France on their couches watching Germany 2006.

3. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    Being constantly under heavy pressure is the distinctive feature of great teams ... :cool:

We're 4th but with only 6 games played, whilst 7 games for the Irish, and the game not played yet is the one against ... the Faroe Island ... at home. :rolleyes:

4. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    A place where you are yet to score...

5. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    I have the extreme arrogance to think that we are going to beat the Faroe Island, even if it sounds pretentious to you ...

6. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Dude, calm down I am just messing with you. However, I find it very arrogant that you and the rest of the Frenchies decide to grace us with your presence in the Ireland forum. It is good I guess, but slightly arrogant. Johan Neeskens did the same thing the week before the Romania-Holland game. She came into the Romania forum and started making fun of us for believing Romania could win.

7. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    :D

8. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    I don't need to calm, I'm perfectly relaxed, but as you're inviting me to quit, I quit ... bye

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Au Revoir

10. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    I always believe tgat Ireland has a chance. After Euro2004, CL 2003 I don't see how anyone can make fun of any team. Look at Celtic for god sakes! So just to clarify myself... And I'm not being sarcastic either.

11. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Much like you then, huh? :rolleyes:

And how do you explain this twat in the French forum doing what you said the French fans were doing here?

12. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Yes, jackass yes.

13. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Maybe you'd care to enlighten us as to what is wrong with French supporters coming onto the Irish boards to talk about the French team?

None are being obnoxious or arrogant even when you try to bait them. This baiting, needless to say, arises from ridiculous political beliefs concerning the USA and France, and have nothing to do with a World Cup qualifier between Ireland and France. But somehow you think you're scoring points and defending the Homeland (read USA) by going mini-pitbull on these posters.

I, for one, don't care in the slightest what your problems are with the French as they relate to American foreign policy. If the French posters want to come here and give their views and opinions as to what the return of Zidane and Makelele means to the French team, then fine. Now, if they become obnoxious, let them know, but they didn't. I remember mixing up with Iranian fans before the last WC, but they were trolling, and were fair game. These French fans are not. But, in typical chicken-hawk fashion, you decide that solely because they are French it allows you to be an obnoxious twat.

Oh well, continue............:rolleyes:

14. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Repped....

Well said. France and Ireland have a long history of friendship anyways (some due to the common threads of hating England, and both being Catholic nations). Like I said, still think France and Ireland advance out of this group, and that is also what I'm hoping for.

15. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    You're right. I guess I got a little carried away. The reason I started to get all upset was that one guy said we are scared, and that is the reason for lashing out at them. I guess I could have debunked that accusation in a better way.

16. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LOL, tss tss.

You lack ambition, don't you want to smack us at the WC2006 instead, in front of everybody... ;)

Concerning the return of Zizou, in order to cheer people up around here. Remember this WC 2002 match against Denmark or the Euro2004 against Greece, Zidane&co were there, yet we were eliminated...If we play like crap, we'll lose, Zidane or not.

17. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Which nation is ridiculous that you speak of? Italy? Or do you mean the USA too? You know sl7vk, i highly doubt that any Italian WC team will ever be the "Laughing Stock". You just better hope that the French make it, because most of the people that follow soccer in the world would think its pretty damn hilarious if you miss.

And dont think there is a chance that Italy wont qualify, because then you would be lying to yourself......just like you do when you keep telling yourself how good Les Bleus are.

18. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

19. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Where are all these Italians coming from???
    Yes the USA is ridiculous, but at least we don't wear skin tight uniforms... Yuck.
    "I better hope that the French make it, because most of the people that follow soccer in...."
    You're pretty incoherant buddy. And I never said anything about Italy not qualifying. Go away.
    [​IMG]

20. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    The swiss and the irish are in the best position. It's highly unlikly that france will beat ireland in the national stadium......that's worse than playing in Landsdown rd. When it comes to the swiss......they have a chance to win in Basil....and that's it...................everyone is expected to beat faroes and cyprus. The funny thing is .......I am just as concerned for Israel against faroes as I am for Israel against france or the swiss. Israel tends to suddenly fall in such situations....as others stated. :D

21. Ami05

Ami05 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    California
    Oh and Sl7vk ....... nice picture..lol.

22. cmblfc

cmblfc Member

Jan 6, 2005
    New Britain, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sl7vk, how am i incoherent? I am incoherent because I am confident that the French will not make the World Cup?

Go away? Dude YOU are the one in the Ireland forum that is out of place. I enjoy watching Ireland, and they are my favorite of the group.

The French are making outlandish comments again. What else is new?

I really dont get the point of putting the picture there. I am not a fan of the newer Italian jerseys either. I happen to like World Cup '94's jerseys the best. Just because we have sucky jerseys dosent take away our prestige. Is the picture supposed to also be a cheap joke at the two Italian players being "a little too close?" Grow up sl7vk, you are starting to act like you fellow countrymen a little too much.

Allez! ;)

23. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    Oh come on, we all know it's the greeks who are gay, not the italians ! :p

24. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

There was absolutly no connotation to the picture, just one of the few I could find with those absurd unis....
    I find it humouros that you get homophobic about it though.

25. fearmor123

fearmor123 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Dublin
    OK to get things back to the topic at hand, and maybe upset people a little more- it sure did me!! Thuram also looks like he's coming back!! Zidane says he's almost certain Thuram is back!

I still though have (perhaps over optimistically) a feeling that we will win our 2 remaining home games- we will learn from previous over-defensive performances and the game in Paris was one of the few since Kerr took over that the players really raised their games for (competitive games i mean).

Gotta admit Cyprus away could be tricky tho!